Chapter 1

Time

 

 

♫Only Human (Cello Version) – すすむ うえだ

 

She finally stands up leaving her work room and heading to her room, looking through her closet for a beautiful black dress. She starts undressing herself to get changed and looking herself through the full-body size mirror in the corner of her room before gets paused by tears.

“It’s been two years…” she said to herself

“We should have been married for now. We should have been living a happy life now… how dare are you leaving me alone like this?” she stops by some time to calm her heart down but her mirrored body cries as she blurred her make-up away.

She turns herself and takes some steps to take a beautiful black hair band with a big black rose posted in the right side of it while staring blankly to the picture frame where the hair band is putting affront. In the picture are her and a young man who used to be his boyfriend, or even husband, smiling showing their pretty couple rings.

“Am I looking pretty now?” she said as she walks away, switches the light off, and leaves the house for visiting his grave.

Two years ago, they were in car accident where her boyfriend died in his way to hospital due to lack of blood. It was a terrible accident. He was driving her home after their visit to a studio where they would have their wedding photo shoot there. She injured herself until she lost her memories for some time due to shock…and these few information are the only ones she could remember during the past two years, plus that she loved the boy more than she loved herself.

Holding tight a white rose flower, she puts herself in her beautiful memories where she met him for the first time, so many slides of beautiful memories being played on her mind. Their first awkward meeting, their first date, their first kiss, and their last meet. She couldn’t help but cry over how they amazed each other on the day where they put wedding dress on them, on the day where they arranged their engagement party and even their wedding party. It was all awesome. It was the time when you would feel like falling in love once again because you could see the charm of your couple covered by beautiful wedding dress. It was the time when even your friends would envy you for wearing it.

Those are nothing now. There are no such things now. She has put her life in line like a while after recovered and found that she couldn’t meet his boyfriend any longer. She once tried to kill herself, hoping that they could reunite and continue their ruined happy life. She looked on what caused the accident but nobody told her. His family who felt like being betrayed by her is no longer contacted since the last time they met on the hospital, two days after the accident. The story only her doesn’t know, how much time left until the truth revealed?

In front of his grave, she is kneeling herself down to put the dried white rose and to have a conversation as if he alive.

“On days like this, I feel like someone might come to find me. You really forgot everything. You anticipated the moment you would leave, how amusing was it for you? It wasn’t love that by then you were done with me…” she paused as her voice turns husky by the time she started speaking

“If you didn’t exist then my heart would stop. If you were here then I wouldn’t need anything, but it’s now impossible. As we take a step back, the empty space between us is filled with tears…”

Things keep overlapping on her mind. She feels sorry of his death. She wants to stop crying and restart her life.

“If you think you can understand my heart, please cry with me now…”

The weather turns bad by now; the sky is getting darker as it would pour rain anytime like how Park Booyoung could cry anytime. But the cold wind freezes her tears that they couldn’t flow anymore. She lifts her head up only to find the dark sky.

“Are you going to cry with me?”

Still staring on the empty yet dark sky, she stands her body up ready to leave.

“It’s okay please don’t cry. I will stop crying so you will only need to shine like a star in the sky… you have your own peaceful life already… now I’m going to have mine…”

She turns her body aside, sighing and wiping her dried tears away. She starts walking in heavy steps away the grave without even looking back, walking in an endless path aiming nowhere.

“Wherever it aims, I’ll keep moving on. Though it’s not easy to tell you goodbye, I’m going to take a risk, take a chance, and make a change out of the darkness I’ve been living in the past two years. I would pray…” She whispered to herself