Promise me

Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tzuyu stood in the middle of an empty white room. The room seemed to have no end, the white stretching as far as she could see. All of a sudden, a soft whispering voice engulfed the room. “Chou Tzuyu. Chou Tzuyu.” It repeated, adding an eerie sensation around said girl.

 

Tzuyu stepped forward, the floor rippling as if she were walking on water. Tzuyu hesitated to take another step, afraid she would be into the floor. She knew very well this was a dream, but at this point she was completely immersed. She bent down to touch the floor. As her finger made contact with the ground, the floor rippled once more. This time, however, was different.

 

As the ripples disappeared in the horizon, the room illuminated. The flash grew so bright that she had to cover her eyes to dim the light. Slowly, Tzuyu noticed the light change. It was no longer the blinding rays of white, but instead a gentle mint green.

 

Uncovering her eyes, Tzuyu let out a small gasp as tears filled her eyes. Why was she here out of all places?

 

The last place they shared the spotlight was here; the Mall of Asia Arena.

 

Tzuyu stood there. They both did.

 

The dreaming girl stood behind rows upon rows of empty seats.

 

Tzuyu stood behind the empty chairs, the entire arena glowing from floating CandyBongZs; all in her colour.

 

And there she stood.

 

On the stage.

 

By herself.

 

Trembling.

 

“Chou Tzuyu!” She called, her voice shaking as it echoed throughout the stadium. The call repeated. She continued to call and call, but Tzuyu couldn't move.

 

No matter how much she wanted to run to her. No matter how much she wanted to embrace her. No matter how much she wanted to calm her beloved unnie, her feet would not let her move.

 

“Why me unnie!?” She called out to the girl on the stage. “I can't help! I’m not strong like Jihyo-unnie! I’m not bold like Nayeon-unnie! I’m not even as free-minded as Chaeng!”

 

Tzuyu let her tears fall down. She cared so much for her unnie. She would do anything to help, but how could she possibly do that?

 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter