All it took was a bowl of ramen

All it took was a bowl of ramen

It was raining hard that night.

 

And Baekhyun thought it was an ideal weather to eat ramen. And he also thought it was a good idea to drag Kyungsoo along with him too.

 

And Sehun and Jongin was a free package that came along with Baekhyun. Everywhere he goes,

They tag along. Like a momma bear and her Cubs. Kyungsoo laughed at his Own thought. But he didn't find himself to dislike their presence either.

 

So,four grown up man, was now sitting in a small ramen shop just across their company building. Chugging down bottles of soju.With half empty bowls of ramen.

 

"Ahh hyung, me and Jongin are gonna grab some milks from store real quick. Okay?"

 

Ah.

Kyungsoo wondered what kind of milk Sehun was talking about.

 

"Why do you want to buy milk?" Baek kind of dumbly asked

 

"I have a meeting tomorrow hyung. Early morning. Can't have my face all bloated."

 

"Yeah don't be late. Your ramen will get soggy." And wordlessly

Two male left the ramen shop. And Kyungsoo knew, they weren't going to come back for the night.

 

Again, Why was he drinking soju with ramen? Most probably because of Baekhyun.

 

“ Soju is koreans’ favourite drink for a reason. Goes with anything and everything.” He remembers Baekhyun saying earlier when they were ordering.

 

Kyungsoo made a mental note to drink some milk after reaching home. Baekhyun was sitting next to him. Blabbering something about his supervisor did to him this morning.

 

"That piece of Wu, dropped five files at my table this moring." Baek stated and put a large portion of his extra hot ramen in his mouth . Why was he eating extra hot ramen again? Kyungsoo thought. He can't eat spicy s either. And then Kyungsoo realized he's having too much "why's" this evening. It made him feel very weird.

 

"What's wrong with five files. It's just five ."

 

Baekhyun let out an offended gasp.

 

"yeah, there's nothing wrong with five files when you're told to submit them before lunch." Baek crossed his arms over his chest and pressed his lips into one line tightly.

 

"If you press your lips like that, they are gonna disappear someday."

 

"You think you're any better? Dwarf with ducky lips." Baek said teasingly. And as always it made Kyungsoo smile. It has become a habit of his to tease Baekhyun about his lips. Those thin lips made him look like a puppy. A kicked puppy to be precise. Somehow Kyungsoo felt grateful, because he had someone like Baekhyun in his life.

 

Kyungsoo was already done with his ramen. Thank goodness he didn't think of eating extra spicy like Baekhyun. The rain outside made the inside of the shop more humid. And he can see Baekhyun having difficulty to finish his bowl.

 

" You know, even your choice of food indicates that you're an idiot."

 

"What the did I do now duck face?" Baek's face was red from the heat and spice. He looked adorable. Kyungsoo thought.

 

"Yeah, look at yourself. Your face looks like you're a woman in labor. It's so ing red. Also you're sweating so much. Who eats extra spicy ramen in a hot day like this." Kyungsoo hands him a tissue paper. His nose was flowing like there is no tomorrow.

 

" wow, why are you being so nice all of a sudden?"

 

"I'm not being nice. It's just your sleeves are gonna look so soiled tomorrow with your dried snot. I feel pity for you."

 

Glaring back at his friend, Baek started eating again.

 

It was a bad decision after all. He can't finish his bowl. He was sweating. A lot. Like a woman in labor indeed.

Why does this smart has to come up with so precise things so .

Baekhyun popped some buttons of his shirt.

He needs to cool down a bit. Kyungsoo yet again was thinking of something to say to Baekhyun. But found himself not doing so.

 

Kyungsoo always thought his friends were very good looking. Baekhyun was no exception.

 

But today, at this particular time, he thought something was a bit different about Baekhyun.

 

He felt weird.

 

But it felt nice.

 

Baekhyun was fanning himself With the hand fan he always keeps with him. He has his sleeves rolled up to his elbow and three of his shirt's button open. And his attempt to let some air into his shirt was doing no fair.

 

A very pale and supposedly smooth skin was peeking through those slim fingers that were pulling on the collar of the owner's shirt slightly. Baekhyun must have been feeling really hot. his chest was flushed red.

 

Kyungsoo couldn't understand why was he thinking like this. Something must be very weird happening with him.

 

And that long neck,

 

So white and beautiful. And those lips that were so teased by Kyungsoo himself looked so plump. Maybe it's because of the hot ramen Baekhyun was eating.

 

That flushed chest looked like a blooming flower to Kyungsoo. So delicate and beautiful. And those lips,softer than....

 

He suddenly wanted to know how soft they were. He wanted to press his own ones against whose thin lips. It's weird

 

Cause Kyungsoo always told Baekhyun that no one would be able to kiss him cause there is no lips at all.

 

Then how come he was wanting to kiss his best friend.?

 

"what are you staring at duck face" Baekhyun stopped fanning himself for a bit.

 

" You know I think something very weird is happening with me."

 

"Yeah? How so?"

 

" I don't know. But suddenly, I feel like kissing you."

 

The fanning stopped and and Baekhyun's eyes widened a bit. But soon they became a curved and Baekhyun fell into a fit of laughter.

 

"You're not even drunk yet Soo"

 

"Yeah..I know." Kyungsoo traced his fingers on the exposed skin of the male sitting next to him. Feeling the heat and skin under his finger tips. But Baekhyun didn’t resist either.

 

" This is why it feels very weird"

 

Soo let his palm touch the skin of Baek's face. It feels warm.

 

Very warm.

 

Unconsciously his thumb traced the outline of those thin lips. Feeling the soft flesh .

 

" Don't mind me but.. you know what Baekhyun, you are so ing pretty."

 

" yeah don’t mind me either but you know Soo, you sound like a man who's trying to flirt with me to get in my pants."

 

" Yeah?" hands firmly grabbing the back of the other male's neck Kyungsoo slightly pulled him forward.

 

Before Baekhyun could even feel the breath of the other male on his face, he found a very soft pair of lips were pressing lightly against his own. And it was gone as fast as it came.

 

Baekhyun stared dumbly at his best friend. What did just happen.

 

"did you just kiss me? Or am I being delusional because I feel like I'm melting because I ate so much spicy ramen." Baekhyun looked a bit confused.

 

" Yeah.. I guess I did kiss you. "

 

" oh.."

 

" Yeah ...."

 

"So... What does this kiss mean though.. are we something like boyfriends now ?"

 

" Would you like that though puppy?" Kyungsoo asked with a smile.

 

" I think it won't be as bad , duck face"

 

This time, they both leaned in.

And the kiss lasted a bit longer. Kyungsoo blamed it on Baekhyun's lips again. Saying it was so difficult to even properly slot his lips against Baekhyun's. But he didn't dislike it. Maybe more practice would make it better.