One.

Twisted.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Okay. Let's start this by telling you who I am.

I am Jessica Jung. I live with my parents. I left my job. I ain't a snob- well, maybe sometimes. People think that I am scary, but noooo- I am very kind. I'm an awkward person. I'd rather stay at home than traveling anywhere. Let's just say that I'm an ambivert. I'd go out but only with my closest friends and cousins. I hate socializing with people, I hate pretending that I like them. I space out a lot. I am weird. 

About the realationship thing, I am very much single- for 8 months now. It's gonna be 9 months on January. The reason why I have broken up with my past girlfriend is that, she is very vert veeeeery possessive and manipulative. I felt like I was a robot who does anything that she wants. She's an overly jealous type of a person. She gets jealous over everything. She made me feel like I was useless and worthless. Even our group of friends said that she was selfish. She was choking me to death- so, I broke up with her. We've been together for 3 years and 10 months and I think that's enough choking- oh my, that sounds wrong. Haha. The moment that I broke up with her, I felt freedom. I was happy but sometimes, I feel lonely. It's okay though, I have my movies and games.

 

 

"HAPPY NEW YEAR!"

One of my cousins shouted right into my ear.

It was New Year's Eve, and as expected, I am like the 'host' of the party. I organize everything- such as, preparing the music and drinks, arranging the lights, setting up the microphone, gathering all the idiots- I mean, gathering my friends and relatives.

Let me tell you something, as soon as the clock strikes at 12 midnight, we have this tradition that all of the second generation of the family roam around the streets to greet the neighborhood with our friends. Until we end up on our compound to greet our parents and grandparents.

Okay, enough of that tradition thing-

January-
The month that chaned my life- unexpectedly.

"Yo, cous. Aren't you going to get out of your cave and join us preparing for the festival? We are participating in the activities, you know. Plus, your mom is the head of the council of our Zone. You should help."

That was my cousin, Sunny.
I was so immersed playing games on my laptop that I barely heard her.

"Hey, Jess!"

There goes the pillow flying into the thin air, hitting my head.

"Ow. What do you want?"

"Don't make me repeat everything that I said."

I sighed before looking at her. "The festival is coming. So, what? Do I look like I care about it. Besides, you guys are there to help."

"Look, Jess. Ever since you quit your job, you've been inside the house for almost a year. You never go out and when you do, it's just a couple of minutes then you go back in again. All you do is watch movies and play games." Sunny emitted a sigh. A heavy one. "Some of our friends and cousins are afraid to talk to you, you know that, right?"

I nodded in response, mumbling. "And so?"

"And so?! You r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter