Not alone anymore

United we stand
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: hello everyone and this is what will hopefully be a decent oneshot for my newly acquired lovely twitter son, who has been very sweet, nice, funny, and good to talk to, I hope you enjoy this :) but it’s basically about teenage couple seulrene who are about to both be facing some hardships together, and how they overcome said hardships and what it will mean for their relationship, I hope it’s a decent fic for everyone and please enjoy :)

 

Sponsor mentions:: As always, thank you very much to my sponsors. I appreciate all of you so much: fabricsoftener, AvryGeist171,royalshipper2122, DTHDHR, Bernkaset, Casti1004, jasonds,  ZombieJuhyun, Rita_1211, sleepyRu, Karasxo, falsuki, wittyadie95, Fantasiii, Km62201n, Eris78, captainsnsd, User_name1200, Androsssss, pinkpinkypin, TwFishy, hiraiim-trash, theRequiem78, jyrus_21, Alexausta, Mmm2392, Seosunny, and cwright01. Thank you so much for being sponsors. ^^






 

Being together with someone for a long time makes it easy to know when something is troubling them, sometimes without words being said, you can know that there’s something bothering your significant other. This was the predicament that 17-year-old, Bae Joohyun found herself in with her girlfriend, Kang Seulgi. The two teens have been in each other’s lives since smaller kids, and eventually began dating in their first year of high school. It’s been three years of an official relationship and Joohyun couldn’t love Kang Seulgi more if she tried, the girl is just so sweet, loving, and thoughtful in many ways. Seulgi was easy to care about and in turn easy to fall in love with. They’ve been together a long time, not just in a romantic sense, but really as best friends, and that was why Joohyun knew something was troubling her girlfriend before Seulgi would even say.


 

The first and most obvious sign was the fact Seulgi wasn’t answering her phone, and Seulgi doesn’t ignore her calls or texts. The first day she didn’t want to think anything of it, but when Joohyun went the whole weekend without hearing a word from Seulgi, it only caused worry. 

 

“This isn’t like you, Seul.” She sighs and cuts off her phone after hearing the voicemail again, there’s something wrong indeed and Joohyun must find out. Her plan was to seek out her girlfriend at school tomorrow and find out. Surely, Joohyun can get to the bottom of what’s going on with her girlfriend.

 

“I wouldn’t worry, Hyun.” Her mother tried to tell her, in order to help her daughter calm down some. She could see that Joohyun has been worried and stressing out about the fact that she hasn’t heard from Seulgi in a few days.

 

“But, mom, it’s not like us to go this long without talking. I really think there’s something wrong.”

 

Mrs. Bae looks at her daughter with a concerned look and hugs her. She has watched her daughter and Seulgi grow up together as kids, who became such close friends, to an eventual relationship. As any mother who would observe her child’s relationship, Mrs. Bae has never seen anything out of the ordinary with the pair. Her daughter and Seulgi are a typical sweet and adorable couple, whom you don’t really see one without the other, so she can understand why it’s unusual for Joohyun to not hear from her.

 

“Let’s not think the worst, sweetie. I’m sure you will talk to Seul tomorrow at school, and it’ll be alright.”

 

“Thanks, mom, I hope so.”

 

She’s a part of a lot of school clubs, similar to how Joohyun is involved with school clubs, and it would be noticed if either of them weren’t around. had never witnessed anything out of the ordinary. Her daughter and Seulgi were like any sweet and adorable pair, whom you didn’t really see one without the other. Mrs. Bae does understand why Joohyun would feel a little strange having gone an entire weekend without talking to Seulgi, when they are always in some form of contact.

 

“I understand, sweetie.” Mrs. Bae agrees. “But, try not to worry, maybe Seul was just busy with school activities, you both are apart of school clubs, you know?”

 

While it’s true that she and Seulgi both have other extracurricular outside of school, such as Seulgi’s art club, and her own student government meetings, but they also have their shared dance club that they spend all of their time together. Even if they can both get busy with school, it doesn’t mean they don’t have daily contact, even if it’s just through texts, she and Seulgi always talk. Joohyun just knows there’s something going on.

 

“I know, mom, but…” Joohyun stops. “Never mind, I’ll try not to worry and see her at school tomorrow.”

 

“I’m sure things will be fine, Hyun.”

 

“I hope so, mom.”

 

The teen had done her best to not think too much, and promised herself that she would just go to school the following day and see her girlfriend. She would greet Seulgi with a hug and kiss first before confronting her about why the whole weekend passed without hearing from her. This was the plan of course, but when she arrived at school the following day, it was clear from their friends that they had seen no sign of Seulgi.

 

“She’s not here, Joohyun.” 

 

“She’s not?” Joohyun whispers in surprise. Seulgi is not the kind of person who would not be at school, it’s just not like her. Seulgi will come to school even when she’s sick, and Joohyun remembers a time in particular where she had to convince her girlfriend to go home.

 

(Flashback)

 

Joohyun knew that Seulgi was sick and not feeling well, despite how much her girlfriend protested. The shorter of the two watched her girlfriend who at times seemed like she would pass out.

 

“I’m fine, Hyun.”

 

“I’m feeling okay, Hyun.”

 

“You’re worrying for nothing, Hyun.”

 

All these and more were words Seulgi told Joohyun to make her not worry, but of course Joohyun worried anyway. She could tell Seulgi wasn’t fine and it was hope to convince Seulgi to go at least stay home tomorrow, but Seulgi kept on saying she was fine. It was probably her will alone that kept Seulgi functional through the day, except when Joohyun found her girlfriend with her head down on the desk of an empty classroom. 

 

“Seul?” She whispers and pushes her brown locks away from her face, Seulgi just looks so exhausted and pale.

 

“Hyun?” She answers softly without looking up. 

 

“You are definitely sick, babe. I don’t care what you say anymore.” 

 

A pair of warm, monolid eyes open and Seulgi looks up groggily toward Joohyun. The taller of the two can’t deny any longer that she’s sick. She did her best to go about her day, but now Seulgi doesn’t think she has enough energy to do anything.

 

“Yeah, I feel lousy.”

 

“Of course, you do.” Joohyun smiles and kisses the side of her face. “Let me make sure you get home alright, and you will stay in bed, don’t force yourself to come tomorrow.”

 

“But, Hyun…”

 

Joohyun gently places a finger to her lips, effectively silencing Seulgi.

 

“Let me just take care of you, alright?”

 

The soft and concerned tone of voice that makes Seulgi nod, she can’t fault her girlfriend for simply wanting to help take care of her.

 

“Alright, Hyun, you can care for me.”

 

(End)


 

Joohyun wonders for a brief moment if Seulgi is sick again, and just not telling her. She knows her girlfriend is the type to not want to say what’s going on, because she doesn’t like worrying her. However, Joohyun would worry more if she doesn’t know what’s going on.

 

“We can text you if we see or hear from her, Joohyun.”

 

“Thank you, I appreciate that. Please let me know if you see or hear from Seul, I’m worried about her.”

 

“We will, Joohyun, don’t worry.”

 

Don’t worry.

 

Again, she’s hearing the words to not worry. But that’s easier said than done, as all she can think about is Seulgi and if there’s anything wrong. For now, all Joohyun can do is go to class and hopefully use her lunch break to find out anything. They do have a shared class together, and if Joohyun doesn’t see her in it, then she will most certainly be more worried than ever. The teen can’t shake this awful feeling that there is truly something wrong, no matter how many people tell her not to worry. Joohyun checks her phone again to see there’s no text from Seulgi.

 

“I hope you’re okay, baby.”


 

While, Joohyun headed for her first class of the day, Kang Seulgi was waking up to the sound of loud cars honking a matter of feet from her ear. The monolid teen is slightly startled from the noise, but doesn’t sit up yet.

 

“I’m late for school.” Seulgi thinks and looks at her watch. Although, technically she had no intention of going to school today. In truth, Seulgi isn’t sure when she’s going to go back to school. There’s a lot that’s uncertain for her at this moment.

 

“Hey, kid.” A man walks by. “You shouldn’t be sleeping on the bench like that, you could be robbed or hurt, you know?”

 

“Yeah, thanks, sir.”

 

Seulgi sits up and the man looks at her with concern before walking off. She supposes she does look out of place sleeping on this bench, at the moment Seulgi kind of has no choice where she stays. A few days ago, before the weekend started, she had been kicked out of the apartment she was living in, although she did have fair warning about what was going to happen, there was just no way she could come up with the rent money in time. Her aunt had let her know the other month that time would be the last time she would help.

 

“I won’t be sending money to you any longer, Seulgi.” She can still remember the heartless tone to her Aunt’s voice that hadn't been there before. Seulgi had been so stunned by her Aunt that she had gone into a bit of a shock at first, but still carried on about her school days acting as if she didn’t have the very real worry of having nowhere else to go in a month’s time.

 

“I’m so hungry.” Seulgi hasn’t had a proper meal in a few days too, for now she’s been lucky to get fed from some nice store owners, although those were only small things like chips and sodas. Seulgi hadn’t told anyone the current situation, even though there’s one person who must know and soon.

 

“I don’t know how I’m going to tell, Hyun.”

 

Joohyun has been texting her and for the time being she does have cell service, for how long, Seulgi can’t be sure. At the least, the teen knows she needs to talk to Joohyun and soon. Her girlfriend is the sweetest, kindest, and most wonderful person Seulgi knows. She remembers how things were for her last year, and how difficult everything was then, but she had Joohyun, and that helped to not be alone because she had someone she loved in her life making sure she didn’t feel like she was.

 

(Flashback)

 

Seulgi found herself sitting in a park after what was without a doubt the hardest day of her young life. Today was the day the 16-year-old had to say goodbye to both her parents. Seulgi wasn’t sure how she actually got through sitting at their funeral and dealing with all the emotions that came with saying goodbye. Well, she does know one of the reasons why she got through it and Seulgi can see the dark-haired girl making her way toward her. Joohyun looks like the most beautiful sight in the world to her, with her pretty features, pale skin, and chocolate brown eyes. Seulgi would normally smile, only at this time she can’t bring herself to do so.

 

“How’d you…” Seulgi doesn’t get to finish because Joohyun gets to her and wraps her arms tightly around the slightly taller girl. Joohyun knew when Seulgi disappeared from the funeral service, that she could find her girlfriend right here at this park.  They used to play here a lot as kids, and Joohyun had the feeling Seulgi felt drawn to coming here.

 

“I had a feeling you would come here, Seul. I can’t imagine what you’re going through fully, babe. I just want to be here for you in anyway I can.”

 

Today, is truly the hardest day in her life, all because a drunk driver decided it was smart to get behind the wheel and ultimately take her parents from her. Seulgi isn’t sure how she will cope with this loss, but does know it would be worse for her if she didn’t have Joohyun with her.

 

“I don’t know what I’m going to do now, Hyun, but thank you for being here with me.”

 

(End)


 

It was the worst time in her life, having to make sense of her parents being gone and no longer here. Things would have been a lot easier had Seulgi been able to stay at home in her parents house where she lived nearly all her life, but an uncle who had been left with the responsibility of the home said he would not hand over the house to her until she was an adult, who could prove that she could handle all the responsibility that came with home owning, meaning Seulgi couldn’t live in her own home until further notice. The teen had been fortunate to find a cheap place to rent, but she also had help from her Aunt then, help that is now cut off. Seulgi isn’t sure what she’s going to do.

 

“I need to at least see if I can find some food.”

 

The teen gets up, puts her backpack on her back which has some items in it, and walks off. Seulgi can’t go to school now, as she can’t face Joohyun, or any of their friends. She doesn’t want anyone to see her out here like this, although she knows that it’s not realistic to hide from Joohyun forever. Seulgi supposes she will figure out by the time she has to see her girlfriend, if Joohyun will even be her girlfriend for much longer. The possibility of them having to break up because of her current situation has crossed the teen’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter