Final

Doctor Renjun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Huang Renjun went to Korea to pursue his dream to become a surgeon, even his parents against it. He got an offer to continue his study at Jeju National University Hospital. The first time he shows the letter to his parents, they avoid talking about it, and Renjun knows it well. They don’t want him to go. Being a hard headed he is, he went to his room, book a flight ticket by himself.

 

On the day of his flight, he went out from his house, along with his luggage and a backpack. Before he departs, he went to his parent room and knock on the door.

“Ma, dad..” he called.

Silence.

“I’m sorry..” he said, holding back his tears, “I really want to become a surgeon, that’s my dream since I’m a kid.” He smiles, even his parents couldn’t see it and shedding some tears, “I hope you understand,” he continued.

He heard rustling sound inside the room. His parents listen to him, every word he said, they heard everything but ego dominating, they locked themselves in the room.

“Goodbye ma, goodbye dad.” He broke into tears, “Till we meet again.” He looks at the door for the last time and walk away.

 

He takes the taxi to the airport. Upon arriving, he pulls his luggage into the departing hall for the inspection. He looks at the entrance door, hoping that his parents would come but it’s impossible. His parents might hate him now. He walks to the gate, smiling sadly.

Suddenly, “Injunnie!” Someone called out his name. He knows that voice. He knows it very well. He turns his back and saw his parents, standing not so far from him. He was beyond speechless.

He can see the swollen eyes of his mother from crying too much and how much they gasp for air. They must be running so hard to catch up with him. She opens her arms, with a motherly smile. Renjun runs into her embrace, hugging her tight. His cheeks were damp with tears.

“I’m…so..sorry ma. I’m..re…really sorry.” He said, hiccupping. Mrs. Huang shakes her head.

“No dear,” she wipes his tears, “we are the one should be sorry. You are our only child, that’s why we don’t want you to accept that offer. But that’s a very selfish decision we make since it’s your dream. We are sorry for not trying to understand you.” She said, smiling sweetly while a drop of tears rolling down on her cheek.

“Yes Junnie. We are sorry.” Mr. Huang smiles and ruffle his hair.

“Attention please. Passengers for flight 737 to Jeju are kindly to proceed to the gate for immediate boarding. Thank you.”

“Son, you need to go now. They are calling.” Mr. Huang said, motion his head to the gate. Renjun nod his head.

“If you need anything, just call us. Even if your allowance not enough, just tell us okay dear? Ma love you so much.” Mrs. Huang said, reminding him and kiss his forehead. He hugs his parents and went to the gate. He turns around for the last time, smiling widely and wave at his parents. He inhales deeply, hoping that everything will be alright.

 

~~

 

It’s been 4 years since he arrived at the university. The first time he came, he didn’t find any trouble on communicating since he already learn some basic Korean language. Life in Korea has been easy, for the time being. What he didn’t know that, fate will bring him to someone, someone that he will love so dearly, someone that he devoted his life for him.

 

It’s time for Renjun checking on the patient that he was assigned for, so he went to the ward on the next building, wearing his white coat and bring the patient’s data. While he’s walking along the corridor, he saw someone sitting down on the bench provided, wearing white shirt with a brown jacket. He looks at Renjun, smiling a little. Renjun just smiles back and walk pass by him.

 

Finally, it’s lunch time. Renjun decides to go to the café nearby the university. He closed the files which is filled with the data of his patients, then going out while wearing his white coat. Just in case, if there’s an emergency. He didn’t feel like to eat anything heavy, so he buys ice mocha with chocolate-strawberry waffle. He chose to sit outside, enjoying the view since it’s a spring. Then, someone came to his table.

“May I sit here?” He asks. Renjun looks at him, examining his face. He looks somewhat familiar.

He chuckles, “We met this morning or more to pass by each other.” He said.

“Ahh! Yes, I remember now,” he smiles, “come and sit.” He offered. The man pulls the chair and sit across Renjun.

 

His name is Zhong Chenle. He said he always saw Renjun going here and there, treating the patients with love and care. Renjun was surprised at first because he never knows that people would notice him since he’s not that famous. Chenle always came to the hospital to look after his late father. The first time he saw Renjun was not at the corridor, but during recreational hour, when the patients will go outside to take a fresh air.

 

He was sitting at the gazebo with his late father when he saw Renjun talking with one of his patients. Renjun was asking the patients how his day and cheer him up. Even after his father died, he still went to the hospital to see him, but just from a far. It’s been 3 months and only now, he has the courage to talk to Renjun.

 

~~

 

It’s been 5 months since he met Chenle. Starting from the first meeting, they have exchanged numbers and contact with each other. Until one day, Chenle confessed his feelings to Renjun. He has been liking Renjun since the first time he lays his eyes on him and lucks on Chenle side, Renjun also likes him. Since then, they will going out for a date whenever they have free time since Renjun’s works no matter the time.

 

But, there’s a problem. Every time they went out, Renjun would be left alone whenever Chenle got calls from someone. On their official first date, they went to the Namsan tower to watch the view from above. While Renjun using the binocular to see the view, Chenle silently left without telling him. By the time Renjun looks to his side, he’s already gone. He tried to find him but to no avail. He went home, feeling sad and betrayed.

 

Chenle texts him, saying that he is sorry for leaving him alone. He got an emergency calls and forgot to tell Renjun. Since he is a soft person, he forgave Chenle. The next day, after Renjun’s work, Chenle brings him to a famous café around the Jeju, which he rents the entire café just for them. Chenle plays the piano, singing a love song for Renjun. He smiles lovingly while looking at Chenle. That time, all his anger towards Chenle gone.

 

The second time of their date, Renjun asks Chenle to eat at the seafood restaurant since he’s craving to eat crab grills. It’s raining day so they shared the umbrella that Chenle hold. On the way to the restaurant, Chenle got a message. He says sorry, passing the umbrella to Renjun and left hurriedly, leaving Renjun alone. Sighing, he went home, feeling disapp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter