End

The Rain, Jung Wheein, and Hot Chocolate

Jung Wheein hates the rain. Loathes it even. The inconvenience that it brings her when she's going to work, the wet socks, bag, and clothes that she's sure would later give her a cold. Not to mention that it was pretty late already and she can't go out there to flag a cab to take her home.

She sighs for god knows how many times now and stares, or glares, at the raindrops flowing down the cafe's large windows.

Just as she was about to sigh again, the sound of something being put on her table jolts her from her glare fest with the window. She looks at the steaming mug of what seems to be hot chocolate, then to the hand that placed it there, and to the orbs that bears the same shade of brown as the drink on her table.

Forest brown meets chocolate.

Wheein realizes she's staring and remembers that she could speak.

"Uhm I'm sorry but I didn't order this," she pointed at the mug.

The waitress chuckles, a light and almost bell-like sound that tickles the ears. One that Wheein wants to hear again.

"Oh, this one's on me," the waitress said. "I noticed that you were sighing and glaring at the window for a while now.

I don't know what the window did to you but I don't think you should glare at it like that."

The waitress pauses to look at Wheein, who's been grinning since she found out about the free drink, and smiles.

"Even our windows melt when stared at by pretty girls like you."

Wheein throws her head back and laughs, not noticing the faint blush on the waitress' cheeks when she did.

"Really? Thank you." Wheein exclaimed. She picks up the mug and smells the enticing aroma of chocolate. She hesitates a little bit but when she sees the waitress turning around to leave, she speaks.

"Are you free right now?" Wheein asked. She's surprised with how squeaky her voice sounded. Before her embarrassment catches up, she continues. "The rain won't be stopping any time soon so I was hoping that we could, I don't know, keep each other company?"

The waitress is facing her now with an amused smile on her face that did nothing but made Wheein even more embarrassed.

"I'll be done in 5 so just sit there and look pretty, yeah?" With a wave, she goes back to the counter and entertains a customer who seems to be having a bad day because of the rain.

Wheein internally jumps in giddiness and pats her back for having the guts to talk to a beautiful, albeit flirty, stranger.

She later finds out that the beautiful waitress' name is Yongsun and, like her, can't leave because of the heavy rain.

While laughing at Yongsun's story on how she mistakenly wore pink slip-ons to work because she was late, Wheein thinks that maybe the rain isn't that bad after all.