fin

what she is
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 


yujin was never the jealous type. for real. she might be the clingiest member, if not one of, but she isn't possessive. who even is she? she's just a high school kid her member think fondly of. her members reciprocating her hugs and touches does not give her that much entitlement.

 

that was until minjoo and chaewon started to get close. she sees the way they act around each other and damn, she isn't amused by it even just one bit. she's fully aware that iz*one as a group have to get along. they'd be together for two and a half years so getting closer to each other is a no brainer. innevitable, even. but she can't help herself. looking at how minjoo looks at chaewon just, for the lack of better word, hurts. 

 

she's watching their latest enozi cam, filmed during chaewon's high school graduation. minjoo's gentle smile puts the cameras btight flashes to shame. she's beautiful. yujin watches intently as chaewon talks about her feelings, holding the flowers minjoo got her. minjoo also talks about  her feelings about chaewon graduating and gave a professional answer yet there's still a hint of personal touch to it. as expected.

she sees the way minjoo looks at chaewon when she talks, as if she is in love. maybe she actually is, she thought. well that's painful. 

 

"unnie, congratulations on your graduation." minjoo smiles. they both giggle, chaewon puts her arm around minjoo's shoulder and thanks her. "why am i the one who's shaking?" minjoo jests, her smile never leaving. she really was. 

chaewon thanks minjoo, trying to give her head a pat. but being the resident tsundere, she sounded a bit awkward, insincere if you will. it was cute.

"unnie, i can't feel your love." minjoo jokes. but chaewon quickly takes a hold of minjoo's hand, proudly shows it, "thank you, minjoo. i'll be there when you graduate too" she declares. 

minjoo lets out a small gasp, "i'm touched."

 

that made yujin stop. she just started high school. she's literally a freshman. and minjoo is already a senior graduating next year. it made her think of their limited time together. it made her sad for some reason other than the fact that they're just temporary. "they'll be with each other on both their graduations," she breathed. 

 

"is this from you?" chaewon asks pertaining to the flowers minjoo got her. 

 

"unnie, i woke up at 7 in the morning to get these for you."

 

"ah, really?"

it's true. yujin recalls minjoo getting up around 7 am just to get chaewon those flowers herself. it's not in yujin's character to wake up earlu but she couldn't help it, minjoo looked nervous the night before so was worried. chaewon's graduation slipped off her mind, but remembered it the moment she saw minjoo almost in panic about the flowers she's getting. no one could make minjoo react like that except chaewon.

 

yujin wonders why she's even watching this. does she like hurting herself this much? perhaps she does. she can see their fans' tweets about minjoo and chaewon's pairing- 2kim, as they call it, and how cute their relationship is. she can't disagree with them though, they are correct.

it's cute how they treat each other. their difference and similarities make their dynamic adorable, and more enjoyable for anyone who could see them. chaewon's straighforwardness and minjoo's engaging way of dealing with everything and everyone round her makes her reactions to chaewon's honesty endearing. not to mention the two of them really just match perectly despite their contrast. even yujin herself adores it. b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter