phone calls and regrets

phone calls and regrets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Momo used to like the rain.

 

She used to like how it drowns all the thoughts in her head as the droplets of water continued on making loud noises against her roof. She used to like how calming it was whenever it poured. She used to like the cold engulfing her whilst getting up to make a nice cup of hot chocolate. She used to like how the dark sky would light up blue or purple because of the lightning; she loved those colors. She used to like how the thunder grumbled making her jolt awake, making her feel her own heartbeat.

 

She used to like everything about the rain and the storms that came and went.

 

She used to.

 

One evening, Momo woke up because of the thunder. It never scared her, until now. She placed both hands on her ears as she curled up into a ball, not wanting the sheets to fall on the floor. Nothing would protect her from the cold if the sheets fell. She kicked up her hoodie that was beside her feet and quickly wore it. It helps muffling out the sound of the thunder. She closed her eyes shut as the lightning passed by, not wanting to be blinded by the color blue or purple. She tried to get a hold of her phone and her headphones to play some music, but unfortunately she left her headphones in her own gym.

 

Momo just sighed, getting her phone, unlocking it, and typing.

 

She usually didn't do this, but she was scared.


 

momo 12:03am: r u awake?

 

momo 12:09am: i guess not. sorry for bothering u


 

Momo shouldn’t have messaged her but how could she not when each time the rain pours, all Momo could think of was her? She was one of the reasons why she loved the rain because all Momo could think of was how her voice always soothed her, the way she sings all of Momo’s favorite songs, and the way her fingers moved its way through the strings of the guitar her father gave her when she was twelve.

 

Momo then started to regret living alone. She was her roommate, but when she decided to around with her roommate, it didn’t end up the way they expected it to be, so she moved out.

 

The rain kept on pouring, and each minute that passes, the droplets became heavier. Momo closed her eyes shut, forcing herself to sleep so she could drown out the sound of the rain.

 

Her phone buzzed.


 

chaeyoung 12:15am: hey sorry late reply

 

chaeyoung 12:15am: yes i’m awake

 

chaeyoung 12:15am: are u ok?

 

momo 12:16am: no. am i bothering u?

 

chaeyoung 12:16am: not really

 

momo 12:17am: i miss u

 

chaeyoung 12:18am: i miss u too

 

chaeyoung 12:18am: can’t sleep?

 

momo 12:19am: yeah

 

momo 12:19am: talk to me?


 

On the other side of town, Chaeyoung got up from her bed and got the guitar Momo left, getting ready because she was sure the older girl would want her to sing for her. She sat back down and called Momo. After three rings, she picked up.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter