Final.

Dream or Fate?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sakura is a pro gamer from Japan, a very talented and powerful when it comes to the games. Her gaming skills are too good and she knows it too. She always used her free times by playing games rather than going outside with her friends.

Sometimes her friends need to force her out from the house using various way including threaten to throw away her games or destroyed her internet cable. 

This two reasons only can manage to make Sakura move her from her gaming chair since what’s life without games and internet right? Without the internet, she can’t play games. She’s always cursing her friends whenever they threats her using a dirty way (at least to her). 

Sometimes when Sakura being too stubborn, they need to give up and hang out on her house instead. Sakura will entertain them for a while then she will always abandon them for her lovely games. 

They can only shake their head with Sakura’s antics but they know, despite her attitude, Sakura always thankful for having friends whom she considered as a family. Always there through up and down during her life. She just feels a little annoyed when they started to lecture her gaming too much. 

But thanks to them especially Nako who gave her the idea to start her own gaming youtube channel. At first, Sakura against the idea since she’s too lazy to edit her video and she doesn’t think people will watch her videos. She totally against it and stated her other reasons without giving them chances to talk.

But Hitomi managed to stop Sakura from babbling and give her the reasons why she needs to do this or else she will burn her gaming pc. To Sakura horror, she started to listen to their idea and thankfully, it manages to go through into her brainless head. The most reason that she willing to do this because she will gain more money into her bank. A good side income for herself. (Although she’s rich already).

Due to her gaming skills and beauty, her youtube channel getting recognition from all around the world. At first, she is flustered with the support she gets but now, she feels comfortable with the amounts of views she get.

But of course, the more famous she gets the more hates she will get too. She feels down with the hates she received on her comments section but her friends assure her that those people are immature and there’s no need to read their stupid opinion. From that, Sakura learns to ignore those haters but there’s also her knight armor who will always protect her from malicious comment.

Her knight shining armor is one of her subscribers. Her name is Kwangbae based on her username. Sakura found out Kwangbae is a girl based on her display picture despite how “manly” the username is. 

Kwangbae always leaves positive comments, protect her from the haters, give her a fully support whenever she uploads new videos. She always says how pretty Sakura and how cute her reactions whenever she feels annoyed when losing the game.

Day by day, Sakura is interested to know more about Kwangbae and decided to check out the girl’s youtube account. She still remembers how her heart beats fast when she saw one of Kwangbae’s videos. 

Kwangbae real name is Hyewon, which she found out on one of Hyewon’s video. Hyewon runs a youtube channel where she can discover many things about Hyewon's life.

She fell in love with Hyewon already and can't help to fall more deeper when she’s digging more videos of the girl. She also can’t believe that this girl is so talented since her youtube channel is full with traveling, mukbang show (she can eat really a lot), a genius, can sing while playing piano and guitar, also a very good gamer. 

Sakura personally thinks that Hyewon is so funny and can be random based on the videos. She can’t believe that Hyewon’s subscribers are not high enough consider how funny and interesting her videos are. 

Sakura is afraid to subscribe to Hyewon’s youtube channel since she thinks it will make Hyewon freak out and thought that she is some creepy girl. She never replied Hyewon comments since she’s too weak to reply to her knight. So she can only watch Hyewon’s videos while refraining herself from commenting, drooling and liking the videos. Yes, she is coward. Only for Hyewon. 

——————————————————————

 

On a sunny day, Sakura is still in front of the monitor doing a last checked on her edited video to post on her youtube channel. She’s gonna post her latest video and can’t wait for Hyewon’s comments that always success to make butterflies on her stomach. 

While doing her video editing, she’s got a direct message from her youtube account. Usually, she will ignore it because she needs to concentrate on her work but certain familiar username caught her attention.

“Hyewon?!”

Sakura gasps and can’t believe with what she’s seeing on the notification. Sakura’s hands are shaking while using her mouse to check whether it is her knight who sent the dm. 

“Oh my god! It’s her!” 

Sakura’s freak out and quickly saved her edited videos before she turned off her pc. She still in awe and panic, wondering why Hyewon decided to dming her. Hyewon never sent her one before this. 

It took her 2 days to open up her pc again. She braves herself and slaps her face multiple times to check the dm again. 

Sakura can feel her heart beats fast and crushed at the same time when she read the contents that Hyewon’s sent to her. 

 

 

Dear Sakura,

 

You probably didn’t know me and not aware of my presence. My name is Hyewon and I’m from Seoul, South Korea. 

You may not recognize me but I’m one of your subscribers :) I always commenting on your videos btw. I know you didn’t aware since you’ve got tons of comments anyway. There’s no way you will notice my comments.

Besides, there’s something I wanna tell you. 

I...

I love you Miyawaki Sakura. 

I know I never met you at all in real life but believe me, I fell in love deeper with you every time I watched your videos. You always managed makes me feel giddy and smiles like an idiot every time I watched you.

But you will never acknowledge me anyway. I’m just nobody and we’re from a different country. There’s no way you will know my existence in these platforms.

Because of that, I will close my youtube account. I hope someday you will find someone who will treasure you the most (That I can only imagine hehe). I’m sorry I can’t protect you anymore from the haters. I hope there’s someone out there will continue my job. 

Will always cherish your videos forever. Good luck and goodbye. 

I love you so much.

Sincerely,

Hyewon.

——————————————————————

 

It’s been a week and Sakura still mourning about her love life. How unfortunate her crush loves her back but the love of her life didn’t reply at all after the confession.

She must be logged off from her YouTube account. Urghh.

Sakura screams at her pillow and cry. Oh man. She never thought she will be very devastated about love before this. And she never imagined she will love a girl from another country. It’s not her fault she fell in love with her knight. 

“Yahhhh Sakura!”

Sakura flinched when she heard Nako’s scream from her living room. But she’s too sad to answer back. 

“Yahhhhh! Open the damn door!” Nako knocks her door loudly. Sakura stays still on her bed.

“I will count until five. If you don’t open this damn door, I will break it I swear.” Nako threatens. Sakura knew she will up if she didn’t open the door.

“1....2.....3......”

“Sakura....uhhh I think you should open before Nako break your door. I’m trying my best here to calm her down but I don’t think I can anymore.” She heard Hitomi’s warn clearly.

“4........”

“Sakuraaaa!” Hitomi yelled and panic.

“4 and a half........” Nako can’t hear the movement from the other side and she’s made her mind.

“5! Okay that’s it!” Nako is ready to kick the hell out to the door until Sakura open it.

“WHATTTT?!” Sakura glared at both of the girls but they didn’t scare at all.

“It’s been a week and you should go out for a while. You look like a zombie.” Nako spits at Sakura.

“I don’t care.” 

“We care,” Hitomi said and it makes Sakura soft.

“Look. We are worried about you. I know you’re heartbroken right now.” Hitomi continues.

“And please play the games again. It’s so weird and worrisome when you don’t play at all.” Nako softly hugs Sakura who is frozen on the door. Hitomi joins their hug.

Sakura broke down and cried on their embrace. She’s too sad. She’s realized she loves Hyewon more than she imagined and it’s scared her so much. She didn’t know what to do.

Nako and Hitomi keep consoling the crying girl. They’re trying to make Sakura eat again and asked her to hang out with them. It takes a lot of energy to force Sakura out from her cage but they managed it. Sakura didn’t have a choice but to agree with their request.

——————————————————————

 

At the McDonald.

 

“Eat. Don’t play with your food.” Nako said.

“I don’t have an appetite.” 

“At least try to finish half of the burger.” 

Nako pat Sakura’s back. Sakura sighed and continue to eat slowly. 

Hitomi’s phone ringing and she answer it with a big smile on her face. Nako also smiles as she already knew who call Hitomi.

“Hello. Yes yes. We’re here already. Okay. Take care. Bye.” Hitomi ended the call. 

“Who’s that?” Sakura frowns.

“Our friend from Korea. Her name is Chaeyeon. Is it okay if she join us later?” 

Hitomi gave an eye smiles and puff her cheeks to Sakura as her secret weapon because she knows the girl will oppose the idea. Nako laugh and Sakura just rolled her eyes. 

“Fine.” Nako and Hitomi high five after they got permission from Sakura.

“How do you know this Korean girl anyway?” Sakura is curious. 

“Chaeyeon? She often came here before this because of her work. We met through that opportunity and become close.” Hitomi said while biting her burger.

“How do you guys communicate with her since you guys can’t even speak English or Korea?” Sakura mocked both of her friends. 

“Rude.” Nako glared at Sakura.

“You know the answer yet you have the audacity to mocked us!” 

Sakura laugh. “I’m sorry. It’s just fun to make fun of you too.”

Hitomi and Nako pinch Sakura's hands, a little revenge. The short hair girl yelps and pout, caressing her stings hands.

Nako then continue.

“Chaeyeon can speak Japanese well. I and Hiichan are shocked by her pronunciation, it’s good. She sounds like a native.” 

“I see. Then I guess I don’t have to worry to speak to her later.” 

“Yep. Don’t worry. She is friendly and speaks Japanese well.” Hitomi gives a thumbs up.

After 3 minutes of talking, Nako suddenly stands up and greet a familiar person after the girl comes from the entrance.

“Chaeyeon! It’s been a long time.” Nako gives hug to the girl and makes a way to Sakura and Hitomi.

“Hiichan. I miss you.” Chaeyeon hugs Hitomi.

“Me too. It’s nice to see you again.” 

“Hello. I’m Chaeyeon. You must be Sakura. I heard a lot about you from them. Nice to finally meet you.” Chaeyeon beamed and shakes Sakura hand.

“Hi! I’m Sakura. Nice to know you too. Your Japanese is very good.” Sakura in awed with Chaeyeon’s ability.

“I’m still learning.” Chaeyeon takes a sit beside Hitomi opposite from Sakura and Nako.

She looks so familiar though. Did I meet her before? 

But I’m pretty sure this is the first time I’ve ever see her. Why she looks so familiar? 

She just shrugged the thoughts and continue to chat with Chaeyeon. They talked more about themselves and having fun with each other presence, makes Sakura forgot for a while about her heartaches. 

Sakura can’t believe Chaeyeon is an entrepreneur of her own company. She looks so humble and very outgoing in the first place. She met Nako and Hitomi through the meeting that she attends with their company. That’s how they become friends.

“Yabai Chaeyeon. You’re so cool.” Sakura claps her hands, amazed with the girl.

“I’m not.” Chaeyeon rubs her neck, shy with the compliments. Her phone beeps, a notification comes.

“So do you come here this time because of work?” Nako steals Chaeyeon’s fries.

“Nope. I came to visit my friend. She just moves here this week.” 

“Oh? Is she living here? Work?” Sakura asked.

“Her family just open a new branch of their company in here and she volunteered to managed it.” 

“Damn that’s so cool! She must be a very responsible and delicate person. She's really brave!” 

Sakura can’t help but think that girl is cool, willing to left her country just to move here.

Chaeyeon laughs at Sakura’s comments. Nako and Hitomi just smirked with each other.

“By the way, she’s on her way here. Can she join? She just finishes her meetings with her clients around here.” 

“Yeah sure. The more the merrier!” Nako agrees quickly before Sakura can reply. 

Sakura curse Nako inside her head because the shorter girl knows that she didn’t have any energy to know new people. Nako just winked at Sakura and oblivious Chaeyeon seems to give direction to her friend.

“Sure.” Sakura force a smile and sipping her drinks.

“I will go to the ladies. Nako, take care of my phone please.” Sakura gets up and makes her way to the restroom. 

——————————————————————

 

“This McDonald I guess?”

After meeting with her clients, Hyewon calls Chaeyeon to meet her at the restaurant. She feels guilty since she’s quite busy and doesn’t have enough time to spent time with her best friend who comes visit her from Korea.

But she’s surprised that Chaeyeon already outside and having meals with her Japanese friends. She knows Chaeyeon have many friends because of constantly come to Japan. 

Chaeyeon asked Hyewon to join her since Hyewon is in the same area where Chaeyeon’s hangout with her friends. And they can spend time together after meals. So Hyewon decided to meet Chaeyeon at McDonald.

Hyewon makes her way to the entrance and searching for the brunette. It’s easy to locate her friend because of her unique laugh that echoed inside the fast-food restaurant.

“Hey, Chaeyeonieee.” Hyewon patted Chaeyeon’s back and the girl quickly hug her.

“Hi! How’s the meeting going?” 

“As usual, aced it but boring meeting.” Hyewon smiles tiredly and looks to the two girls watching her movement.

“Hello! I’m Hyewon, Chaeyeon’s best friend from diapers.” Hyewon gives a little wave and shakes their hands.

“I’m Nako. And she’s Hitomi.” 

“Hello, Hyewon. Nice to meet you.” Hyewon smile widely.

“Woah. You’re so gorgeous.” Nako and Hitomi can’t stop blinking her eyes with Hyewon’s visual. 

Hyewon gives an aura of girl crush with a flawless hair, a matching khakis blazer and pants together with a white shirt inside. She looks very classy but gives innocent vibes. 

“Ahhh....I’m just an ordinary girl. You two also very pretty.” Hyewon is still shy when people compliment her looks even she heard about it dozens of times. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter