Can I be him?

Can I Be Him?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jennie's POV:

 

"Oppa! How many times do I have to tell you to  put down the toilet seat afte—" I didn't even get the chance to finish my sentence. Because, the moment I roughly opened my brothers door, there he was in between her legs —thankfully clothed— and kissing her lips. 

 

With the sound of the door abruptly opening, Sehun and Lisa had quickly pulled apart and turned to me with flushed features and swollen lips. Sehun narrows his eyes and sits up with Lisa following suit and looking away in embarrassment while combing her bangs with her fingers.

 

"Get out of my room Jennie!" He yells out causing me to jump in surprise and quickly slam his door shut once again. I didn't even know that she was here. 

 

I gulp down the pain and quickly rushed towards my room and slammed the door shut. I lean against it and close my eyes, hoping to hold in the tears that were threatening to escape,

 

"Why did it have to be you?" I whisper to myself while placing my hand on my chest, as if it would remove the lingering ache.

 

Sehun was my older brother, Lisa was his classmate and best friend. While I was the younger sister who also happened to be best friends with Lisa. They were only two years older than me but they made me feel as if I was also their age.

 

Growing up, it use to be the three of us. 

 

We were known to be the three musketeers.

 

That was until puberty arrived and both Sehun and Lisa grew closer. And, because of the , I was still in middle school while they entered high school so they were together all the time. And during those years growing up, feelings were suddenly making sense. 

 

Feelings for Lalisa Manoban.

 

She was someone I would always find myself confiding to. And during sleep overs, Sehun wasn't allowed to sleep in the same room since he was a boy so Lisa and I would talk the whole night. There were nights where we wouldn't sleep at all and just talk, laugh, and sometimes even cry together.

 

But everything changed the moment they started dating. 

 

They've been boyfriend and girlfriend for two years now, and with each passing day that I'm not the one holding her, kissing her or loving her the way he is, I find myself breaking even more.

 

Can I be him? 

 

Because, I need her more than I know.

 

For a over a year now, I've been avoiding them whenever I see them together. Most specifically Lisa. Sehun has become the annoying older brother, but I still love him. But, whenever she's here, I hide in my bedroom and act as if I'm busy to avoid those eyes that seem to know me more than I know myself. 

 

Before I can go deep into memory lane, my mother had quickly called us all down for dinner,

 

"Kids! Dinners ready!" She exclaims from the kitchen. I groan and comb my fingers through my hair in frustration before replying,

 

"Not hungry!" I yell out, when in reality, I was so hungry that I could eat the whole damn house but that didn't seem too appealing. 

 

"I don't care! I've been cooking for an hour and you will come down and eat young lady!" My mother scolds. I scowl and hastily open my door only to see Sehun and Lisa walking out the same time as me.

 

Great.

 

Hearing my mother embarrassing me, Sehun looks at me and snickers while walking past me, which earned him a middle finger from me. He shakes his head and walks past me while laughing towards my immaturity.

 

"Hey Jen," a smooth voice says. I look up to see Lisa smiling down at me, but, the smile didn't reach her eyes. And I didn't know why. I smile softly,

 

"Hi," I simply say before walking but I mentally screamed as she began to walk beside me and match my pace.

 

"So, hows school?" She starts with. Ignoring the loud beating sound that was being made in my chest, I simply shrug,

 

"Boring as ever," I joke causing a beautiful giggle to escape her slender neck. That sound always causes my brain to grow haywire, her laugh always seemed so perfect to me. Hell, shes the definition of perfection. 

 

I blushed towards the sound and gulped nervously. I unconsciously flicker my eyes to her and felt the heat in my cheeks towards her beauty. There was never time where she had any flaws growing up. Her beauty just enhances with each passing year.

 

"Yeah, high school was the worse," she states with me humming in response. I was now 17 and the other two were 19 and entering college. So I was pretty much grateful that I didn't see them together as much anymore.

 

After a few moments of silence, I felt as if she wanted to say more but we had already entered the kitchen and Sehun had taken her hand to sit next to him. I sigh at the sight and focused my eyes everywhere but their hands being intertwined.

 

I make my way over to my chair that was —sadly— across from them. My mother happily smiles,

 

"Alright let's eat," She says. I silently nod and began to eat, trying to keep my focus down on my plate. For a while, everyone seemed to be engaged into a topic that I could care less about until my name was suddenly made,

 

"Sehun, I need you to pick up your sister after school the whole week next week," my mom suddenly says causing Sehun to groan in annoyance,

 

"But mom I can't. The boys and I are training all week next week for the basketball tournament," he says. Before my mother can scold him, another voice was made. The voice that my heart always picks up,

 

"I can pick her up Mrs. Kim," Lisa offers causing me to stiffen and look up to only see Lisa already looking at me. Those damn eyes.

 

"I mean, if that's okay with you Jen," she nervously asks while placing a strand of her silver hair behind her ear. Cute. 

 

She had recently dyed her hair silver and cut it shoulder length. So, you could say I almost died the moment she came over and showed off her smooth shoulders—

 

"Of course she's okay with it Lisa! Aren't you Jen?" My mom asks, completely removing myself from my thoughts . I awkwardly look away from Lisa and continued to pick on my food as a blush began to coat my cheeks for staring off into space. I clear my throat and nod while looking back up and fixing my eyes on her,

 

"Yeah, sounds good with me," I reply. She smiles softly causing my heart to swell but seeing as Sehun smiled and took her hand over the table and placed a short kiss on her cheek, my heart sunk.

 

"Thanks babe," he says. I mentally cringed at the sight and gripped my utensils tighter seeing Lisa smiling back to him. God, can she please smile at me like that?

 

Wait,

 

Alone with Lisa all week?

 

.

 

....................................................

Monday

.....................................................

 

"Bye Jen!" Joy yells out before entering the car with Irene and Seulgi and driving off. I wave back as I continue to walk —well, rush—towards the pick up area. 

 

Lisa was picking me up today. Was I excited or nervous?

 

Both.

 

"Hey Jennie!" I look over to see my friends Jisoo and Rosé waking towards me. I remove my ear phones and smile as they make their way to me,

 

"Hey girls," I greet. These two were my best friends and were the only ones that knew about Lisa, most specifically, my feelings for Lisa. 

 

"Is your brother picking you up today?" Rosé asks as she takes Jisoos hands in hers and intertwines their fingers. 

 

Did I forget to mention that they've been dating for three years now? I force out a tight smile and shake my head,

 

"Not this week but—" before I could finish my sentence, a car had slowly pulled up with the windows down,

 

"Hey!" Lisa greets as she stops the car and waves towards me and the duo. I look over and blushed at the sight of her wearing a black tank top, exposing her y collar bones.

 

 

 

I look towards my friends who were sending me a smirk and knowing look while wiggling their eyebrows. I playfully hit both of their arms and roll my eyes,

 

"Call us later Jendukie!" Jisoo yells out as I had entered the car. I chuckle and send her a thumbs up before closing the window, which I soon regretted the moment her fresh scent engulfed my senses. I hear a small laugh from the side,

 

"Jendukie?" She asks. I chuckle while buckling up my seat belt and looking over to her,

 

"She gave me that nickname because I, apparently, tend to be very clingy and needy," I said creating a smile to painted onto her full lips. 

 

"That's cute," She comments causing my heart to flutter and making me look away to cover the blush in my cheeks. 

 

"As long as they don't call you Nini cause I'm the only one that can call you that," she teases. I raise my eyebrows and stare at her gorgeous side profile in amusement after feeling confident that the blush subsided,

 

"Is that so?" I playfully ask. She grins and looks over at me for a second and sends a wink,

 

"Absolutely. I'm your Lili and you're my Nini," She casually replies causing me to bite my lower lip to repress a smile. I go to reply but the frown on her lips made me furrow my eyebrows in confusion.

 

"Well, I'm hoping that's still the case," She says. I go to open my mouth to speak but no words were able to escape because, for me, Lili and Nini ended the moment my feelings grew and after I heard her say shes dating my brother. However, not wanting her to worry or feel awkward, I force out a smile and nod,

 

"Of course, always," I slowly say, hoping to convince myself that maybe, just maybe, she'll be in my life forever. I mean, considering the fact that Sehun and Lisa seem to in love, they'd probably be married in the future, and that mere thought had killed me more than I would've thought it would.

 

Lisa flickers her gaze to me and forces out a smile and nods her head. I don't think she was quite convinced with my answer.

 

The rest of ride was pure silent, awkward really. Neither of us knew how to start a conversation anymore and that pain was slowly suffocating me. Fortunately, we finally made it home. 

 

"Thanks, I'll see you tomorrow," I mutter out after unbuckling my seat belt. I go to grab onto the door handle but Lisa had suddenly snatched onto my wrist. Feeling my heart trying to claw its way out of my chest, I nervously turn to look at her. 

 

"Can I ask you something?" She asks while keeping her gaze down onto her hand that was gently holding my wrist. I swallow thickly as I felt my skin growing warm under her hold and nodded,

 

"Sure," I whisper. Lisa takes in a deep breath and finally lifts her gaze and fixes them into mine that held in a secret.

 

"Why have you been avoiding me?" She asks. I widen my eyes and instantly felt my stomach drop. Oh . Avoiding her eyes, I quickly look down onto her hand that still kept a secured, warm hold onto my wrist and shrugged,

 

"I haven't, I've just been busy with school work and stuff," the lie had smoothly rolled off my tongue and I'm not relatively sure that I enjoyed that sensation. 

 

Feeling Lisa's grip slowly loosen and her pulling away, I force myself to look at her and instantly felt a frown etch onto my lips seeing her lips pursed and staring forward while gripping onto the steering wheel,

 

"Okay."

 

....................................................

Tuesday

.....................................................

 

I let out a nervous breath and grip onto my binder seeing Lisa's car pulling up. I was a little worried to see if she's still upset about yesterday, but, seeing her beautiful smile, I couldn't help but smile in return and sigh in relief.

 

I open the car door and slide right inside,

 

"Hey," I greet while buckling my seat belt. Lisa smiles at me and turns to fix her sight on the road,

 

"Hi! How was school?" She asks. I chuckle and and playfully roll my eyes,

 

"It was wonderful mom," I tease. She laughs and nudges my side playfully,

 

"Shut up, I'm trying to start a nice conversation with you," She whines out while sticking out her bottom lip. I feel the familiar heat in my cheeks return as the idea of biting that plump lip appeared on my mind, but quickly shook it off.

 

"Are you sure you're 19 and not 9?" I tease. She playfully rolls her eyes and chuckles,

 

"And here I was going to be a good friend and take you to get ice cream, shame," She feigns a look of disappointment while clicking her tongue. I gasp and quickly gripped onto her arm,

 

"I'm just kidding! I love ice cream more than life itself!" I exclaim causing her to laugh lidos and nod,

 

"Okay relax you demon, how can I say no to those feline eyes of yours," She teases causing me to giggle and remove my grip from her arm.

 

After a few minutes of driving, I began to smile hearing Lisa singing along to the radio. I've always loved hearing her sing. Especially when I couldn't sleep, she would hold me, play with my hair and sing a song so soothing to the ears that I would sleep instantly.

 

"Wow, I haven't heard you sing in a really long time," I breathe out with slight disappointment laced into the tone of my voice. Lisa nods with small smile,

 

"Well, I'm performing at a festival this Saturday and you're welcome to come," She states. Grinning, I look over to her and nodded,

 

"I'll let you know," I state. She looks over at for a second and smiles in — excitement?

 

"I missed this," She suddenly says. I tilt my head to the side and observed her features that seemed to be slightly tense but also calming. 

 

"Missed what?" I ask. She simply shrugs and flickers her eyes to me for a moment before turning it back to the road,

 

"Talking to you like we use to." She admits. I remain silent for a moment before placing my hand on her thigh and smiling softly,

 

"I did too," I respond, earning a content smile from her lips to be made while she placed her hand over mine.

 

"What changed?" She cautiously asks. I stiffen and slowly looked away from her while removing my hold on her thigh,

 

You fell for the wrong Kim.

 

"I don't know."

 

....................................................

Wednesday 

.....................................................

 

"Do you have a lot of homework to do today?" She asks as she pulls up in front of my house. Not knowing what she wanted, I shook my head while unbuckling my seat belt.

 

"I did it all in school, why?" I ask. I look up and instantly held in my breath as I noticed her staring at me. 

 

"Can I come inside and hang out with you? It's been a while," She says. I focused on her eyes and I just had a feeling that if I say no, nothing good will come out of it. I take in a deep breath and nodded as I tightened my grip on the door handle,

 

"Sure."

 

.....................................................................

 

"Your room seems different since the last time I've been in here," She comments as we enter my room. I chuckle and raise my eyebrows in amusement as I settled my bag down on the floor,

 

"Good thing or bad thing?" I ask. She chuckles and rolls her eyes as she seats herself on the edge of the bed while also scanning my bedroom,

 

"Obviously good, it looks more mature now," She causally says. I laugh and lean my back against my desk while crossing my arms,

 

"Okay, my room was not that childish," I point out. She chuckles and nods her head while smiling brightly towards me,

 

"Yeah, you really grew up Jen," She says as she looks at me straight in the eyes causing my heart to double its rhythm. Something grew in the atmosphere in th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter