Final

Friday Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Friday nights were always the best nights. It meant the end of a work or school week and the start of the restful weekends. It was commonly known as the night to party. But more importantly for Sana, it was the one night where she and her sisters would spend their dinner exploring the city and various restaurants.

 

Or at least, that's how it used to be. They still do go out weekly for dinners but with Momo's latest obsession with a nearby cafe, they've eaten there for almost 4 months straight every Friday night.

 

"Bingo Bango Bagels again?" Mina sighed. "The least they could do is improve on their name..."

 

"Come on, Mina! You know my friend is working there and besides, the food is really good! Also, according to her, they also have a new chef and..."

 

Sana and Mina slowly tuned out on Momo's excited ramblings on how exciting it was to try out the new menu due to the new additional staff last month. It wasn't rare to see Momo lapse into one of her excited states and after having handling her for years, the two younger sisters were used to it.

 

The trio walked down the familiar path to the cafe and was greeted by the usual bright lights, warm atmosphere and homely decor. Honestly, apart from the cheesy name, the cafe was really good. The ambience was homely, the food was good and the price was just right. And for a trio of sisters living all on their own, it was a godsend.

 

"Dahyunnie!" Momo pounced on the meek part-timer.

 

Sana just looked on fondly at their eldest sister catching up with her best friend, even though they had just seen each other in school earlier that day. Mina had gone on to talk to the manager, Chaeyoung, to get their usual table. Oftentimes, Sana felt as though Mina was the same age as, if not even older than her and Momo. It made her wistful to think that Mina could not enjoy herself, always feeling pressured to be responsible and level-headed all the time, just so she didn't have to burden her elder sisters. Sometimes, Sana wished she could have been capable enough to let the her simply enjoy her youth. But the shoes of two parents were simply too huge to fill.

 

"Come on, don't just stand there in a daze. We have a dinner to eat," Mina brought Sana out of her thoughts and waved her over towards their table. "Also, judging from that melancholic look on your face, you were probably thinking of unnecessary things once more. You've done your best, really, and it's enough that Momo-unnie gets to enjoy herself all the time. I'm happy too."

 

They exchanged a meaningful glance and Sana could only smile back gratefully. She really did have the best sisters in the whole planet.

 

Ordering didn't take long since they had pretty much memorised the menu by now. However, Sana did opt to try the new chef's specialty. She had done so for a while now and the chef never failed to disappoint. After placing their orders, they listened in on Momo retelling her always interesting days, especially her wild encounters with her teachers. Despite how much of a prankster she was, the teachers could never do much to her since she did get decent grades (her sisters were Sana and Mina, after all) and was the star of the dance club, bringing glory to the school every tournament.

 

They did, however, get interrupted out of the blue by someone they weren't expecting to, asking something they definitely did not expect.

 

"Hey, could I get your number?" Chaeyoung attempted to casually say, directing her question to Sana.

 

Keyword, casually. She didn't appear nervous or anything, though. Rather, she looked pretty excited. Sana didn't think that Chaeyoung actually wanted the number for herself, though. Throughout the 2 months that they had been there, she had expected that if Chaeyoung were to approach anyone amongst the three of them, it would have been Mina.

 

It seems Mina didn't share this deduction, though.

 

"What for?" She spoke up, almost perfectly masking the disappointment in her voice.

 

Sana and Momo knew, though. And from the controlled surprise on Chaeyoung's face, she knew too.

 

"Just a favour from a friend in the kitchen. Although now that I'm on this, could I get yours too?"

 

Now Sana could sense the nervousness from the girl. Mina simply sputtered and turned red while Sana felt her cheeks slightly warming up too. Only Momo bounced excitedly in her seat at seeing not just one, but two of her sisters being courted at the same time.

 

"I'll give them both to you! Sana's is -"

 

"No, don't give it. We don't even know who the chef is and it's even more suspicious that they didn't ask you on their own," Mina interrupted and glared towards the kitchen.

 

"Well then, what about yours?" Chaeyoung shyly asked, voice slightly wavering.

 

Sana really had to give that girl credit. She really had guts to boldly ask for Mina's number, especially impromptu. Unfortunately, her efforts didn't pay off yet.

 

"What are you doing, Chaeyoung. We're only supposed to get the squirrel’s number. Also, the other customers are waiting," Jeongyeon hissed as she dragged Chaeyoung away.

 

"Our new chef is a great lady, by the way! A wonderful catch, just like the seafood in our restaurant! She's also really cool and adorable and reliable so no matter what your type is, she definitely will fall in that category!" Chaeyoung called out.

 

Mina gaped at the sight of a forcefully retreating Chaeyoung, stunned by the sudden request for her number and also by how Chaeyoung just publicly gushed to the whole restaurant about how wonderful the new chef was. Sana simply watched, amused and flattered.

 

"Oh my goodness, you could both get laid tonight!" Momo swiftly dodged left, successfully avoiding getting hit by a right chop from Mina. "Just give them both your numbers!"

 

"I won't hand Sana-unnie over to some new chef that we don't even know anything about. Aside from Chaeyoung's gushing which is not enough," Mina stubbornly enforced.

 

"But if she had gushed over you, it would be enough, right?" Sana teased.

 

"T-that's beside the point! The issue of my number is not important-"

 

"Because it's already been decided that you would give it to her later if you don't faint out of nervousness and embarrassment," Momo cut in.

 

"-but you shouldn't be giving your number out to a random stranger that you have never met," Mina pointedly glared at her eldest sister, effectively shutting her up.

 

"That's kind of the point of giving your number to someone, though. Getting to know them better," Sana mused.

 

Mina was about to continue the debate when Jeongyeon came over with their sets. She professionally laid the plates down and normally would have left, but today, she lingered a while longer. The three customers looked up at her questioningly before understanding came over them.

 

"Don't tell me, you're going to ask for numbers too. Momo-unnie is pretty much taken, though," Mina narrowed her eyes suspiciously.

 

"Head chef's orders. I just need Squi- I mean, your number," Jeongyeon ran a hand through her hair before directing the question at Sana.

 

"I'm Sana, by the way," Sana chuckled lightly, not offended at all. "These are my sisters, Mina and Momo."

 

"A name for a name. What's the head chef's name?" Mina continued to interrogate.

 

"Tzuyu. Chou Tzuyu. Experienced chef from Taiwan, genius chef that skipped 2 grades and graduated at the top of her class in the Institute of Culinary Education in New York. Worked in the industry in New York, then Taiwan and then decided to return to her family which stayed in Korea. Joined this restaurant for about a month already. Now is that enough to get your sister's number?" Jeongyeon sighed.

 

“Damn that Nayeon... Just because I owe her one," she muttered under her breath.

 

"Interesting credentials, but that's not all that we care about. Tell her that if she doesn't show herself, she won't get even a single digit," Mina declared.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter