Final.

How I Met My Soulmate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

unbetaed, so please excuse any mistakes.

 

 

It’s the last bus of the night. Sehun glances at his watch and frowns. It’s ten minutes late. If this bus doesn’t come, he’ll have to walk home, which isn’t the most pleasant situation considering it takes about an hour to get there by bus. Who knows how long it’ll take to walk. It’s all Kris’s fault. He wouldn’t have to be here waiting for this damn bus in the middle of the night if the elder didn’t make him clean up all that vomit in the restroom. 

He huffs a sigh of relief upon seeing the familiar shining headlights heading toward him. The driver doesn’t even acknowledge Sehun as he steps on and pays the fare. Not even bothering to go all the way to the back like he usually does, Sehun plops down on the first empty seat he encounters. He sets his backpack on the empty seat next to him and grimaces in disgust when he gets a whiff of the whiskey Minseok spilt on it earlier. Great. 

There’s only four people on the bus, including himself. He wonders why they’re even here so late, then again they can ask him the same. One of them is a middle aged man dressed in a wrinkly off-white dress shirt, the first few buttons are undone and his tie is hanging loosely around his neck. The man’s face is pressed up against the window as he snores a bit too loudly for a public space. Fortunately the man is in the very back, so the snores aren’t too bothersome. Seems like someone had a rough night, Sehun thinks. 

The second person is an older woman, most likely in her late sixties, sitting about ten seats away on the opposite side of the bus.  She looks like an eccentric literature teacher straight out of a children’s movie, big round glasses, bold print dress, and long grey hair. Upon further examination, Sehun notices the little perfectly white poodle resting in her lap. She notices him looking her way and offers him a warm, kind smile. 

Sehun returns with a small smile of his own before looking away, not wanting to look creepier than he already does. The last person is a boy sitting in the seat right across from him. Well not a boy, but a young man. He looks no older than Sehun. His pink locks fall just above his droopy eyes and his pink bow lips are pulled into a concentrated frown. Sehun eyes him curiously and takes note of the way the other’s leg is bouncing furiously. What’s up with him?

The boy finally looks up, giving Sehun a chance to get a better look at his face. It’s when their eyes finally meet do they hear it. 

‘Wow, what a cute guy.'

‘I’m about to ing piss my ing pants.’

Immediately, both their eyes go wide as they recoil in shock. The boy speaks first. “Did we just-” 

Sehun slowly nods before the other can finish his question, his mouth still agape. Holy . This means that- No, no. It can’t be. He’s only twenty one. He still shares an apartment with some guy he found on Craigslist. Just the other night he was heating up frozen corn dogs with a lighter. He’s not ready for a soulmate. None of his friends have even met theirs yet. And besides, is this usually how soulmates’ first meetings are supposed to go? He always thought it was supposed to be cute and romantic. Something along the lines of how they’ve just fallen in love at first sight. Not about how they’re about to piss their pants. 

He looks back

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter