Prologue

Adept AU - The Fairy Trilogy

Fire rages everywhere on a desolate landscape.

The Great Titan has destroyed much of what could have been there, as well as much of the world at large. At a towering 10 meters, it is nothing but a monster without reason. It serves only the Four Horsemen as means to exact their will: usher a never-ending era of chaos, all in the name of their master. They were:

Diablus, the horseman of Conquest, conjurer of Water.
Galaxius, the horseman of War, conjurer of Air.
Plutonus, the horseman of Famine, conjurer of Earth.
Volcanus, the horseman of Death, conjurer of Fire.

“Remember! Once we clean up this town, we move North!” calls Diablus.

Galaxius is undeterred. “Oh, come on! We know that there will always be stragglers, so let’s stick here until we can confirm no survivors!” he yells.

Plutonus is unamused. “Always wanting to fulfill his bloodlust…” he sighs.

“At least let me have a hand in their DEATHS!” rages Volcanus.

Then, a sudden bolt of lightning strikes the Great Titan and the Four Horsemen.

“Who goes there?!”

As if descending from the heavens, a fairy in a yellow dress with a purple cape and purple boots flies towards the Great Titan and uses her wand to send a stream of lightning to paralyze it.

Then, the fire across town all of a sudden gathers into a giant fire ball. Another fairy emerges wearing a flame-red robe with matching boots and a scarlet cape. She then uses her wand to launch the fire ball towards the Great Titan, angering it.

“RAAAAAAWWWWWRR!!!!!!”

Before it can swing at the two fairies, the Great Titan’s arm begins to freeze. Another fairy in a periwinkle dress and cerulean cape emerges, waving her wand as if enchanting the ice.

Galaxius then begins to swing his blade as if to throw it at the two land-bound fairies, but his arm becomes ensnared in roots rapidly emerging from the ground. Another fairy emerges in a green robe, emerald boots, and chartreuse cape.

Volcanus begins to channel his energy and jumps in the air, preparing to smash his axe into the ground. “PREPARE FOR A STORM OF LAVA TO EVISCERATE YOUR SOULS!”

But his body all of a sudden becomes wrapped in a dark void, stemming from his shadow. A fairy emerges afar from the shadows of the town’s ruins, wearing a witch’s hat, violet robe, black gloves and boots, and bat-like cape.

Diablus sighs as he prepares to rush to the fairies, but is quickly trapped by the ground, as if he were pulled in. Another fairy has made her presence known, with a yellow robe, mahogany cape, and brown boots.

Plutonus, now the only Horseman left, prepares his whip, but is blinded by a mysterious white light that emerges from the dark sky. A fairy in a white robe and matching cape slowly floats down in front of everyone.

“This is your last stand, Four Horsemen,” the fairy announces. “You will terrorize the Earth no more!”

The Great Titan soon breaks from its icy seal and waves at the fairies, barely missing. The Four Horsemen also break from theirs as the battle then rages on. The Fairies use their wands to channel their elements to counter the Horsemen’s attacks, but they are too evenly matched. Although the Great Titan has gradually weakened, it would take millennia to defeat it. Realizing that there was no hope in doing so quickly, the fairy in white calls upon the others.

“Remember as we decided. We have to use our essences to seal this beast!”

They then begin to hover in a circle around the Great Titan, glowing like beacons in the sky. Knowing that this could also spell the end of them, Diablus cues the other Horsemen to retreat.

“We have to leave now!”

“But what about us? What do we do now without the Great Titan? How can we search for our Master?”

“We don’t have a choice! We can discuss this later! Go your own ways and we can find each other later! Lest those blasted incarnates find us together in our weakened state and kill us all!”

The Four Horsemen then separate as the fairies begin to glow brighter, with beams of energy emanating from them that bind the Great Titan. The Great Titan desperately tries to break free, but the beams only get stronger and brighter, until finally, with a flash, its body is gone. The fairies’ bodies have also disappeared, with only orbs of light emanating from where they were. Then, the orbs scatter across the land. Their wands fall to the ground, only to be collected by a mysterious hooded man in a ragged robe.

“So… they chose to seal the Great Titan… at the cost of their physical bodies… now they will have their own incarnates… and they must now learn to protect the seal and defend the Earth…”