Fateful Encounter

Existence of True Love

Fall 2020

it's been six months since Chaeyeon train in YD Entertainment, an agency plus academy that accept Chaeyeon to become one of their trainee. YD Academy is a well known academy where young talented person learn and actually study to be an artist. they specialized three majors which are dance, act and sing. Chaeyeon luckily get accepted as dance trainee with four other trainee this year. if PD-nim favoring any of the trainee, he could debut them and put it into YD Agency as an actual artist. that's the goal, she want it to be an artist in YD Entertainment.

But everything cant go like a straight line, in this six months, it's been like an awful rollercoaster. She have to train 8 hours a day divided into two class, a day class where she studied modern dance and a night class where she studied classical dance. Chaeyeon could easily mastering modern dance but not with classical one. If she dont want to kicked out from the academy at least she needs to get a B in classical dance class. but no matter how hard she tries she can't seem get it right.

"hey Chae, whats wrong?" a ducky face girl approach Chaeyeon.

"i really cant do ballet no matter how hard i try" Chaeyeon confessed she just really messy and frustated. she haven't rest yet after the night class and it's already 9 AM.

"you still wear the same clothes as yesterday, did you you sleep? or do you even wash?"

"i can't... i want at least can get this one part right first"

"jesus chae, get a shower and sleep, get a life, try walking down the street buy coffee and mingle with people. all you do is practice practice and practice"

"but Yena.. i-"

"no buts now get your stinky to shower room and get the out of here, it's a WEEKEND!" Yena dragged her out of practice room and locked the room.

after showering and change to a new clothes Chaeyeon making her way to downtown, trying to get a fresh air and probably a new friend like what Yena suggested. it's been six months she live in Seoul but she still haven't used to with this big city. Thats partly because all she did were only train, train and train. she never really go out to explore the neighborhood.

after a long walk into downtown, she found this cute coffee shop with very classy interior and warm atmosphere. all her life she never try coffee. once she plan to bring Sakura to a coffee shop for a date but she refused, she said coffee is bad for your health. since then she never try to visit coffee shop ever again. but for the first time today, she wants to try new things, also, today is exceptionally cold and Chaeyeon need something that could warm her up.

Chaeyeon make her way to the coffee shop and find the place very cozy and relaxing. she's planning to stay for awhile.

"hello, what can i get for you?" a voice came from a cashier section.

Chaeyeon got startled by the friendly voice. it was the barista, she have a long light brown hair tied, her face is really pretty like an actrees and her sweet innocent smile could melts thousands guys and girls heart, Chaeyeon thought. 

"hello, what can i get for you?" the brunette repeat her word, this time a little louder.

"one cup of coffee please" Chaeyeon said cofidently.

"alright, which coffee do you have in mind?" offering the menu for Chaeyeon to look up to.

as the first timer she really dont know what to order, latte this, espresso that and whats the difference between cappuccino and frappucino? what the hell. Chaeyeon was very confused looking at the menu.

"uhhh... i will have this coffee frappucino" Chaeyeon finally pick, at least it has coffee in it i must be right, she thought.

"would you like to add cream on it?" the barista girl asked.

"you put cream on your coffee?!?" she said in mind. Chaeyeon kinda having a brief mental breakdown, she never knew you could put a cream in your coffee until now and its too late to back out.

"n-no thank you" Chaeyeon said a bit hesitant.

"tall, grande or venti?" the barista girl give her another question in which for Chaeyeon is like a pop quiz.

"what another heck is that?" Chaeyeon thought. she really dont know what the barista is saying. its like a pop quiz your teacher gave you and you havent learn anything yet. 

"with venti, yes please" chaeyeon just pick one of those three names without knowing what it means and she felt glad she can finally get out with it.

"alright, one venti coffee frappucino please" the barista girl shouting the order to another staff.

"whats your name miss?" the barista girl can't stop asking a question, but this time Chaeyeon thinks she's being friendly for asking her name.

"how nice she is, asking my name" Chaeyeon thought.

"uh oh, hi im sorry for not introducing myself, my name is Lee Chaeyeon and im from Busan, nice to meet you! " Chaeyeon answer it lightly and initiate a handshake.

hearing Chaeyeon answer, the barista widening her eyes more like cannot believe with what Chaeyeon just said, she look a bit hesitant but take her hand to do a handshake as well. 

"and whats your name" Chaeyeon continue, she wants to know the barista name, that's how you get to know each other right?

the barista girl didnt expect Chaeyeon even ask for her name as well, it's coffee shop after all, who even exchanging identity with customer in the middle ordering. but she thought how cute this customer is and go along with her.

"oh, umm.. my name is Minju" the barista girl finally revealing her name to Chaeyeon.

"nice name!" she said excitedly.

"thank you, that would be 5000₩"

"okay here you go"

"please take a seat and we will call your name after your order is ready"

"okay, thank you Minju-ssi" she smile to the latter and smile back to her. this is the first time Chaeyeon having an actual conversation with people other than people from the academy. she felt an accomplishment and she could brag it to the ducky Yena who keep asking her to go out and make some friends.

she find a vacant seat near the window. she wait and observe her surrounding.

"how nice" she thought to herself.

then she saw a customer walking in and make the order. Chaeyeon tried to listen to what he order, she wants to learn about 'ordering a coffee'.

the barista girl aka Minju serving him like she did with Chayeon, asking multiple question she dont understand, but this guy really know what he wants. he doesnt even stutter for one bit answering the question, unlike her.

"whats your name mister?"

this girl is really friendly, she ask every costumer name, she must have so much friends, Chaeyeon innocently thought.

"Jumyeon" the man said while the barista writing something on the cup.

and then it hits her in the chest. the barista isn't asking name because she's being friendly but it's so the coffee wont mix up with other customer, thats why she needs to ask their name, IT'S FOR THE CUP, Chayeon thought and continue having a mental breakdown for the second time.

"im so dumb, why do i think she's being friendly" Chaeyeon got frustated and embarrased for what she did earlier. she hang her head down low to the table, too embarrassed to even show her face to anyone. she just want to run away from this place.

"Lee Chaeyeon from Busan!" another barista girl shouting her name meaning her coffee is ready.

"kill me now" Chaeyeon thought and she proceed to take her order without even looking at the barista.

Chaeyeon run too fast from the coffee shop after taking her order. she found a nearest park and sit on an empty bench. looking at her coffee which a pretty big for a first timer because how much of a dumb she is for not knowing what venti is.

"how the hell am i gonna drink this much of a coffee" Chaeyeon then notice there is a writing on the cup, and it says

 

Lee Chaeyeon from Busan

nice to meet you too, enjoy your coffee -M

 

Chayeon chuckles, reminding how stupid she was in the coffee shop earlier.

"at least i really got a new friend"