Final

Still
Please log in to read the full chapter

A shory drabble. Inspired by the song "Still" by Frankie J.
Belated happy Seulrene day.


**

 

I am watching television while eating. My husband Bogum is asleep beside me. He must be tired from work.

My cell phone rang. It was an unknown number. I answered the phone on the second ring.

"Hello." I paused for a minute. I know who the caller is. Her voice is still the same. I couldn't believe it.
I kept cool. Bogum might wake up anytime.
"Hi. What do you want?" I whispered.
"I'm sorry Joohyun, there's something you should know." She said..
"I can't let you go.. I just can't let you go.." She sobs. Is this another drunk call from her?
"Hyun, I'm losing my mind. I still love you.. I still need you. I guess I still want you. I'm sorry. I didn't plan on calling. I may be interrupting something. I'll just won't call you again. I promise. I'm really sorry." She's still crying.


I'll be honest. My hearbeat went fast when I heard her voice. I missed her. I guess I haven't fully moved on too.. I knew my feelings for her never faded. I know she's still in my heart.
I can still her at the background of the call.

"Seulgi." I called her.


"Hyunnie." She whispered lovingly.
"I guess I still feel the same way.." I stood up and went to the kitchen.. Away from my husband.


But I stopped and thought about me and Bogum, we've been so happy and contented. I'm about to have his baby. I'm 5 months pregnant after waiting for almost 2 years for this miracle..

"I'm sorry, Seulgi.. I gotta let you go. This conversation can't go on.. I just need to let you go.. Please do the same. We can't do this." I sighed.

She kept silent..

"I know.. I'm sorry. Please hang up the phone." She said.

"Seul, I have to let you go cause if I didn't let you go.. I... I may ruin everything." I started crying..
"I guess I still love you too... I still need you by my side. I still want your touches, your kissed.. I still do.." There I confessed.

 

"Hyun.."

I kept the phone away from me. I can't afford to have this conversation. After all these years. Why now? I am doing fine with Bogum.

"Seulgi, why now? Why?!" I held the phone up back.

"I don't know, Hyun. I know I'm too late.. I'm sorry."


--------
Flas

Please log in to read the full chapter