end

Towards Different Paths
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Okay, I think that's enough practice and filming for today. We don't want you guys too exhausted for the live show tomorrow. You can have the rest of the evening to relax" One of the staffs announced through the big practice room

 

It's the trainees' last day today at the dorms since they will be filming the final and live episode tomorrow. It means that tomorrow will be the judgment day for all of them. There will only be 11 trainees who will be debuting among the remaining 20 trainees in the show. 

 

All of them would agree on one thing, that is, time flies too fast. It felt like it was only yesterday when they were just doing their first audition and there were a total of 101 trainees on this camp. Now, they're down to 20 and tomorrow, the 11 of them will have the chance to be the members of the new group that would captivate a whole lot of people around the world.

 

Everyone was really nervous, who won't be? This is their dream, and they had been doing everything they could just to achieve those dreams. Everyone wanted to debut, for the sake of themselves and their dreams.

 

They all cheered up when the staff announced that they're done for the day. They all wanted to have fun without thinking about what would happen the next day. For just a while, they wanted to spend time together not as trainees who are competing against each other, but instead as friends who have each others' backs.

 

"Hey guys, since it's our last day here and we don't have to practice anymore, why don't we do something fun?" Yuvin exclaimed excitedly

 

"I'm up for it, but what should we do?" Donghyun replied with the same energy

 

"Hmm, how about we eat ramyeon and snacks" Dohyon suggested

 

"Yah! Dohyon-ah, we just ate dinner a while ago, you're hungry again" Hangyeol said amused

 

"What? I like eating" Dohyon replied with a pout

 

"How about, we watch a movie or something that's fun" Junho suggested

 

"Ooooh! I like movies. We can watch End Game, I think one of the staff has a copy of it" Yohan said

 

"Can we ask the staff if we can use that room with the big screen where we watched out auditions before?" Jinhyuk asked excitedly

 

"Jinhyuk hyung! Since you have that idea why don't you ask them" Mingyu said teasingly

 

"Mingyu hyung is right, I mean I heard one of the staff fangirling about Jinhyuk hyung a few days ago" Hyeongjun said then did a high five with Mingyu

 

Jinhyuk smiled fondly at his two dongsaengs, not because of the statement but due to their closeness. Jinhyuk is really happy that everyone is close to each other even though they are all competing against one another. Jinhyuk is oblivious among the heavy glares thrown on his back by a very sulky Wooseok. 

 

"Uh-oh, someone's jealous on this side of the room" Seungwoo whispered teasingly

 

"I'm not jealous hyung" Wooseok replied glaring at the older man

 

"He didn't say it was you though" Seungyoun playfully replied

 

"Shut up" Wooseok exclaimed as blush crept on his cheeks painting it light red. While the two other guys made a fist bump

 

Wooseok turns his gaze back to his 'secret boyfriend' who happens to be enjoying the fact that a staff was crushing on him. He didn't expect to catch the older man's gaze back at him. As soon as their eyes met, he could feel that same pull he always feels whenever Jinhyuk stares at him like that which makes him giddy and weak at the same time. He could feel his knees weakening when the older smiled at him lovingly and winked.

 

"Omo~ Wooseok-ah are you feeling okay? Your whole face is red. Did you fall?.... in love?" Seungyoun teased again and Wooseok glared at him. Seungwoo just chuckled.

 

Good thing no one heard the other. The thing is there are only a few people who knows about their relationship. Their family of course, UP10TION members, some trusted people in their company and some of their friends which include Han Seungwoo, Ch Seungyoun, Choi Byungchan, Kim Yohan, Cha Junho and Lee Jinwoo

 

Jinhyuk and Wooseok have been together for a little more than 2 years now. It was the typical love story between 2 best friends who happen to love each other more than they should be. Jinhyuk and Wooseok have been close even before they debuted as UP10TION, they were best friends who knows each other more than anyone else. One day though, Wooseok just felt something more for his best friend. He got scared so he distanced himself from the older which lead to some petty arguments but ended with sweet confessions. Apparently, Jinhyuk have been harboring his feelings for Wooseok as more than best friends. Thus, they ended up together.

 

Wooseok have always been thankful to Jinhyuk because he never left him and was always there for him whenever he needed someone. When he had some issues with his mental health and had to take a long leave from their group, Jinhyuk never failed to call him every single day asking him about everything and anything. The other made sure that he won't feel alone and he'd always tell him how much he loves Wooseok and that he's waiting for him no matter how long it would take as long as he'll come back. 

 

For Wooseok, Jinhyuk is his moon because the older has given light to his world when he couldn't see anything due to the different issues and problems he had. It doesn't matter if Wooseok was happy or sad, Jinhyuk has always been there for him just like the moon and the other man never failed to assure him that he'll always be there for him.

 

The 20 trainees have setup the big screen with the help of the staffs so that they can watch movies together. Everyone got their snacks and watch the movie. Before they can start though, their favorite CEO came to see them and gave them encouraging words for the next day before he joined them in watching the movie.

 

Wooseok glance around him, and he saw Jinhyuk on the other side explaining to Dongpyo what was going on with the movie. He smiled and continue to look at his fellow trainees. 

 

He spotted Yohan lying down on the floor with his head on Junho's lap while the other caresses his hair naturally, gazes were focused on the screen but their bodies moving on instinct.

 

The trainees started to evacuate the practice room as they all felt the exhaustion from the endless practice for their big day tomorrow. They all know they needed sleep so they'll have energy for tomorrow's live broadcast.

 

It had probably been an hour or two since they all went to bed yet Wooseok can't sleep. He closed his eyes and tried to sleep a couple of times but there were a lot of thoughts swimming inside his head, both good and bad. He can't help but wonder about what would happen to them tomorrow when the debut line up is announce. He knew he would be grateful if he makes it but he would be so much happier if Jinhyuk would be there with him, afterall his world needs his moon by his side so he'd feel safe all the time. 

 

Realizing he won't get sleepy any soon he sat up on his bed and walked out of the room careful not to wake up anyone. He went to the room beside theirs, only one person could make him sleep when he's not able to. He hesitated at first since he didn't want to bother his boyfriend in the middle of the night but he needs him right now. 

 

Wooseok was careful not to make any noise to avoid disturbing others. He had to be extra careful climbing up since Jinhyuk was sleeping on the top bunk. Once he got up he carefully lied down beside the older and snuggle close to him. He buried his face on Jinhyuk's chest and hug him tightly.

 

"Hmmm" Jinhyuk moaned quietly as he stirred on his sleep

 

Realizing that someone had sneaked into his bed and knowing exactly who it was, he returned the hug and kissed the top of Wooseok's head

 

"Hey, everything okay?" Jinhyuk whispered

 

Wooseok did not answer immediately, instead he snuggled more to Jinhyuk's body, his face was now burried on the older's neck sniffing it lightly

 

"I can't sleep" Wooseok murmured against Jinhyuk's neck

 

Jinhyuk hummed and hugged him more, rubbing soothing circles on his back. They stayed like that for a couple of minutes before Jinhyuk speaks

 

"What are you thinking?" Jinhyuk asked 

 

Wooseok smiled at himself thinking about how much Jinhyuk knows him too well. He always thinks that lying or hiding something from Jinhyuk would be futile since the other knows him too well.

 

 

"I'm just thinking about what will happen tomorrow, to us especially" Wooseok said, suddenly all the bad thoughts came to his mind

 

Jinhyuk stayed silent, he knows better than to interrupt his boyfriend when he's like this. He just continue to rub Wooseok's back and occasionally kisses his head. A couple of minutes later, he could feel Wooseok's body shaking. He knows he's crying so he just hugs him tighter and kisses his forehead whispering some assuring words.

 

Wooseok pulled away from the hug slightly, just enough for him to look at Jinhyuk's face

 

"J-Jinhyuk-ah... I'm really scared... W-What if... o-only one of us m-makes it?... The c-contract is for f-five years... I don't think I c-can survive w-without you..." Wooseok said in between sobs, his blurry eyes looking at his boyfriend sadly. Jinhyuk wiped away his tears with his thumb and kisses the tip of his nose lovingly, he didn't really know what to say because they both know everything will not be okay if they ended up being separated

 

"I can't go back to UP10TION alone nor can I survive in that new group without you. I'm actually starting to regret joining this stupid competition. We should've stayed with our members instead I--" Wooseok was cut off when Jinhyuk pecked his lips

 

"You don't mean that. I know you had so much fun for the past 100 days and besides we made some new friends. It's sad that there's a big possibility that I wouldn't make it tomorrow but hey, don't you trust me? Maybe I'd rank higher than you or I could even steal away that center spot from Yohan" Jinhyuk tried to cheer his boyfriend by joking

 

"I would be really happy if that happens. Actually I don't care what rank we would end up to or if we both don't make it as long as you'll be with me I'll be forever grateful for that" Wooseok said truthfully, eyes starting to form new tears again. Jinhyuk wiped away the tears that successfully ran down Wooseok's face. 

 

Wooseok holds Jinhyuk's hand which was on his face and he snuggled his cheeks to it, closing his eyes. He loves this guy so much and he doesn't know what to do without him. He opens his eyes and he saw that Jinhyuk was staring at him lovingly but there was a hint of fear and uncertainty on those eyes that made him want to scream because Jinhyuk doesn't deserve to be sad nor scared. Wooseok kisses Jinhyuk's palm before he cl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter