The First Time I Heard You

Do you believe in forever?

“Hey, Chaeyoung?”

 

Chaeyoung looked up from the magazine that she was reading and turned to Mina. “Hmm?”

 

“Do you remember what you had said to me the last time we were alone here?”

 

They were currently alone at the practice room as the members and the staff went out for a break.

 

Chaeyoung stared at Mina as she silently debated with herself on how to answer the question. Since that night Mina had crawled into her bed, they had been doing more and more couple-like things like going out on dates and cuddling on the couch. But they had not talked about their relationship, and she was not sure what Mina thought of her as.

 

A really good friend? Her girlfriend?

 

“Um… I forgot.” Chaeyoung replied after a while as she looked away from Mina.

 

Mina let out a long breath before muttering under her breath. “Idiot.”

 

She grabbed Chaeyoung’s T-shirt and pulled the other girl towards her. She pressed their lips together and slowly started to kiss Chaeyoung.

 

Chaeyoung blinked as she tried to make sense of what was happening. It took her a few seconds to finally register that Mina was kissing her.

 

She felt her heart beat increased and a wave of warmth washed over her. Her body relaxed and she melted into the kiss.

 

Mina pulled back and placed her forehead against Chaeyoung’s. “So, about what you had said before…”

 

“I’m in love with you.”

 

“Good,” Mina replied with a teasing grin. “Because I think I’m in love with you too.”

 

 

“Do you believe in forever? I never believed it until the first time I heard you telling me that you love me.”