Rules, Forms and Tips on How to Request

。・゜゚・.。Circ Du Fr3ak Request Shop。.・゜゚・ 。 [Not Accepting Requests]

General rules (applies to all requests)

·          Do not request while we are closed/busy/on hiatus. All requests made while the shop isn’t taking any will be ignored and only accepted after the shop is open again. 

·          To be able to request, you must subscribe.

·          If you made a mistake in your request and wish to correct it, comment below with the mistake and don't make a new request, because we will only consider the first one.

·          Respect the entire staff, their artwork and HARDWORK: That includes using the posters you requested. However, you are entitled to ask for re-dos in case you are not satisfied with our work.

·          We only take cancelling requests as valid IF it was made through the form: NOT by a wall post and NOT by PM.

·          We can make Re-dos: PM, comment or wall post (the shop's author or the designer you chose) with what you aren't pleased with in your request.

·          Comment below to confirm your request.

·          We recommend you always read the news feed as we give our most important notices there.

 

Wallpapers and icons

·          Provide HQ pictures (if you want), preferably large. 

·          There will be a field where you need to write down your screen size (As in 1800x1200, etc.). If you don't know what size it is, click here

·          PasswordRumPumPumfx

 

Story layout

·         Credit us in your story's foreword!

·         Try NOT hotlinking the pictures you provide us. By the time we get your request (which can take one or two days) the picture you gave us might not be working. 

·         Users who "collect" posters for their stories are not allowed to request. However, replacing an old poster with ours is fine. Also, it is ok to replace OUR poster with a new one (from any other shop) 

·         There is a password!: Sulli-rulez [Write it in the "Mood of the poster/Anything else " field]

·         Character Limit: Poster - 6 Characters  (One entire band can be counted as one character); Character Chart - 13 Characters.

 

FORMS

POSTER

WALLPAPER  - Not accepting requests

JOIN THE TEAM! (GRAPHIC DESIGNER APPLICATION)

CANCEL YOUR REQUEST

ICONS - Not accepting Requests

 

Tips on how to Request

Sooo.. I have been noticing a lot of silly things people put on requests, and although I don't mind them (just kidding, I make fun of them sometimes) I was thinking about calling out on some things some requestors do while requesting, and I am not only speaking about my shop, I am speakign on behalf of all graphic shops in Asianfanfics. Trust me, some graphic designers here lose a lot of time trying to fix some of the mistakes (typos, etc.) some of you guys make in the request forms. So here are a few tips that may help you make the perfect request!

 

 

  • Beware of typos!! I make typos alllll the time, and even our shop was named on a purposedly made typo, but some are just unforgivable. The most common one is "You're/Your" which is in my oppinion a mistake that only 3rd graders would do. You're = YOU ARE = YOU 'RE (The A disappears) and YOUR = possesion. :) Get it right.
  • Characters 
    • If you have an OC character, wither write the name of the OC followed by OC (e.g. Dana Evans (OC)) or don't write her name at all if you just want a poster (e.g. OC) If you want the designer to use a certain ulzzang to be your OC, you can let us know by writing her name on the Anything Else part OR after you write the OC's name (e.g. Dana Evans (Baek Sumin)). Writing JUST the name of the OC without telling us that is an OC means we'll automatically Google them. And after we realize She/He is an OC, we'll feel very dumb.
    •  Don't be shy about describing your story. We put "Short Summary" but you can write a description of your story in the most detailed way you can. I've seen people not describing their story because they don't want to spoil it. Seriously? We're making your poster, we're not new readers. So it would be better if you wrote a summary of your story the same way you'd tell it to yourself. For example: WRONG WAYBella is a shy, quiet girl in a world of snobs and very rude people. Will she survive this awful world? Or will she triumph? There's no way to know, specially when she meets a special guy who has a very different personality. So many twists... RIGHT WAY: Bella is a shy quiet girl who lives surrounded by snobd. She will meet Chen, who is a snob, but he will become nice with time. There's a twist: Chen is a secret spy that works for the FBI. She will become head of FBI and they will live happy forever after.
    • cff
  • Pictures
    • HD PICTURES! 'NUFF SAID.
    • NO SELCA PICTURES. NO. JUST. NO. You can ask any graphic designers. NO SELCA PICTURES.
    • No pictures with close up shots or watermark/text
    • BbP3m69CcAAReFc.jpg None of this. It's so difficult to blend, and it takes time to perfect the correction tool. If you really want it to be in the poster, then I guess it's ok... >_> don't push it, though.
    • Don't tell us to "do our magic". We're amateurs.Not magicians. WE DON'T DO MAGIC, graphic designing is not voodoo stuff, y'all. Give us good pictures, or else you'll get a crappy poster.
    • If you put a black and white picture, you'll get a black and white poster.
  • Don't check Poster and Poster + background Pack at the same time. There's nothing wrong with it, but it confuses me! I've clicked on check boxes accidentally and I always wondered if they clicked wrong.
  • Title: I'm in love with Jonghyun «-- WRONG / I'm in Love with Jonghyun «--- RIGHT.

 

Mood of Poster: PAY ATTENTION TO THIS ONE; GUYS! there many genres and subgenres int he world of asianfanfics, and I'm sure yours fit in one of them no matter how original you think you are. So don't make up words for the kind of poster you want (Although I strongly encourage for you to be as detailed as possible: if you want a picture of the ocean in the poster, let us know! We are here to make your wishes come true. ^^)

Don't write: "The mood of the poster is black/pastel/red/etc.. A mood isn't a color, goddamn it. It's freakign confusing. ._. Write "The mood of the poster is angst/drama/fantasy. I'd like the designer to use pastel colors in the poster." Don't be lazy, guys. If you want the poster you imagines (I know most of you imagine your poster before it's delivered) be as DETAILED as possible.

  • Fantasy
    • Use "Dark Fantasy" only if it has HORROR elements to it (vampires, werewolves, ghosts, scary elve, etc.s). If there ar eonly fairies and pretty little things, it's just FANTASY, not LIGHT FANTASY.
    • Use "Historical Fantasy" If it's a story that happens in medieval times (Lord of Teh Rings, Game Of Thrones, King Arthur fiction, etc.)
    • Science Fantasy is a mix of both genres, kinda like Star Wars (I still don't know what genre it is to be honest.. I consider it fantasy, but I hear a lot of people say Sci-fi because of the weapons and spaceships...)
    • Fairytale if it's a short story with a moral, a few characters and very few settings.
    • Comedy Fantasy - I've seen a bunch of those here. It's pretty normal.
  • Science Fiction
    • Post-Apocalyptic - zombies, apocalipse, end of the world, surviving, etc.
    • Comedy Sci-fi . yep, that exists.
  • Comedy
    • Dark Comedy - means we can put visual gags such as people with bloody knives, shocking movies like Zombieland, all Scary Movie movies, etc. are dark comedy movies.
    • Romance Comedy - VERY common, I think most people get this one right.
    • ATTENTION: If your comedy fanfic (somehow) has some drama/angst in it, IT STILL IS COMEDY. DO NOT write "comedy with slight angst" as mood of the poster because it is IMPOSSIBLE to do that. in case you didn't understand COMEDY AND ANGST DON'T GO TOGETHER IN A POSTER. JUST WRITE COMEDY, if it's mainly a comedy story. 
  • Drama - little comedy and resembles tv dramas. So pretty much if you have a story that isn't mostly funny, and has no fantasy elements in it, it's drama.
    • Romance drama - GUYS, DO NOT WRITE "Light romance" Romance is ALREADY bright and happy. Putting light romance is like writing dark horror. It's redundant.
  • Crime/Mystery - Sherlock, CSI, etc.
  • Horror 
  • Thriller - similar to horror. More dramatic and thoguht provoking. Alfred Hitchcock is pretty good at these. His movies are awesome. Creepy, but awesome.
  • fanfiction-related genres
    • angst - everyone knows this. It's basically drama, but with lots of crying, sobbing and deaths caused by cancer.
    • fluff - cute story with no plot.

For more information, check this list out! :D