Smile

Smile
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

WARNING: There are curse words. 

~

"Jennie, we can fix this-"

"Fix this?! Are you kidding me! I already gave you a chance, but you still blew it."

"Jennie, please. This was all a goddamn mistake! I didn't mean to-"

"Oh my god. Are you ing serious? Oh, so you didn't mean to have with her? How classic." 

"No- You know what, maybe if you weren't so distant then I wouldn't have done that!"

"Really?! You're blaming me, for you cheating? Shut up about distance, you have no idea how distant you were!"

"Me, distant?! I've always wanted to show you how much I love-"

"Love?! You only dated me so you can show off to all of your goddamn friends that you managed to get with me!"

"Jennie, please-"

"Get the hell out of my life and never show your face to me again."

"Jennie-!"

"Go back to that ." 

~

That's what happened. And that's why Jennie was running on her slippers, towards the hill she cherished deeply. She cursed her naive self for falling in love with such a man, who didn't even give a damn about her. Jennie despised herself for falling into that void called false love. "How childish of me to have thought that we were in love." She muttered to herself, climbing up the semi steep hill. Fortunately, it was deep into noon and Jennie didn't care if Jisoo told her many times to stay inside the house when it was too dark for her liking.

It was her favourite hill. Her safe place.

Jennie huffed, her hands falling to her knees as she finally saw the stunning view the hill provided. She sighed, catching her breath before straightening her back. Even through her worst days, it seemed as if this hill was the only place that listened to her rants. Yes, Jisoo is her special friend but Jennie didn't want to take up her time just to complain about things she'd rather keep to herself. So if worst comes to worst, Jennie ran all the way to this hill, especially during noon. 

It overlooked the city lights. Streets that were crowded with different vehicles, side walks that were occupied by pedestrians who would either be listening to music or conversating with their peers. The city was always so lively, it made Jennie think when such a loud city would fall quiet. But she doubt that would ever happen. 

Jennie sat down, tucking her knees close as she place her chin atop. She closed her eyes, hoping to let the breeze take her tears and calm her nerves. It's been a while since she's been this angry at someone. If Jisoo knew about this, she probably would've marched right up to that man and slapped him in the face. The thought brought a light feeling in Jennie. Ah, that unnie. As minutes passed, Jennie finally felt the reality hit her, like a bucket of water suddenly poured over her head. Jennie leaned closer into her knees, tears continuously rolling down her cheeks.

"Why did he.." Jennie mumbled, sobbing into her sleeves, hoping the ache in her heart would slowly drift away. But it didn't, it only hardened. The pain enveloped her broken heart, wrapping around the shattered pieces as if to stop it from pulling itself together. Jennie loved him, yet he fooled her so easily it only confirms her suspicion that he never reciprocated her feelings. 

Jennie found herself falling deep into this dark, empty abyss where nothing but negative thoughts lurk. Negative thoughts that will surely consume her whole being, to the point it will knock her already low self-esteem down another notch; if that's possible. Why did he do that? Am I not good enough? Was he not satisfied? Didn't I do enough for him? Didn't he love me? Was I worth it? Am I worth it?

"The view is beautiful, why aren't you looking at it?" An unfamilar voice smoothly cut through Jennie's array of self-deprecating thoughts. She looked up and saw a stranger standing a few feet away from her. It was a woman, a beautiful woman. She had dirty blond hair that crawled down until her upper back, big doe eyes that reflected the setting sun and a faint smile that seemed so pure.

Jennie was confused. I thought I only knew of this place...? She opened to speak, preparing her words, but the stranger cut her off. "You don't need to say anything. A broken heart needs time to heal, don't force yourself to do something." The stranger glanced down at Jennie, a warm smile gracing amongst the woman's features as she did so. Jennie felt her sobs slowly dissolve in the wind, her eyes clearing from the tears that brimmed her eyelids. 

"My name is LaLisa Manoban but you can call me Lisa." She sighed, her eyes set on the city laid amongst the two of them, "I'm a little new to the city so I decided to look around and I found this beautiful hill-" Lisa turned to Jennie, "-I didn't know I would meet an angel here as well. It's a good thing I didn't potato up in my condo." 

Jennie just listened, her eyes no longer attracted to the city lights that crowded the landscape. Instead, Jennie focused on Lisa's figure, her facial features and her smile that was charming yet warm. Jennie cleared , hoping to stand clear from her broken hearted voice, "H-How did you know I was..heart broken..?" She looked up at Lisa, her eyes tired but every time this woman would glance at her with brown doe eyes, it seemed as if a tad bit of energy was injected within Jennie.

Lisa hummed, "It was just a good guess of mine. However, if I was in the same situation as you, I'd probably run here as well." She turned her slim body to Jennie, who only watched her do so, "Almost nothing can change a broken heart. It's hard to replace, but that doesn't mean it can't be fixed." Lisa fished her pocket and took out a small cloth, "It just needs a little help to be whole again." Lisa crouched to Jennie's level, handing her the small blue cloth that Lisa had taken out of her pocket.

Reluctantly, Jennie grabbed it with her slender fingers, "Thank you." Is all Jennie could mutter out. 

"It's nothing." Lisa smiled, taking a seat beside Jennie. The distance between the two of them was understandable, however, Jennie could feel the slight warmth that radiated off of Lisa. It was comforting, to say the least. 

The two sat in silence, but it wasn't the type of silence that you would want to get rid of. It was the type that put you at ease and help calm the nerves that were hyper within your system. Jennie felt her shoulders relax slowly, her tears coming to a minimum and her eyes clearing up from the blurred vision beforehand. She glanced at the taller woman beside her, studying her frame and her features. Lisa was far too occupied with the view that she didn't even realize Jennie staring at her.

Jennie put her attention on Lisa's big doe eyes. They reflected the moonlight and glistened ever so slightly as she continued to stare at the city below. Her arms that wrapped her knees were skinny yet also a tad bit muscular. Lisa's hands that overlapped each other looked rough yet somehow Jennie wasn't intimidated. In fact, she guessed that it would be quite warm to hold the taller girl's hand. Lisa's hair reached the top of her back, some of it draping over her slim shoulders. 

"This place is quite beautiful isn't it?" Lisa's voice cut through Jennie's thoughts; the latter jumping ever so slightly. "It kind of gives off a warm feeling inside." Lisa smiled, her grin almost reached the tips of her ears. 

Jennie shook her head slightly, kicking herself out of the current trance she was in, "It does." She answered, her voice was small and it matched her smaller frame. 

Lisa glanced at her, their eyes meeting. It seemed as if she was going to speak or start conversation, however, her vision was successfully captivated by the pair of cat eyes that stared right back at her. Jennie felt her shoulders suddenly tense at the feeling, her attention seemingly only on the woman in front of her. The two were caught in an unbreakable trance, the two of them both hypnotized with this new feeling of butterflies occupying their stomach. Lisa just stared in awe as she felt her knees suddenly weaken at the sight of Jennie's adorable expression. Her eyes suddenly flickered to Jennie's lips, but she caught hersel before it was too late.

"That reminds me-" Lisa blinked a couple of times before letting a shy smile grown amongst her features, "-You never told me your name."

Jennie's eyes widened, stomach still filled with the same anxiety, "Right. I'm Jennie. Jennie Kim." She chuckled shyly, finding this introduction a little odd considering they're just two strangers that met on a hill in the middle of the night - well nearing midnight.

Lisa's shy grin was soon replaced with a brighter and confident one, "Jennie? That's a pretty name."

Jennie arched an eyebrow, "Really? It seems rather normal to me."

"Hm, nope! It suits your angelic character." Lisa chuckled. Jennie was taken back by the sudden compliment that she had to avoid eye contact and hide the growing pink tint on her cheeks.

L

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter