(11)

cross my heart, and hope to die
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(11)

While Jiyong likes to think of himself as a nice person, he's also aware enough to know that he's vindictive, and isn't particularly inclined to be kind towards anyone who's offended him.

It's a well-hidden secret, or maybe just an unspoken-truth. 

Over the years, he likes to think he's mellowed down a little. God forbid anyone say he's become more high-strung. Jiyong wouldn't be able to stomach it.

That's why when Youngbae bulldozes his way through his security with a bag of ice cream and gimbap and presses his doorbell until Jiyong wakes up at 5AM in the morning, Jiyong doesn't kick him out.

No matter how much Youngbae should know better than to wake him up before the sun is up on his rare free days.

Youngbae flashes him earnest eyes through the security cameras and Jiyong does not have to will to ignore him. Jiyong sighs.

It takes two cups of cold brew coffee and breakfast-plus-dessert before Youngbae starts talking, and by then, Jiyong wonders if he should've just went back to sleep. 

"It's been a rough year," Youngbae says, and he takes a moment to bite down on his pineapple popsicle like the heathen he is. "Considering everything's that happened... YG thinks it might be good if we go on hiatus for awhile, maybe even start thinking about what comes after."

There's a long, awkward silence as Youngbae his lips and fidgets, avoiding Jiyong's eyes. Jiyong breathes in slowly and he bites dow

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter