Real or Fantasy?

Existence of True Love

The heat of summer cannot be control, a long haired blonde struggling with her car's air conditioner to adjust the right temprature so inside her car isn't feel like a microwave, that's the least she could control over the hell-like summer this year. After a few minutes of struggling Lee Chaeyeon layback to her seat, resting her head while waiting for someone. Not for long a chubby cheeks, dark brownish long hair little girl holding tight her my little pony backpack approaching Chaeyeon's black matte sedan looking a little bit gloomy.

"Hey sweetie, how's school?" Chaeyeon asked Wonyoung who's trying to open the car door.

"It's fine" Wonyoung answer plainly. A bright kid who always excited over little thing, literally never close  suddenly becomes mute. Something must happened at school. Chaeyeon can't stop thinking about horrible things that might her little sunshine face while she's not there, she's scared that Wonyoung is bullied or something.

"Baby, are you alright? did someone hurt you? do you want me to call principle Jo for you?" Chaeyeon put her palm into Wonyoung’s forehead to check on her body temperature, her hand and feet if there any bruises. The thought of her only daughter could possibly become victim of bullying made Chaeyeon panicked. What if some kids try to steal her lunch or her classmate exiling her because she's really smart. Kids in these age can be terrible sometimes. 

"No mom, im okay. I know what are you thinking but trust me i will never get bullied, okay? I'm literally taller than everyone else in my class. Moreover im a child of Lee Chaeyeon the finest and popular Dancer slash Choreographer in Seoul who have connections with important people all over the town. They'd be pretty dumb to bully me" Wonyoung groans and shove Chaeyeon's hand then back to face window's car. The fact that everything Wonyoung just said is true, it leave Chaeyeon dumbfounded of how sassy and smart mouth her daughter could be.

"Alright, but im not gonna drive anywhere if you didnt tell me what's wrong" Chaeyeon still persistent of knowing Wonyoung state of mind right now.

Wonyoung then take a brief glance to her mom while puckering her little lips. how can someone be this adorable eventhough she's mad.

"How about i buy you Mcdonalds? Do you know that this time they release Frozen figurine for happy meal set?" Chaeyeon tried to gain her 8 years old daughter's attention with Frozen figurines that might actually works, mostly because Wonyoung is such big fan of fairy tales stories. Since Wonyoung was a kid her mom and mother always read her popular fairy tales stories like Snow White, Cinderella, Rapunzel and many tales before bed that it slowly grows on her. She always dreamt of life like in those fairy tales, having beautiful dresses,  by prince charming, having animal best friends and finally living the happily ever after with her true love.

Wonyoung can't help being excited over Frozen figurines but, the thing that linger on her chest is too heavy too let it go just like that.

"Mom.." Wonyoung finally speaks.
"Yes, my love? you can tell me anything okay?" Chaeyeon approach her carefully.

"Is true love really exist in real life?"

Chaeyeon eyes popped out, it almost fell. Is this the right timing to tell her truth? Chaeyeon asking herself. Wonyoung always have this happily ever after life projecting in her head ever since she's able to understand things. But telling the truth means Chaeyeon will crush her hopes and dreams, added the complicated life she will facing after Chaeyeon and her wife divorce.

"W-what? why are you suddenly asking that?" Chaeyeon said while stuttering. daughter can be hard to handle than Gashina dance moves.

"My friend Yujin told me that fairy tales is just a story made by adults to make children believe that life can be beautiful when it's actually not" Wonyoung finally confess.

That little brat. Chaeyeon curse under her breath. Now she really do not know what she have to say to her daughter.

If only she was here.

"No, no, i mean yeah partly it probably fake like talking to animal? that's totally out of question right?" Chaeyeon nervously laugh while explaining.

"So true love exist?" Wonyoung asked Chaeyeon the same question again.

"Of course it does" Chaeyeon answer with full of confindence, hoping Wonyoung would be satisfied with her answer and move on.

"Then why are you and mother split up?" Unfortunately God said no, because apparently Wonyoung is a smart kid.

Chaeyeon felt a pang in her heart. Sometime having a smart kid like Wonyoung could make her drown deeper to never ending nightmare. The life is chapter somehow already approaching Wonyoung at a young age because her selfish decision of herself and her ex-wife made. Although their marriage isn't working out it doesnt mean their family relationship is going down the hill. They already promised each other to keeps things right for Wonyoung eventhough they are not together anymore. Be a good parents, a good role model. But if it's true love is what Wonyoung seek then, her parents is not exactly her ideal model. In this point Chaeyeon thinks she's failing not as a wife but also as a parent. Way to go to crush your daughter's dream Chaeyeon!

"Umm... okay. You need to understand this." Chaeyeon adjusting her seat, fixing her blonde hair before facing Wonyoung with serious facial expression "At somepoint in my life i do experience a true love with your mother. But you see, everyone have their own version of true love. Apparently mine is expiring soon. But there's also people like Halmoni (grandmother), her true love with Harabeoji (grandfather) is eternal even after Harabeoji died long ago. True love doesn't just exist, you need to achieve it and hang on to it"

"So does this mean you dont love mother anymore?" Her curiosity is never end.

"I still do, because she's still your mother. But, it's not the same as before. You should know that our split it is not solely because we don't love each other anymore. Some things just can't be fixed and if we keep it that way it will only hurt us both, so we have to go our separate ways. It's a tough decisison but it have to be made" Chaeyeon tried to be tough explaining emotional rolercoaster stuff to Wonyoung hoping she would understand how things have to go that way.

"To tell you the truth. Achieving true love is not easy so is holding to it" Chaeyeon continues to explain.

After a bried of silence Wonyoung finally let out her voice "I understand"

"You do?" Chaeyeon can't believe her ears, this Korean Nancy Drew finally stop investigating her?

"Yes, but there's a final question" Wonyoung squinting her eyes

Even though it's really hot outside but Chaeyeon seems having a cold sweats, she's afraid of anything her daughter migh said or ask, all she wants right now is give her some stories and put her into a bed.

"You said that true love is hard to achieve, right? I assume your story with mother was exciting eventhough in the end you guys falling apart"

"You really want to know?"

"Yes, i might find a clue why your relationship is doomed" Wonyoung lightly said, lowkey acting like some therapist. Chaeyeon can't help but wonder. How can 8 years old be like this.

"Other kids will probably soaking wet with tears if their parents split up but you..." The blonde mom said, still wondering how Wonyoung can take this serious matter very lightly.

"Well i always see the positive side, you see, if you guys split up i can have two presents every Christmas, you guys will buy me everything i want because your guilt of ruining the family and the list can go on" Chaeyeon left jaw dropped with everything Wonyoung just said she either want to smack that smart mouth kid or feeling proud of it. Chaeyeon then proceed to laughing out loud, with all the mess she had to face because of her divorce somehow having smart kid really helps her to unload burden in her chest, at least Wonyoung is not a problem anymore in this situation.

"Okay kiddo, you know what, before i married your mother i actually i dated two other woman"

"Only three? Mom, are you not popular before?"

"What? Three is alot! Some other guys or girls even never dated before"

"But Yujin said she already dated 10 times before and she's only 10 years old"

"Really?" This corrupted kid, next time i saw you, you will face a lot of trouble miss!

"So how about this?  i'll tell you a story, MY story when i dated these three woman including your mother then you and your Nancy Drew self could guess which one is the woman i married aka your mother. in the process you can probably finding the missing link why me and your mother relationship not working out, im not going to say you will but good luck"

"You'll see! im a pretty good detective" Wonyoung eyes got fiery, she got pretty confidence with her instinct

"Okay, so it's began from Spring 2008 when i was just graduated from Busan Art and Culture High School...."