Chapter 2 - Nightmare

I Saw That


You saw that clearly, despite being in the dark, somewhere you didn't know. It's an empty street you're walking on. Literally, empty. There was nothing to see besides bushes, and of course, the street which seemed to be endless. You swore you had never been on this street before. It's so unfamiliar. You were even sure that there's no street like this existed in your town.

And, yes. You saw that with your very own eyes. You saw the guy. You saw the other guy. And you saw the blood. You even saw the knife. Fresh blood dropped from its sharp edge. You froze to death on where you were standing at. You just couldn't move your feet.

And that was right when the guy, the killer, turned his sight right to you. You really wanted to scream but something on your throat just wouldn't let you do so. The guy then slowly walked closer and closer. If you could, you surely had run away, anywhere, as long as you could avoid his gaze.

Those eyes...

You couldn't help but crying. That seemed to be the only thing you could do. That man was just some steps away from you, with his knife still being gripped tightly on his right hand. And his gaze was still on you.

Right when you felt like dying, you felt a gentle on your face.

"____-ah?"

You opened your eyes as fast as you could. Tears were still falling down your cheeks. You were crying for real.

"____-ah, are you okay?" Myungsoo sat on your bed and stared at you. You could see worry on his eyes. He then wiped your tears with his thumbs and sat you down. Myungsoo then pulled you into his arms and hugged you tight. You could feel the warmth on his chest. You could hear the rhythm of his heartbeat. It somehow calmed you down.

"What were you dreaming of, ____?"

"B-b-blood... man... eyes..." you mumbled. You were in a really big shock that your brain couldn't even make a proper simple sentence.

"Ah... it's just a nightmare. Don't worry."

"It was t-too real. I saw a m-m-murder. I was... there." You were finally able to speak properly, even though you stuttered a lot. You couldn't describe the fear. You shivered when you remembered those eyes. Right then, you could feel Myungsoo's hand gently your hair. He really knew how to calm you down.

"It was a dream. You are here, ____. I'm with you all the time. I woke up hearing you sobbed loudly, right here, on your bed, in this room."

"But, Myungsoo..."

"Sssh..." Myungsoo let go of the hug and put both his hands on your cheeks. He stared right on your eyes.

"Look. It was a dream. Okay?"

You slowly nodded. Myungsoo then laid you back and pulled the blanket back over your body. He gently your head and gave you a sweet smile.

"Go back to sleep," he said.

"I can't. I'm scared."

Myungsoo got off from the bed and laid back on the floor. He pulled back his white blanket. But then, he raised his hand and asked, "Where's yours?"

You were blank for some seconds, but after that, you smiled and gave him yours. He held your hand tightly.

"See, ____. If you have another nightmare, bring me in. I'll protect you."

"Greasy..." you chuckled, but felt touched at the same time.

And the two of you went back to sleep.

Fortunately, you didn't go back to the nightmare. Instead, you have a really sweet dream about this boy who was holding your hand in his sleep...