004

The Genius
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Boyfriend’s Birthday <3”

 

It felt like his insides suddenly dropped as soon as his sleepy eyes caught the notification. He didn’t understand why, but it felt like he was being wronged.

“What’s the alarm...”

Mirae woke up, breaking him apart from his unsolved thoughts and sat up on the bed. Forgetting the noise which woke her up, she glared at the guy like she was witnessing a murder in front of her eyes.

“What are you doing on my bed?”

 

“You’re not single?”

 

“I just asked WHAT THE TWO OF US ARE DOING ON THE SAME FREAKING BED!!!”

 

Sehun sighed and sat up, throwing the phone onto the mattress. “It was you who snatched back the bed you gave me. I’m too ‘long’ to sleep on the couch so I had no choice.”

The girl stumbled out of the bed, blushing as red as possible all over her cheeks. “Uh... I’m sorry... I guess...”

Was it a dream or did I really feel him hugging me?

“So you do have a boyfriend.” He stated again, being monotonous to the maximum. “It’s his birthday as the alarm said... But aren’t you supposed to wish someone for their birthday sharp at twelve? I hate when people are late to wish.”

“Birthday?” Mirae wondered aloud, returning to the bed and taking her phone. And her reddened face lit up in a bright smile in no time. “Omo... my baby Johnny already posted a selfie! Happy birthday love...” she sighed aloud, and started muttering all kinds of sweet remarks, furiously typing away with busy thumbs.

“Who?”

Sehun raised an eyebrow.

“Johnny of NCT... my bias baby.” Mirae answered, busy scrolling through her instagram feed. “Aw cutie... Mark is the first to wish him... JohnMark is real!!!”

Sehun scoffed at the squealing girl. “So your ‘Boyfriend’ is Johnny Seo? Like seriously?”

“Of course! Who else?”

Sehun stared with a smirk at the fangirl bouncing on her feet.

Woah that’s a relief.

Having their simple breakfast, Sehun was still staring at the girl sitting across the table.

“Your cereal is getting soggy... stop that fangirling already and eat.”

“But this birthday video is so cute! Plus his visuals are no joke!!!”

“Oh please, he’s not that handsome to begin with.”

 

Mirae raised her head from the phone, glaring eyes shooting lasers at him. “Say that again.”

Sehun shrugged nonchalantly. “Men must be good looking in person! Not on camera.”

The death glare intensified.

“Are you saying my Johnny’s not handsome in person? How dare you!!! I saw him once in a fan sign event and he was the epitome of beauty...” she placed her chin on her palm, dreamily sighing.

“Epitome my foot...” he muttered under his breath. “If you have eyes you can see who’s the real deal.”

“What are you mumbling again? Mr. Lee Sehun?”

“I said he’s a friend of mine! Your ‘uwu baby Johnny Suh’ is a family friend of ours!”

Mirae dropped both her spoon and phone one the table. And the next second, she was standing in front of him, eyes rounded in amazement and expectance. “You aren’t lying are you?”

“Why would I?”

“Do you have proof?”

“Proof? Um...wait.”

He started scrolling through his phone gallery, and finally came up with a selfie. “Here.” he held the selfie of two guys at a holiday resort in front of her face, making the girl gasp and snatch the phone away.

“You two really know each other!” she wailed. “Can’t you get me a chance to meet him? Pretty please?”

“Well my actual intention was showing you that he’s no different from an average guy.” He snatched back his phone.

And to convince you that I’m way more handsome than him.

“Still...” she sighed dreamily.

There’s no way I’m gonna admit that you look hotter than him Lee Sehun.

 

* * * *

“So how did you two become family friends?”

Mirae asked, reaching up towards the top most row of her kitchen cabinet, trying to get a hold of the rolling pin which had its end sticking out of its hiding place.

“Um... our dads worked together.”

“Is your dad also a scientist? Because I’ve heard that Johnny’s dad is one.”

Sehun nodded. “They worked together for years in the US.”

“Even our Professor worked there! Maybe he knows your dad as well!” Mirae said, standing on the tips of her toes and trying her best to reach the top row.

“No they don’t.” Sehun declared, closing the topic, afraid he’ll be revealing unnecessary facts. “Be careful there are two frying pans-”

His words were cut off by the clattering of pans, and the rolling pin flipped and crashed down with the two frying pans those were placed over it.

Sehun reached forward from the counter he was leaning beside her, and in lightening speed, the girl was spun around and pulled closer to be shielded by him.

And she heard the two pans and the rolling pin hit his upper back before crashing on the floor.

 

“Are you alright?”

His question came out huskily, laced in pain.

“Not me... are you okay Sehun-ssi?”

She asked back, not minding the close proximity the two were standing in.

Sehun nodded in reply. “They didn’t hit anywhere harmful... all the necessary organs are safe and sound...”

“This is not a moment to joke Lee Sehun!” Mirae replied, nevertheless a chuckle escaping her lips.

She wasn’t sure, but under the mischievous twinkle in his eyes, she saw an intense stare boring straight into her eyes. Meanwhile she felt the arm holding her at the waist tighten the hold as his bicep tensed against her skin.

Am I hallucinating or did he just glance at my lips?

 

“MISS KOREA KIM MIRAE ARE YOU HOME...?!?”

 

A young male of average height, clad in an acid green sweater and washed denim jeans entered the kitchen, his voice raised enough to echo through the entire apartment. Seeing the two people standing in the middle of the kitchen, he came to an abrupt stop. “Uh oh.”

Sehun’s arm released the girl at once, who leapt back and gapped at the sudden intruder. “Baekhyun-ah!”

“Ah, mian.” The intruder held up his hands in defence, frantically shaking them in front of his face. “I... I didn’t mean to interrupt! I mean I didn’t know you finally got one, I mean you actually got one inside... inside the apartment I mean...”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter