Someone You Loved

Not In This Lifetime

 

[BREAKING] EXO’S Park Chanyeol involved in a Major Car Accident

 

[BREAKING] EXO’s Chanyeol in Critical Condition, Still on Observation

 

[BREAKING] EXO’s Park Chanyeol Passes Away after Major Accident

 

 

Tears stream down my face, what just happened? I can’t breathe properly and I feel like puking. No.. people shouldn’t be joking about these things. He was just laughing with me a while ago. Are you saying he’s.. gone? I cry even harder as I hug my knees. No... I can’t lose you now, not today, never. This can’t be real.

 

I open my phone to dial his number, it cannot be reached. A message from his manager pops out, after bombarding him with texts. “It’s true, Hyejin. He’s gone.” He follows, “This wasn’t what he wanted to gift you for your birthday.” “I’m sorry.”

 

No one understands the pain, I feel like shouting. Chanyeol-ah. Yeobo.. People don’t know how hard it is to lose the person that means the most to you, and in the blink of an eye, I lost him. No one may believe me, but out of all the fans that cared for him, I was the most affected, because I was the one he loved. No, this is not I being delusional; how could I move on, losing my better half? How will I live now?

 

No one knew I was dating Chanyeol, only a few of my best friends, and my little sister, Ayu. People would skin me alive if they knew. On the other hand, the whole company knows whom I am, and they don’t take us seriously. When Chanyeol told his bandmates about us, he was reprimanded and his phone was confiscated for days, so I knew they didn’t like me. He comforted me in ways, “They’re just trying to protect us, yeobo. They don’t want any scandal coming out.” And so I believed him. I always did. For me, Chanyeol is my rock; he’s the one I depend on the times I can’t even help myself. He’s been always a one-call-away, despite his busy work schedule and he has always moved mountains for me. He was the one who held my hand when mom died eight months ago, and he was the one who made me laugh every time Ayu and I fought over petty things. I don’t know how I would live without him in my life.

 

-

 

How I met Chanyeol would be just like any fan’s dream – it was surreal.It was September four years ago, when I first met him and their group, there was this fan meeting at Gangnam, and I have just started being their fan. I was wearing a pink sleeveless dress my brown leather backpack and a pair of boots; on my hand was a paper bag with a painting of him. I plan on giving it to him, included inside is a letter; I may not draw best among the fans, but I hope he appreciates it. Only a hundred fans were allowed to enter the venue, and I was the luckiest that day.

 

“Next! Keep your lines straight! No pushing.” I could hear the manager stress out to the fans. I was still third on the line, but I can’t breathe properly. I can see his curly hair from where I stood and I could already hear his laugh. He was playing rock-paper-scissors with the fans.

 

“Miss, you’re next.” A tap on my shoulder woke me up, not realizing I was staring at Chanyeol.

 

I walk hastily, almost falling to my knees, Suho was first on the line, he was holding his hands up, I gave him high-fives and bowed shyly.

 

Kyungsoo was up next, he held his hands up and so I did. Shock spread from his face when his hands touch mine. He held them tight, as if rubbing the back of my hands. They were freezing, but in this moment, I didn’t mind, Chanyeol was next.

 

Getting ready with my present, I walk to Chanyeol, he was smiling widely, his eyes looking intently at me. My mind out, my head is spinning— he’s—Goddamn handsome. I’m dizzy—I.

 

The next thing I know I wake up at the made-up tent behind the venue. My head is aching hard. I was wrapped with two blankets and two black jackets. I can hear voices from the tent beside mine, the voices getting louder as they speak.

 

“Way to make a scene, ‘yeol, You made a fan faint!” It was Suho’s voice, they were laughing.

 

I could hear Chanyeol scoff, “It’s not my fault I’m that good looking!” I close my eyes, as I see them enter my tent. I hear footsteps come near me.

 

“But if my fan is this pretty, she could fall for me anytime.” Chanyeol says. I accidentally cough.

 

“I think she’s awake, dummy.”

 

I pretend to wake up; I wasn’t supposed to hear that, I can already feel my cheeks rush red. As soon as my eyes open, I see Chanyeol’s face lean towards mine, “You really made an impression, miss. Medics said you were really cold, ever heard of hypothermia?” He laughs. “Who even wears short dresses when it’s about to snow?”

 

The event just finished, it looks like they’re packing up. Chanyeol was with the leader.

 

He grabs two seats and they sit beside me, I can’t talk.

 

“You really shocked me there, it was my first time to be actually worried for our fan. Are you still cold?” His face shifts, worrying. He suddenly holds my hand, more heat rushes to my cheeks.

 

“Yah, Chanyeol. You can’t just hold someone’s hand. She’s blushing.” Suho teases, swatting his hand away.

 

“Hi.” He suddenly smiles cockily. “Can I hold your hand to give you warmth?”

 

I nod. Chanyeol wants to hold my hand?

 

And he wraps my hands on his, blowing them heat.

 

“Nice to meet you, Hyejin. I saw your painting, it was beautiful.”

 

“But you are more.” He adds, “You really caught my attention.”

 

Suho suddenly laughs loud, “Chanyeol, you’re such a flirt. I’m going to leave you two alone. Behave!”

 

And that’s how my dream turned into reality. He gave me his jacket that day, telling me he was worried I’d faint again on the way home. Someone slap me, I am really the luckiest.

 

“Take care, Hyejin. I hope I see you again next fan meeting.” He bid me goodbye, while he held the brown paper bag on his right hand.

 

I think I’m inlove.

 

That night, Chanyeol messaged me on kakao (I wrote my username on my letter), “I hung your painting on our room! - C”

 

“I’m glad you liked it.” I quickly send. He has seen in immediately, and then he typed.

 

“I think.. I like you.” That night, I couldn’t sleep. How could today be so lucky?

 

-

 

I knew how much he fought for our relationship; it must have been tiring for him — as we were the Romeo and Juliet of SM Entertainment. The company had taunted him that they’d release fake scandals just to keep us apart, but he never left; I knew his heart never faltered.

 

“What’s this Chanyeol?” I ask him as he passes me a small black box. We were inside of his car; three months after we started going out.

 

“Open it.” He smiled cheekily. We could only do secret dates for now, he’d pick me up at the university and we’d drive around our town. Sometimes we’d go to dates at parks, but it was risky. The company had agreed to let him keep our relationship as long as we don’t get caught.

 

I open the present, it was a moonstone necklace, with a white shiny pendant; “What’s this for, ‘yeol? It’s not my birthday!” I smile. It was beautiful.

 

“Just because.” He shrugs. “I know dating me is tough, and I know you just want to date normal. I’m sorry we have to meet this way.”

 

“I know you want us to date in private, and you have the option to leave me, but I really really like you, and I’d do anything to protect you. I promise no article would come out, and no fan would hurt you.”

 

“It’s okay.” I cup his face, I understand, “Getting to spend time with you is already enough for me.”

 

With tears forming in his eyes, “I really like you, Hyejin. Will you be my girlfriend?”

 

I smile wide, “Yes.” And we share our first kiss.

 

-

 

The wake was set to public the next day, but I can’t wait any longer. Reports are all over the news, I need to see him, I need to hug him again, I need to kiss him again, I need to talk to him again, I just need him, today out of all days.

 

Wearing his jacket, I went, hoping, I’d see his smile, one more time.

 

It was raining; the sky was trying to cry with me. The whole kpop community is mourning, and I am the most devastated. Chanyeol’s whole family was there, a few of his friends, and tight security. They wouldn’t let anyone in. “Name please.”

 

“H-hyejin Lee.” I whisper. My eyes are red from all the tears I cried on the way.

 

“I’m sorry madam, you are not on the list of immediate family, for public viewing, you could come back tomorrow.” I sigh in defeat; I already expected this would happen. I figured I couldn’t get pass the guards, “Is Manager Cho here, can I just speak to him for a while?” They call him from the inside, and minutes later he comes out.

 

Shock fills his eyes, not expecting to see me there, “Ah, Hyejin, you can’t come inside right now. The media will see you.” He says in hushed tones.

 

“Please give me 5 minutes with him, oppa.” I know they just don’t want me to make a scene, and I promise I wouldn’t. I just need to see him today.

 

“You can come back tomorrow, when the public can come visit.”

 

“I need to see him now, oppa. I—, please.” Tears fall from my eyes. Chanyeol-ah.

 

He gives out a long sigh. “Come with me, I’m going to give you five minutes and keep your cries hushed. This is the most I could to today.” I nod, wiping the tears from my eyes.

 

We enter the venue; I could hear the cries of his family, his photo at the middle of the room. I stand at the back, crying silently as I watched his mother hug the picture. Everything feels untrue, of all my wishes today, I hope this was all a dream.

 

 

“Come on, let me drive you home.” Manager Cho pats my back. I don’t want to leave him. I froze on my seat.

 

“You need to rest, he wouldn’t like that you’re not taking care of yourself.” He slowly pulled me up, and escorted me to his car.

 

“Chanyeol really loves you.” He tells me on our way home.

 

“I know, oppa. I love him so much.”

 

"He always went out his way to fight us managers so that he'd be able to skip practice to be with you. Whenever he's overseas he always makes it a point that he buys you a keychain from that country. He refused to be partnered to anyone because he knows you'd get mad."

 

"He does everything for me." I cry even harder, Chanyeol, I miss you already.

"I don't know how to live a day without him." I add.

 

Manager Cho stays silent and he lets me cry on the way home as he listened. He was one of the managers that I got close with, he'd usually sneak on our dates, keeping an eye on Chanyeol, and in some days that we'd catch him, we invite him over.

 

 

 

Today, I sleep with a heavy heart, my pillow is drenched, Ayu is hugging me from behind as she tried to calm me to sleep. No words Chanyeol, this is the worst birthday present you gave me, and if I could make a wish, I’d only hope to spend one more day with you. I hold the necklace he gave me; kiss it one last time, before I succumb to sleep.

 

 

“Unnie! Wake up!” My whole bed is shaking, as I hear Ayu’s high-pitched voice.

 

I throw her a pillow, “What? Can’t you see I’m sleeping!” I growl.

 

“Today is your birthday! We should celebrate!” She pulls my blanket away.

 

My eyes open wide.

 

My birthday? How could it be? The worst day of my life, “my birthday” was yesterday— I check my phone and today’s date blinks.

 

My phone suddenly rings at cue.

 

 

“Park Chanyeol❤” blinks at my screen; I stare at it for three seconds, not realizing my my jaw had already dropped. With hands shaking, I answer it, “H-hello?”

 

“Jagiya~!” I hear his deep voice. My eyes start to water. Chanyeol-ah, I miss you. You’re alive?

 

“Happy birthday, my love.” I cry. I couldn’t help it.

 

He panics, “Why are you crying?” He asks. Is this even real?

 

“I just can’t believe what’s happening, Yeobo.” I cry harder.

 

“What’s happening? I’m on my way there love. Wait for me there, okay? We’re going to spend today and make it your best birthday ever.”

 

“But it’s already the best day as long as I am with you.” I sigh.

 

He laughs, and tells me, “I know.” And we said our goodbyes. Chanyeol has practice in the morning so he said he’d be coming over after lunch. (We're having late lunch, and I'm already starving) I pack two sandwiches for us so that we get to eat on the road if we get hungry.

 

 

And just like what he said, Chanyeol picked me up at home. I was wearing a floral dress, remembering to bring a jacket with me, and my orange sandals, I was wearing my favorite necklace as well. Chanyeol on the other hand was wearing a blue buttoned down polo and white shorts. He was also wearing a black cap, trying to hide his face, but his brown curls still showing at the sides. He can't be seen on a date in public, so his cap was always our go-to. 

 

I will cherish everything today.

 

I give him a peck on the cheek, he motions me to take the sunflower in his hand. "Thank you." “Where are we going, my love?” I ask him.

 

Hmmm, He thinks, “Let’s have lunch first, and then let’s get milk tea? How does that sound?” I grin.
 

Fabulous. My three favorite things: food, milk tea and Chanyeol. This is the best birthday yet. Being beside him, hearing his laugh, and watching him talk, Chanyeol, you are already enough. We walk hand in hand to his dark-tinted car.

 

Chanyeol brings me to our favorite restaurant cafe; the place where we had our first date; funny how it seems yesterday. He orders a Chicken Pasta while I order my Pesto, the usual.

 

"Love? Remember when we had our first date here?" I chuckle. 

 

He laughs, "I do." He shakes his head, "It was the first and last mistake I did." I shuffle my bag to get the polaroid photo of that day, it was a photo of him.

 

"Just look at what you're wearing!" I laugh loud. He was wearing a black jacket, black pants, a black beanie, and dark shades. He rolls his eyes.


"I know! I didn't know how to date in private then. But the seniors taught me how." He smugs. Usually, when celebrities date, they look for secluded places, and book the whole restaurant for themselves, and that's what we did right now.

 

“You didn't have to book the whole place, oppa. We could have ate at the car." 

 

"Then that doesn't count as special, my love. And besides, this is just one of the many restaurants we'll book for your birthdays to come. We have our whole life together." He smiles. 

 

"You, Me." He adds.

 

"And EXO-L" I add. He laughs loud.

 

Our food came just right on time, we enjoyed laughing as Chanyeol told stories about his group members and I shared stories about work, as well. It's nice to have an Idol as your boyfriend, it may have its pros and cons, but Chanyeol's wide smile makes it all worthwhile. 

 

 

-

 

I come back from the milktea shop when I hear Chanyeol raise his voice on the phone; we were on our way to buy our drinks when his manager called. He was furious that Chanyeol didn't attend the afternoon practice.

 

"I don't care!" He shouts, and I get shocked a little, I silently pull him to the car, so that he wouldn't attract attention. I turn the car on and mouth him to get in. I bring the drinks in hand and take my seat at the passenger's. I wait quietly, not moving an inch.

 

"You know what? I don't care if the press sees me or not; if they release photos tomorrow, I don't care right now. I've already talked to my members yesterday, and I told them that whatever happens, I'm going to take responsibility."

 

"I'm not forgetting my role as an Idol. Yes, manager. Yes."

 

"We are careful. Trust me, hyung." 

 

"Please." The call drops. He gives out a deep loud sigh. Silence fills the car. I really would like to drink my boba now.

 

 

Chanyeol faces me, "I'm sorry Jagi. Ever since the Kai-Jennie incident, they've been really strict." His mood is now down, he pouts. I smile and give him a quick kiss. "I love you." I hug him. He returns the hug and kisses my cheek, "I really really love you." He kisses me again. "Everything's going to be okay. Can we drink our boba tea now?" I let go of the hug. He laughs, and my old Chanyeol is back. He's back to being the jolly person he is, sad or happy, I just wish he never leaves.

 

He starts chewing on his boba pearls as he drives, "Today is your special day, so I came prepared. Madam, can you please wear your blindfold that could be found at the side pocket.” My heart started beating, it was nearing six in the evening, five minutes until the reported time of the accident was about to happen. Will Chanyeol leave me again?

 

“C-chanyeol-ah, can we skip the blindfold?” My stomach dropped.

 

“But you have to!” He huffs. He looks at me quickly, showing his "mad" face.

 

“Can we go somewhere else, love? I think I’d want to go to the beach.” I know his initial surprise, we were supposed to go to Namsan tower, that’s where the accident happened. Reports said he was on the way to the tower.

 

He pretends to be upset. “But I had plans, love.” I know, Yeobo.

 

I cross my arms, copying him being upset, “But it’s MY birthday.” He then laughs.

 

“Okay, your majesty, let’s go to the beach.” He then makes a U-Turn and I sigh in relief. Maybe if we avoid the place, he wouldn’t have to leave me.

 

On the road to the beach, I turn the radio on, by this time, thoughts swirl on my head. Coincidently, flash news open up after one song. “Breaking news! A bus has slipped and crashed on two SUVs at Sowol Road. Casualties reported and are currently getting accounted for. Heavy traffic reported.” There it is. We're safe.

 

I swallow. The accident happened, and Chanyeol is still alive, beside me, holding my hand. 

 

“Love? You must be psychic.” He shakes my hand, chuckles. “Huh?” I zone back.

 

“I wanted to bring you to Namsan tower, but you wanted to go to the beach. Good thing we avoided the accident.”

 

I pull his hand to my chest, and then kiss it, “I love you.”

 

We decide to go to Daecheon beach, almost a three hour drive from Seoul, he can’t be seen out in public so we opted for somewhere far. We’re both used to having dates in his car so a three-hour-drive is no sweat.

 

We arrive by nine in the evening, I want to spend the night here, but Chanyeol has work tomorrow, so we spend the night by the beach instead.

 

“Today is my best birthday ever, Yeobo.” I hug him tightly. I was seated on a makeshift mat; Chanyeol was lying on my legs. I memorize his face, his eyes, his smile, while I play with his hair.

 

“I’m glad you’re happy, Jagiya. I just want to make your day special.”

 

“I don’t want to lose you.” Tears start forming in my eyes, I wish today wouldn’t end, he wouldn’t leave me anymore, right? We avoided the accident.

 

He suddenly sits up. “I thank God everyday for giving me another day with you.” He starts looking for something from his pocket.

 

“If I could spend another day, another lifetime, I’d always want to spend it with you, my love. Will you come with me and marry me?”

 

It was a red box, he opened it, it was a small diamond ring, by this time, I couldn’t hold my tears. “Yes, and forever yes, I will.”

We ended up just lying beside each other, with him holding me in his arms. This is the perfect end of this day. All I remember before falling asleep under the stars was his words, “I will never leave you.”

 

I will be with you again, love.

-

 

 

“C-Chanyeol..” A whimper came out from Hyejin.

 

Alarms started going on, the machines attached to her were nowhere near silent.

 

And before any doctor could save her, she took her last breath.

 

 

-

 

 

[BREAKING] EXO’s Park Chanyeol Passes Away after Major Accident (Updated) Rumored girlfriend Passes Away

 

August 19— Today, EXO’s Rapper got involved in a major car accident with two more vehicles and one bus. As reported by the Incheon Police, the bus was speeding at 120 km per hour when it suddenly hit two vehicles waiting at the stoplight. The bus driver has claimed that the bus lost control of the vehicle’s brakes. CCTVs report that Chanyeol was driving at the speed of 100 km per hour when he came across the bus, trying to avoid the accident; he tried to swerve the car to avoid hitting the initial accident but crashed into the bridge instead.

 

8 deaths have been counted as of 8 p.m. today, including singer and idol Park Chanyeol who was found dead on the spot, investigations report he had suffered a head concussion and had broken his ribs from the trauma. Two more passengers were rushed to the hospital, and currently in critical condition.

 

 

[UPDATED] Rumored girlfriend of Park Chanyeol, Lee Hyejin, was rushed to the hospital after incurringseveral concussions, has been confirmed dead a day after the major crash. Yesterday, it was reported that singer-artist Park Chanyeol had passed away due to a major car crash; reports say he was with Miss Lee Hyejin, rumored girlfriend of four years of the artist. Sources say that they had just been out for a date today, with Chanyeol supposedly to propose to the longtime girlfriend when the accident rose. SM Entertainment has been silent about the rumors of their relationship, neither confirming or denying, “Respect that the company and families are currently mourning”.

 

After losing a lot of blood, Lee Hyejin fell into coma and was awaiting her surgery supposedly scheduled today. Today, August 20, the hospital has confirmed that she fell asleep in her coma and her heart just stopped beating, peacefully, as if she slept her way. Investigations are still ongoing.

 

 

---