BESTFRIEND (ONE-SHOT)

BESTFRIEND (ONE-SHOT)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bin and I grew up together. We became best friends. We went to the same school, from grade school to university. Yup, the same university but different majors. I was a science major while he was a music major. Bin loved music. He loved writing songs. He wanted to be a producer one day and believe it or not, he’s going to be the best one. I can prove to you that. 

 

Bin was a kind, sweet, caring, loving *insert all positive adjectives here except being handsome* best friend ever. He’s not handsome. He kept on telling me that he is but nah believe me he’s not. Okay, he’s charming but not really charming. Back to my story, there was one time during middle school. I went home late because of a project. As I was heading home, I noticed that a group of guys was following me from behind. I remained calm and walked faster. I got nervous and scared. I wanted to shout for help. The guys were walking fast. I could hear their footsteps. “Mom, save me.” I murmured. I was about to call Bin when someone suddenly grabbed my hand from behind. I closed my eyes and began shouting loudly. “Hey hey! It’s me!” A familiar voice whispered. I slowly opened my eyes and found out that it was Bin and checked if the guys were still there. “They run away the moment you started screaming.” He said. I was shaking and started crying. “I was really scared. I thought it was the end of me. Why did you grab me suddenly...” I hit him many times while my tears were flowing. “That’s why I told you not to go home late. What if I was not around.” He angrily said. My tears just won’t stop flowing. “I’m sorry. It’s okay. Everything’s fine now.” He gave me a hug and accompanied me home.

 

You might be curious if we considered each other more than best friends since we’ve been together but nah, we’d never thought of that. He had a girlfriend when we were in senior high school but they broke up after 6months. I didn’t like that girl for real. But as a best friend, I supported their relationship. Like I had no choice. But there was a time, the girl came to me and slapped me real hard. I was heading to the library when she suddenly appeared in front of me and gave me an open-handed blow. Woah! It still gives me shiver whenever I think about it. That was my first time getting a slap. Mom never slapped me in the face. She did it because she got mad at me because she thought I’m trying to flirt with his boyfriend when in fact she knew that I was his boyfriend’s best friend. Nonsense. Not angry while typing this but mad. I was so surprised and wasn’t able to retaliate. I only gave her an eye like where the hell did I go wrong. I gave them space. Even though, I really wanted to call my best friend because I wanted someone to talk to but I held back. I respect their relationship.  I knew what my place. I was only his best friend. The moment Bin knew what had happened, he broke up with her. I wasn’t the one who told him about it though. Believe me, I kept my mouth shut even though I really wanted to choke that to death. Well, best friend won. But seriously, it never came into my mind that he’ll break up with her. Sad but not really sad.

 

Our friendship continued until college. Even though we’re from different majors, we still find time to spend with each other. You could find us in the library during class breaks. I was studying while he was writing music. Not until Bob came… Bob was from swimming club and a science major like me. I had a crush on him since middle school. He was my ideal guy. I didn’t know he also had a crush on me since middle school. He thought Bin and I were in a relationship that’s why he was not making a move. It was during college when he figured out that Bin and I was actually best friends. He started hitting on me and confessed his feelings. Bob was really a nice guy and Bin can prove to you that. He supported our relationship. He even congratulated me on getting a boyfriend because he kept on teasing me of having no boyfriend since birth. Yup, your girl finally had a boyfriend after 20 years of existing. Bob and I had a happy relationship but I never forget my best friend.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter