singular.

home run.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When we are young, especially when we are in love, the odds of us finding ourselves in dumb situations are always higher. Like dressing up as the school's mascot hoping to get the attention of a person who clearly doesn’t give you a damn. Or how one would pour all their soul into a romantic serenade only to get a bucket filled with iced water thrown at them in return. 

The list could go on forever. I would even bet that the most different scenarios that you have experienced, either by yourself or through people close to you, are coming to your mind right now. 

So yeah, people in love are more prone to do stupid things. And when these moments are left behind, with regret being the only feeling that we take with us: that's when we can start to look back in time and reminisce all the funny and utterly embarrassing bits that come along with them, since it is when we will finally realize the stupidity of it all.

But Lalisa Manoban was still way too far from getting there yet, as she was deeply buried into her new-found feelings. And Lisa did really nonsense things, like: attending all her university's team baseball games even though she didn’t have the slightest clue about how the sport worked. 

Seriously, you are supposed to strike a little ball and run the hell out of your life in somewhat circles? How does someone even keep track of the score? Anyway, the blond's failure in getting to understand it doesn’t really matter here. The most important thing was the reason behind her going to the field every Wednesdays and Sundays like clockwork. 

No, it wasn’t the cute players in their tight uniforms that emphasized their nicely-built bodies. Nothing about two different teams fighting against each other after a winning title stood out to the  long-legged girl's big eyes. 

What really got her attention was the little intervals in every game. And yes, the Thai girl has even gotten herself the team's jersey despite being there solely for that short amount of time.

Now, you might be wondering: what exactly took place over a match's break that was so appealing? Or rather, who?

A cute redheaded cheerleader would be the answer. 

Lalisa had seen her around campus countless times before, but never truly worked up the courage to approach the slightly taller girl - because honestly, she didn’t think there was anyone more beautiful walking upon this earth. Her beauty could easily be related to the goddess Aphrodite somehow; what, with her perfectly crafted facial traits in addition to the proportional slim figure and all.

If you were to ask, Lisa would tell you about her eyes, for instance: how they could be seriously intimidating sometimes and yet, had the softest shade of brown she has ever seen; even from afar. And her lips. They were just so plump and pinkish, aside their moulding into an enticing smile that was capable of drowning everyone around in its warmth.

The blonde couldn’t really help but be all corny about it, coming up with all different kind of ways she would like to spoil the redhead if she ever had the chance. 

Speaking of the said cheerleader, she was once again grabbing Lalisa's attention that day - the Thai could feel her poor heart skipping a beat for the nth time at how the redhead excitedly smiled while spell

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter