final

My Perfect Date

"My idea of a perfect date," I started. Donghae's face scrunched in confusion. I smiled slightly.

"As I said, my idea of a perfect date includes watching the sunrise as we sat on a chair on a hill or a cliff. I sip on my hot choco as your arms wrap around my shoulders while you drink your hot caramel machiatto. When the sun hits our arms and we feel the burn of its heat, we get up and go back to our hotel room. After freshening up, we tour around the city. We eat at the most famous restaurant there and order its most famous dish. Then by sunset, we sit side by side on the beach, feeling the fine sands beneath us. We will and eat our ice creams as we watch the sunset. By the time the darkness dawn upon us, we sat back on the hill or cliff we were on in the morning. We setup our tent and sit on our chairs. We end our night gazing at the stars above us," I narrated. 

Donghae has his head on his palms. His pupils are dilated and his smile, oh his smile. He has that crooked smile that I love so much. I can feel my face heating up. We have been together for years. And when I say years, it's a very, very long time. But I still feel all the feels like the first time. Maybe this is what it should really be when you've found your true, your right love.

I playfully slapped his face and pinched it. I scrunched my face cutely and Donghae smiled wider. And cuter. I love this man so much, isn't it obvious? Anyway, our orders came. We have wine, salads, pork and chicken. Oh, and chocolate cake for dessert. We talked about the days we were not together. We caught up on each other's stories. We laughed at funny ones and show sympathy on sad ones. We get angry on angering issues, as well. I always love how we spend our time together. It just gets sad when it's time to say goodbye.

When we were eating our chocolate cakes, Donghae cried out in pain. I stood immediately and went beside him to ask what was wrong. He cried and kneeled in pain. I didn't know what I should do. I got my mobile phone and was about to call 911 when he held my hand. It seemed like he was not in pain anymore.

"Lee Hyukjae, I do not want to say goodbye anymore. I want you to be there when I wake up. I want you to be there beside me when I sleep. I do not want to end our date nights going on opposite directions. I want you here with me always. So, will you move in with me? Will you marry me?" I cried. Instead of answering with words, I nodded my head and kissed him on the lips. Oh god, if I'm not gonna marry this guy, I will be damned. So I nodded my head again and again. He put the ring on my finger. I gave him a peck on the lips and rubbed his cheeks with my thumbs.

"Was this in your mouth?" I asked, laughing. He nodded and grinned. I kissed him everywhere on his face. He laughed. He gets tickled when I do that. Always. 

"I love you Hae."

"I love you more Hyuk. Move in tonight?" he asked. I chuckled.

"Tomorrow baby. I have to pack my things, right?" I replied, "And I have to boast this humongous diamond ring to my parents first," I added. Donghae chuckled.