movie

ROSES & INKS; chaelisa, one-shot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaeyoung stood in front of the full-length mirror and considered her yellow sundress, turning first to one side, then the other, then craning her neck over her own shoulder to inspect her backside. It was her fourth outfit change of the evening, but she doubted it would be her last. It was one of the utmost importance that she looked as cute as possible tonight. 

Of course, she thought that every time she went out with Lisa Manoban. 

Lisa Manoban. Just the thought of those five syllables was enough to make her stomach surge with butterflies.

Chaeyoung was just about to go to her closet to try something else- this dress was unquestionably her color, but she wondered if her might look better in skinny jeans- when suddenly her phone buzzed with a text message. She dove across her bed to answer it. 

Hey, my last client canceled so I'm off early tonight. OK if I come pick you up now?

Oh God! Oh God! She'd thought she had another hour or at least to get ready. But, did this mean they would get to spend more time together? Maybe now they could go out for ice cream or something after the movie. That would be worth it.

Chaeyoung gave it ninety seconds before texting her back. 

Sounds good! Let me just throw something real quick.

You're on like your seventh outfit, aren't you?

No! 

Princess.

What time should I buy tickets for?

Don't worry about it. Already bought them. :)

The butterflies swirled even faster, forcing their way out as an involuntary giggle. Chaeng rolled onto her back, overwhelmed until they were gone. 

Then she went ahead and changed into skinny jeans.

-----------------------

Lisa rolled up in her red-on-black Camaro not much later. Chaeyoung had been terrified of this beast of a car at first, jumping every time the engine snarled, but she was slowly growing used to it. Lisa slouched next to her in the driver's seat, shower-fresh, leather-jacketed, one hand hooked lazily over the wheel while the other held Chaeng's knee. Chaeyoung tried very hard not to disintegrate from the contact. 

Chaeyoung was quite excited about this date. Not just because she would be sitting right next to Lisa in the dark for two hours, during which Lisa would probably hold her knee like this the whole time, but because she'd been waiting to see this particular movie, the first film adaptation of the classic Broadway musical Hats, for years. Chaeyouung knew every word to every sone and fully expected to cry at least three times. It wouldn't be as good as seeing the real show, she knew, but surely it was the next best thing.

Lisa was probably a little less enthusiastic. Okay- a lot. She's admitted she didn't care for musicals. She's wanted to see some horrible werewolf movie, Red Moon Rises or something like that. But the last horror movie Chaeng had seen was Gremlins, at a sixth-grade sleepover, and that had haunted her for months. She's been immensely relieved when Lisa had come around without much of a fight. 

When they reached the theater Chaeyoung practically ran through the door, stopping only when she realized she didn't have the tickets. 

"I just want to put it out there that your looks especially cute today," Lisa observed from behind her, catching up a moment later. 

Chaeyoung was almost too worked up to feel properly vindicated.

"We're late."

"We're fine," Lisa chuckled.

She was right. By the time they'd turned in their tickets, b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter