THIRDWHEEL

THE ECLOIRE

It is around 7PM in Seoul. Actually, I am in a hurry because I am going to meet my friend to give some help. I was crossing on the empty road, it's pretty quiet at this location. Suddenly there is a very bright light shines over my body. 

My heart runs high to the top that I can't bear to scream or think of anything. My mind went blank for a second I I- I just think that I will die. I throw my head to the side and close my eyes tightly. 

CCCCCCTTTTTTTTTT

I fell to the ground. And died. 

Wait- But I hear a sound of door cars slammed. "Excuse me-" I feel a hand tapping on my cheeks. I guess- it means I'm don't die?? I open my eyes slowly. 

Black. A person with a black mask and black cap. AAAAHH I'M CRYING. THEN THE TIME IS COME. THE ANGEL OF DEATH. 

"Ahjussi- tsk tsk tsk...." I began to cry. 

"Please not now.. Give me more time.. at least to tell my family first.. tsk tsk tsk~ T___T" My cry become loud. "EOMMMAAAA T____T" 

"What are you doing? Miss.. Are you sane?" Wait wait- My friend never said that Angel of Death could talk. 

My tears stopped as I began to sit properly and met his eyes. "Am I going to die?" I asked.

"Err.. I think... No. I almost hit you, I'm sorry but you're talking now so I guess you must be fine?" He looked at me unsure as he thought I am a crazy woman before. 

Now that I know I am not going to die. Suddenly I get angry- "YAAA!! ARE YOU CRAZY?!?!?! YOU ALMOST HIT ME BY YOUR CAR AND I WAS ABOUT TO DIE!"

He bow down to me apologizing. "I'm so sorry."

"B-but I am going to meet someone now. Please contact here for any further discuss about this. I am so sorry." He gave me a... name card? 

"Choi Ho Geun?" I read out his name.

"No, no. It's my manager please just contact him if you need anything to take care of this accident." He said.

"Mwo? Nuguseyo?" I confused.

He sigh before taking his black mask off. "Park Seo Joon Imnida. I'm so sorry that I drive carelessly before but right now I am late and going to meet someone. So please understand and contact my manager regarding to this. I'm sorry. So sorry." He bowed down to me many times.

I.. I totally shock. "Ah, N-ne.." 

"Kamsahabnida." He bow to me again before leaving me confused. 

 

WHAT I AM THINKING ABOUT:

FIRST. I WAS ALMOST DIE. REPEAT. ALMOST. DIE. 

SECOND. I WAS ALMOST GET HIT BY A CAR.

THIRD. THE CAR BELONGS TO PARK SEO JOON. I MEAN- ACTOR PARK SEO JOON.

FOURTH. I SAW HIM JUST NOW.

FIFTH. BUT HE IS THE PERSON THAT WAS ABOUT MAKE ME DIE. I CANT BELIEVE IT.

 

I walk slowly as I feel dizzy about these thoughts. I took my cellphone on my pocket and call my friend. 

"Hello?" 

"Hae Yeon-ah." I speak on the phone.

"Ya, Gwenchana? Where are you?" She asked as she knows my voice is not as usual.

"I will be there around 15 minutes. I am walking slowly." 

"WHY?! ARE YOU SICK?" Her voice went high. 

"A bit. I will tell you later when I arrive. Order me anything. I feel so hungry by now." 

"Arrasseo. Walk safe." 

And the phone ended.

 

Inside the restaurant

"Who is it?" A gentle voice asked.

Hae Yeon offers a smile. "My friend I am talking about. She is on the way here. Maybe 15 minutes." 

He nods. 

_______________

MAA CAFE. 

_______________

IT MUST BE IT. I opened the door and look for Hae Yeon. THERE SHE IS. IN THE CORNER. SITTING. WITH. THE CELEBRITY SHE MET AND GETTING CLOSE WITH. AND HE IS PARK. SEO. JOON.

WAIT- PARK.. SEO.. JOON?!??!?!?!

"CHO HAE YEON?!!" I screamed. My mind went so dizzy.

"Tell me now!! The celebrity you are getting close with is PARK SEO JOON THIS GUY?!?1"

You can tell Park Seo Joon having that OH CRAP face right now and my bestfriend's face is shocked at my sudden scream voice. 

"What is this now?" Suddenly a gentle voice cracked the hell out of our confusion. I turned around to the source of the voice and.. BTS's V. My mind went complicated as soon as that and the word I can say is.. "Ige mwoya.." 

__

 

I am eating my spicy nugget, having my mind blank and trying to restore it, finding some right reaction to respond to all of this. I am sitting beside my bestfriend Cho Hae Yeon with the idol she told me that she is getting close with, BTS'S Kim Tae Hyung. And now I am facing the National Actor that almost made me die today.. as representative for V's bestfriend.. Park Seo Joon. 

"So you're Im Na Reum?" Tae Hyun asked.

"Ne." I answered just like that. Coldly. Confusedly. 

Hae Yeon pinched me in my waist, it means I need to behave!

"Ouch! N-nee, Neee. My name is Im Na Reum as you know I'm Hae Yeon bestfriend since we're at school." He nods. 

"Ah- Na Reum! Why did you late? You said you will tell me once you get here. What happened?!"

I almost choked on my nuggets. "A-aniyo. N-nothing."

And Park Seo Joon only chew on his rice while looking at me as he did nothing??!! I mean- He can always says it first and tell everyone on the table that HE ALMOST HIT ME BY HIS CAR THATS WHY IM LATE. 

Hae Yeon and V having some chitchats. And thats my job as a thirdwheel is accompany them is just stay here. Make it like they're not on a date. Actually still not because they just know each other and it's the first meeting but I never know V will bring also a friend and I don't know it feels awkward. 

After some time. They think it's the time to say goodbye and they will make a schedule for the next meeting. I feel relieved knowing I will go home soon from this weird situation before- 

"I think I will drive Hae Yeon by myself. Na Reum-sshi.. How about Seo Joon help me to drive you home while Hae Yeon go home with me?" This Tae Hyung guy asks me that innocently without knowing that was the worst idea!!! But look at Hae Yeon.. OMG. DONT LOOK AT ME LIKE THAT.

BUT I ENDED UP SAYING. "O-okay.." 

 

You know that this is the idea I will never have in my life. Now I am sitting inside a car that almost hit me just a while ago. And Park Seo Joon driving me home. 

"Where should I drop you off?" 

I hold for a second before ask confusedly. "What?"

"What kind of question is that? You will drop me off somewhere you mean like bus station?! I thought your bestfriend told you to drive me home." I raised my voice angry because what kind of guy will drop a woman off to bus station at this hour?!?1

"A-ani-aniyo. Thats not what I meant. You looked very uncomfortable inside my car I mean- you can just tell me where we should stop if you dont feel uncomfortable."

GEEZ. What a reason. I said it inside my heart. 

"Nam Hwa Village. Drop me there." And by that, he drives his car to my house. I feel so weird OMG. You know that I am bit angry but look at me now.. I cant believe an actor driving me home. Today is veryyyy weird. 

"Why did you lie?" I asked and broke the silence after 20 minutes driving.

"Lie?" He asked.

"Yes. Why did you lie when Hae Yeon ask what happened-"

"Mwo? I don't lie. You said it yourself that it is nothing." WhAT?! I tried to rewind the conversation and yeaaa I said that but I mean why didnt he say anythinggg.

"I was just worry." 

I turned my head to look at him. AND OFCOURSE- YES PEOPLE. He's still handsome even after make me angry I mean- no matter how angry I am his face doesnt change and he's PARK SEO JOON, you know. 

"Worry?"

"Yea. I just dont wanna let their meeting ruined just because of telling them that. They will feel sorry for causing the accident happened- I guess." 

Okay. Reason accepted. 

Now that I have nothing to talk about, I turned silent again. I just looking at the Seoul Night Road. Suddenly, It is outside my house now.

I remove my seat belt. 

"Now that I doubt if I should say thank you or not." I said.

"Ne? Well you should say thank you if you feel thankful but nevermind if you dont say it."

"Ck. Arrasseo."

"Mwo!?" He asked.

I look at him annoyedly. "Thanks." Said it coldly. As I grab the car door and head out of this stupid car

and

DAAAGG

"OUCH!!! IT HURTS!!" I screamed. 

NOW MY HEAD HIT THE UPPER CAR WHILE HEADING OUT FROM INSIDE. I rubbed my head as silently cursing. 

I look at Park Seo Joon inside his car. And jusstt juussstt run away to my house. THIS DAY IS SO WEIRD AND SO FOOLISHHH. ARRGHHHH. 

___________

Park Seo Joon look at the woman run inside her house, running away carelessly and stupidly cursing and angry. 

He started to laugh softly. "Kekekekekek~ Mwoya.." He cant help but laugh some second longer.