Prologue

Time To Heal

Soft lips placed a loving kiss on the smooth skin of your forehead. The individual made a small noise, muttering something barely audible before they continued to plant butterfly kisses across your face. The featherlike touches soon pull you out of your dreams when they brush across a particularly sensitive patch of skin. As you regain consciousness, you become aware of how bright the room was, your eyes adapted to the darkness that had enveloped the room the night before.

Slowly, your blurry eyes took in the sight of the morning sun as it seeped its way past your blinds. The walls and bed were painting in a sea of warm orange, trying to awaken all unsuspecting beings that it touched. You knew this morning glow well. It was the sight that you woke up to on most days when you had to rise at an early hour to get ready for work. But today, you knew it was too early to be up at this hour. No, it was definitely a weekend.  So, in an attempt to get some additional hours of sleep, your curled in closer to your partner, your movement causing your limbs to become further tangled as you used him to shield you from the light. At your actions, your human barrier chuckled, the vibration of it could be felt against your cheek, as it lay flush against his chest.

"Beautiful, it's time to wake up. Your Sehunnie is wide awake, and he's waiting to be showered with your affection." His voice was raspy, the tone deep and gravely, like it usually was when he just woke up. It was in complete contrast to his naturally rich and silky tone that you were generally greeted with, but you loved it no matter what. His voice was like music to your ears no matter when you heard it. The grittiness to it right now sent a chill down your spine. It was a bit ier than his typical sound.

"Sehun, it's too early to be up," you protested. Though, contrary to your words, you gently lifted your head, eyes finally opened, adjusting to the brightness of the room. When your eyes were entirely in focus, you trailed them upwards, catching a glimpse of your boyfriend's face. He still looked pretty exhausted himself, likely awake for just a bit longer than yourself. His hair was disheveled, and his clothes were wrinkled, apparent signs that he had yet to get up and start his day. Still, even in this state, he was extremely handsome. Maybe it was because you loved him so much, but no matter his situation, he was the most attractive person in the room to you. It just wasn't fair. "Why are you up so early anyway? You don't have work until later today..." you added, eyes catching a glimpse of the small clock on the nearby table.

In response, you received a kiss on your lips, now that they were within kissing distance of the male. You yearned for more, wanting the kiss to last just a bit longer, but your boyfriend pulled away, a deep chuckle leaving his lips. "You are right. It's definitely too early. But a certain someone forgot to turn off her alarm last night. And even though she managed to sleep through it, I did not," he teased.

"My love, how many times do I have to tell you to turn off your alarm on your days off? You need to get some rest, or you'll end up running yourself ragged..." he urged. Sehun knew that things had been busy for you lately and that you had been working ridiculous hours to try and meet the deadline for the new fashion line. It wasn't often that you would put in extra hours after work, or even, sometimes on weekends, but these last few weeks, you had just been buried in work. More often than not, you would now show up at Sehun's door, completely exhausted, just wanting to cuddle. He knew then how difficult of a day you had. He hated seeing you so tired, but he knew why you were like that. You refused to take the easy road. You wanted to do everything on your own. You wanted to prove yourself to those around you.

You cursed under your breath, berating yourself for not turning on that alarm while you were over at Sehun's. His hours were very different from yours between his job and the shows he played in the evening. He didn't need to be up this early. "I thought I had turned that alarm off. I had it set last week since I needed to get some things done and have brunch with my parents. I'm sorry it woke you," you apologized as Sehun pulled you on top of him. You tenderly peppered his face in kisses to try and make it up to him, but your actions only made him laugh. Yet, through all of his laughter, he still managed to snake his arms around your waist, holding you tightly to his form. In this position, you were always the most content.

Being able to stare into his lovely eyes, hands lightly brushing his fringe out of the way so that you could get a better look at them. Being with Sehun was comfortable. You felt safe, loved, and overall… happy.

Sehun returned your dreamy gaze with his own, fingers drawing random patterns on your lower back. "Speaking of that forbidden topic, am I ever going to have the pleasure of meeting these terrifying people that you call your parents?" Sehun inquired, just as you were about to place another kiss on his lips.

At his sudden remark, however, you stopped right in your tracks. Instead, you blinked and unconsciously bit your bottom lip in response. You were aware of Sehun's want to meet your parents. He wanted them to know that you were in good hands. However, given your background and your parents' status, they definitely had particular... expectations for you and your future. You wanted to make sure that Sehun was ready to meet them, and that you had proven yourself enough to them that they would let the two of you be. You knew that he was restless about this, but you just needed him to wait a little longer. "Sehun..." you started slowly.

This was a reaction that your boyfriend knew well. Every time your parents were brought up, and the subject of meeting them was brought up, you always became apologetic. You were going to tell him to give you more time... and he was well aware of that. Sehun knew not to push too much about it, and though he meant it as a joke this time, it was evident that you had taken it to heart, and he would have to soothe your worries.

"I know, beautiful. I know that it's not time to meet them yet. I meant to tease you. I'm sorry if it didn't come across that way," Sehun said gently, his tone reassuring as he closed the distance between the two of you to complete that earlier kiss. "Plus, I like our relationship the way we are now. There's no meddling from anyone. And honestly, this sneaking around... it feels a bit..."

When Sehun trailed off, you couldn't help but grow curious as to what he was keeping from you. "What does it feel like, Sehun?" you asked.

Unexpectedly, Sehun moved, and in one fell swoop, he had you pinned below him, a yelp of surprise leaving your lips. When your eyes finally focused, you found his face mere inches from you, staring intensely into your eyes. "Sneaking around like this makes us feel taboo... and I honestly find it kind of hot," he admitted. He could tell that you were about to make a snarky remark, and instead, he took the chance to crash his lips against your own, devouring your lips in a searing kiss.

Still, even though he thought that your family's expectations were a joke, he would soon find out that they weren't... and that he should have known better...