notes

I'm Sorry About Forever

So! Honestly I'm really worried to hear that Infinite's contracts are expiring. I'm not really sure how the whole situation is gonna go, considering 4/6 of them are currently doing their military service, but I'm still worried about whether there's a future for the group for a number of reasons.

1. They've been around for a long time. Even they, themselves, have admitted that their fanbase has gotten smaller in recent years. That's not to say that their fanbase is small in any way (it's still huge, judging by Woohyun's solo concert attendance. His new hair colour looks amazing on him imo), but it's definitely past its prime with so many other groups competing for fangirls' hearts and all the silly fanwars and "you can only like one group or you're a fake fan >:(" people.

2. They've been really inactive as a group in recent years. This makes sense because their popularity has gone down quite a bit from what it once was, and the fact that Woollim has new groups to promote. Also, I wonder whether the fact that Woollim is under SM has anything to do with it... Because, after all, they are competition to SM artists.

3. They've all proven themselves to be more than worthy in their solo activities. And I'm proud of that. But still, it makes me sad because it's just another reason they could part ways. All of my overthinking and considering this ended up in the story when I was writing their ficitional "future plans."

In the end, I'm gonna support them in whatever they do. Yes, I'll be really devastated if anything happens to Infinite, but I'm glad that they're all growing and pursuing their best interests. But who knows, maybe they'll decide that they want to go for the gold and make it to #10YearsWithInfinite

If you've read this whole thing, thanks for sticking with me. I hope you enjoyed this fic and feel free to share your thoughts in the comments. :)