Come Back Be Here

Come Back Be Here
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You said it in a simple way, 4 am the second day, how strange that I don't know you at all.

"Irene, do you wanna have dinner with me tomorrow night?" Seulgi asked as she was packing her camera and the other equipments she had used during the photoshoot.

Seulgi is one of the most famous photographers in South Korea who is also well known internationally. She was contacted to do the rising model Irene's photoshoot today and as soon as her bestfriend Lisa mentioned Irene's name, she agreed right then and there and didn't hesitate to fly back to SoKor the next day. Besides the fact that she's doing a very last minute favor for Lisa, on behalf of her model girlfriend Jennie of course, Seulgi didn't want to miss the opportunity in finally meeting Irene.

"Huh?" Irene was taken a back. She heard what the photographer had asked but she wanted to make sure she heard her correctly.

"Dinner. Tomorrow night. With me?" Seulgi repeated with a smile.

"Oh. Too forward are we? Uhm, sorry I don't just go to dinner with people I don't know." Irene answered.

"We know each other. We were introduced earlier. Jennie is your bestfriend who is Lisa's girlfriend who happens to be my bestfriend so we're somewhat acquainted."

"Is that so? Hmm, I mean you got a point there."

Seulgi smirked. "Besides, I want to get to know you more if that's okay with you. And if you don't enjoy my company, I promise you can leave as soon as you please."

What do I have to lose anyway? It'll be another boring Friday night and Seulgi seems nice and good looking too. Irene thought. "Okay, sure I'll go out with you tomorrow night."

They exchanged phone numbers.

"Thank you by the way, Seulgi-ssi."

"Don't thank me yet beautiful, we still have tomorrow."

"No I meant for today, the photoshoot?" The model laughs. "It's super last minute and I really appreciate you coming here."

"Oh that, no problem at all. I'd do it again in a heartbeat for you."

Irene shook her head and smiled. "Are you always this charming to all your models?"

"Nah, only for a certain woman named Bae Irene."

"Joohyun."

"Hmm?" The taller girl asked.

"You can call me Joohyun. It's my real name." She doesn't know why but she felt comfortable revealing that personal information to the monolid girl in front of her whom smiling widely at her in return.

Stumbled through the long goodbye 

One last kiss then catch your flight

Right when I was just about to fall.

Needless to say, the dinner between the two went good. No, it went great! It was followed by a couple of brunches, movie night, Seulgi bringing lunch to Irene's scheduled shoots to make sure she doesn't skip a meal and double dates with their friends Jennie and Lisa. Next thing they know, a week has gone by and Seulgi had to return to New York, where her job is currently based at.

They're walking hand in hand towards the security check point. No one's saying anything but Seulgi's grip on Irene's hand gets tighter and tighter the closer they get to their destination.

Seulgi sighed. "So, this is me." As she points to the gate with her free hand.

"Yeah, it seems like it." Irene smiled but it didn't reached her eyes. "You have everything right? You didn't forget anything Seulgi-yah?"

"No, I'm sure Hyun. You did check my bags maybe once or twice." She laughs.

Irene playfully smacks the younger girl's arm. "Yah! I just don't want you to leave anything behind that you might need."

Seulgi was looking at her with a sad but loving eyes. "I already am."

The older girl can't help but blush so she looked away. "Stop it. Go on, you don't want to miss your flight." But Irene herself do not want to let go of Seulgi's hand.

I told myself don't get attached but in my mind I play it back.

Spinning faster than the plane that took you.

"Hey. Look at me." Seulgi gently lifted Irene's chin up so she can face her. "I promise to call you as soon as I land okay?"

"Okay."

"I'll miss you so much Hyunnie."

Irene couldn't resist it anymore as she wrapped her arms around Seulgi's neck and hugged her. "I'll miss you too Seul."

When they finally let go of each other, Seulgi leaned in and kissed Irene. Not on the lips, but the right corner of , just an inch closer. "I'll see you in a month."

And with that, Seulgi made her way to the gate.

And this is when the feeling sinks in, I don't wanna miss you like this.

Come back, be here, come back, be here.

I guess you're in New York today. I don't wanna need you this way.

Come back, be here. Come back, be here.

A week has passed. They don't call each other everyday because of their busy schedules but they make sure to check on one another by sending text messages to see how they were doing.

Week 2. Irene hasn't heard from Seulgi in three days. She is currently in a collab photoshoot with her bestfriend Jennie.

"Okay let's take a lunch break guys. When we come back, we're changing the theme. Irene-ssi, Jennie-ssi," The photgrapher called out, "Great job so far, you ladies are very lovely. I'll see you in an hour."

"Thank you Sunbanim!" Both models bowed.

Just in time, Lisa arrived with food in hand and joined her girlfiend and Irene on the table.

"Finally! I'm starving!!! What took you so long Lalisa?" Jennie reached for the container bags.

"Wow. I'm doing great Babe, thanks for asking. No kiss and not even a proper greeting." Lisa pouted and mumbled the last sentence to herself.

Jennie playfully rolled her eyes. "Aww, I'm just kidding Babe. Come here so I can kiss that pouty face of yours."

She pulled Lisa in and gave her girlfriend a proper kiss on the lips. Of course that was enough for the young dancer to be smiling like a kid, she's very whipped for her sassy girl after all.

The delicate beginning rush

The feeling you can know so much

Without knowing anything at all.

Irene was just watching her friends being cheesy with each other. It reminded her when Seulgi used to bring food during her photoshoots. Oh how she misses the monolid girl and her big appetite. The bear-liked woman can eat alot and not gain weight.

Irene smiles and think to herself. "I wish you were here Seul. Why haven't you called me? I hope you come back soon." Her inner monologue was interrupted when Jennie spoke.

"Are you expecting a phone call Unnie? You've been constantly glancing, checking your phone."

"Huh? Uhm, uh no. I was just wondering what time is it, you know we only have an hour of break so I, uh, just want to make sure we finish eating on time."

Jennie gave her a knowing look but just let it go. She knows her bestfriend misses a certain indivudual but just refuses to admit it.

"I brought enough food for the three of us Unnie, please have some." Lisa handed Irene a container of tteokbokki. "Jennie told me this is your favorite, please eat well."

Irene smiled widely in excitement. "Thank you Lisa! I knew I like you for a reason."

"Yah! Lalisa! Joohyun-unnie already approved of you for me, you don't have to keep trying to impress her." Jennie commented.

Lisa chuckles. "I know that Babe. I'm also looking out for our Unnie on Seulgi's behalf." She turns to Irene.

Irene was surprised to hear this.

"That bear of yours told me make sure you're always eating on time during your busy sched. She's not here to take care of you and remind you so even though I am your dongsaeng, I promised t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter