The 27th, But 3 Years Late.

Summer Bloom
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Half past three. 

 

The clock’s consistent ticking is driving her mad. Again and again. Her brain is screaming for help. But she lay there instead, a dull emotionless face, eyes cold and body stiff. All her strength is put into gripping the bottle of beer she hangs off the side of the sofa. The alcohol she’s drowned herself in is finally kicking in. 

 

“The 27th......” she murmured to herself, “I miss you more and more every year......” 

 

The girl passing out in her dark living room, sprawled out on a sofa, was Lee Siyeon. 

 

Like you or me, she lives a normal life. She lives in an apartment above a local supermarket and works in an admin office. She found it boring, boring being the less colourful version of what Siyeon would curse at herself in the mirror. 

 

But honestly she could live with the boring life, it was the tragic event that happened 3 years ago that made her have moments like this, breathing in alcohol to drown out the thoughts. 

 

She wouldn’t tell anyone what happened, she kept it to herself buried in the darkest parts of her brain. Yoobin has gotten close to finding out, but not close enough.

 

Lee Yoobin, being Siyeon’s flatmate and bestfriend of 7 years. 

 

No one cared for Siyeon like she did, especially since Siyeon’s family hadn’t been accepting of her when she came out a few years ago. Yoobin had to be that family Siyeon no longer had. 

 

In the present, Siyeon’s eyelids fluttered and tears rolled as she remembered that night, 3 years ago. 

 

She remembered the sound of the crash, the blood, the-

 

A key cracks in the lock of the apartment door knocking Siyeon out of her drunk dream. 

 

“It’s 3am! Where have you been?!” From emotionless to uncontrollable, Siyeon flings her now empty beer bottle to the pile of the rest and throws herself at Yoobin. 

 

“I was- I was staying at Dongie’s house... but then I remembered.” Siyeon hated it when Yoobin called her “dongie” it made her cringe.

 

Dongie, being Han Dong, Yoobin’s girlfriend. 

 

“Well you remembered too late!” Siyeon yelled. Siyeon hits hard down on the table in front her, making a loud cracking sound.

 

“Siyeon-ah!” Yoobin yells back “you’re drunk! Calm down! I know you’re upset, but you need to stop drinking.” 

 

Yoobin could smell the alcohol dripping off of Siyeon, the beer stains on her white shirt. 

 

And so she grabs the other girl by her arms, so tight that the rings on her fingers make indents into her soft underarm. 

 

“Siyeon... you’re ok.” 

 

A simple sentence, but it almost woke Siyeon from her drunken state.

 

“Sorry....” sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter