Chapter 43 - Back

I Saw That

a/n:

ayo wassup~ the biggest troll in history is back!

first of all, i really want to apologize to all my lovely, supportive readers, subscribers, voters, anyone, everyone.

i went on an unplanned hiatus for like... 2 months!?

it wasn't that i didn't wanna make an update, but college was being a giving me a hard time.

yeah. my college life .

and i barely had time to sit down and imagine things and write.

i'm so so so sorry.

anyway. this story would end real soon.

so. yeah. be prepared.

and. yeah.

 


 

 

 

"Was that... me?"

 

The laughter hadn't died down; it kept getting louder and even louder in both ears of yours instead. For the first time ever, you could clearly hear the voice. But this time, you didn't find the need to shout back the same question it always asked: who are you? You knew the owner of the voice too well and honestly, it kind of scared you. But the voice was just too familiar to be afraid of, and it's ridiculous to feel scared of your own voice anyway, right?

 

Yes, you read it correctly.

 

It was your own voice.

The voice that had been echoing all the time, the voice that kept asking you questions so that you recognized it.

And there you were standing, legs slightly shaking from shock.

 

"Took you long enough." The voice, your voice, said.

"This is ridiculous..." You muttered.

"No, it wasn't ridiculous. You, were ridiculous." The voice; it chuckled. "You should've recognized your own self sooner."

"But why... I mean, this is silly. Am I crazy or something? And, holy , why am I freaking talking to myself!?" You were pulling your hair in frustration.

"Geez, calm down. You're not crazy, ____. I am you. I am not crazy, so you are not either. Got it?"

"But then... why? What is this? Who, I mean, why am I talking to you... to me?" You spinned yourself around hoping to see the person who was speaking to you. But then you stopped, realizing that you were talking to yourself all this time. The person you were chatting with was you.

Lunatic, it was.

 

"You forget who you are. That's why. And, hey... you haven't answered my question."

"Which question?"

"Duh, which else, Kwon ____. Who are you? Oh my, you still don't remember, do you?"

"I, uh... I..."

"Fine. Let's change the question. Let's say... Who am I?"

"What do you..."

 

The images flashed so quickly that you let out a loud gasp, surprised.

 

"What was... that?"

"You saw that? Nice. You're going to remember yourself soon."

"But, what is..."

 

The images flashed again. This time, they were crystal clear.

 

"Oh yes, I remember now."

 

***

 

 

 

"Uh...." You opened your eyes slowly, letting them adjust with the surrounding. You felt sleepy, and somewhat peaceful inside. Soon, you felt something heavy on your grip, and you smiled.

 

I'm back to reality, I guess.

 

The first thing, or the first person to be exact, that greeted your vision was a pale handsome face of a young man named Kim Myungsoo. The man you loved. The man who always protected you. The man who died for you. You were still holding him tightly in your small arms, hugging his cold body, dead body, close to your chest, to your warm body.

 

Maybe, just maybe, he could feel the warmth too.

 

You observed the perfection in your embrace. Myungsoo's face which looked more like a perfect sculpture still managed to make your heart fluttered, to rise your heartbeat into the stage that you couldn't control. Those eyes that were incredibly sharp and gentle at the same time you loved the most. His oh-so-pointy nose you wished you could nuzzle to all day.  And his lips. His freaking kissable lips.

 

Well... a kiss wouldn't hurt, would it?

 

And so, you planted a soft, shy kiss on his perfectly carved lips.

 

 

 

 

 

"I saw that."

 

And you giggled.