Last Resort

Last Resort

“Ok, it’s fixed, all you have to do is turn on the power and it’ll be as good as new.” Kikwang said with a smile. He closed the generator box and cleaned off his greasy hands.

“Thank you young man.” His employer said with a smirk.

Kikwang worked for anybody and did anything, well with a few exceptions. This time he was working for a lady in her late 20s and judging by her house she was well paid. When he collected his pay and headed towards the door her voice stopped him in his tracks.

“You know, there is something else you can do for me.” The women said seductively, her well manicured hands landing on Kikwang’s arms.

“Oh really, and what is that?” Kikwang asked even though he knew what was coming.

The lady didn’t answer but stepped in front of Kikwang and set her hands on his chest and closed the distance between them.

“Oh, I think you know.” She whispered in Kikwang ear.

Kikwang quickly backed away from her hold and straightened his shirt

“I’m sorry, but I don’t offer those services.” Kikwang said through clenched teeth.

He was used to this. He’s part time job as a handy helper was often misinterpreted when his clients got a look at him. Kikwang was young, he was just starting his senior year of high school. He was also very very good looking. He had always been in shape but recently his lean frame was exchange for a more solid muscular build.

“Really?” The client asked skeptically.

“You expect me to believe that with that ?” She said with her eyes scanning his body.

Kikwang   cleared his throat, suddenly feeling self conscious. He quickly apologized and bowed while rushing to the door. When he got into the elevator he let out a sigh of relief. He was tired of his job, but he knew he would never consider quitting.

It was getting late and school started tomorrow. Kikwang got on his bike and rode the 5 miles to his rundown apartment which was located on top of a market place. When he unlocked the door he was greeted by the warm smell of curry cooking on the stove. The smell immediately brought a smile to his face. Before he could take off his coat he felt a pair of slender arms wrap around him. He looked down in to a pair of deep brown eyes.

“Welcome home Oppa.” The little 10 year old said with a grin on her face.

“It’s good to be back, what are you cooking? it smells great.” Kikwang asked petting his sister’s head.

“Chicken curry, I had to improvise a little but I hope you like it.” Sungmin said as she poured the curry into separate plates.

Sungmin was diagnosed with kidney cancer when she was 3. She faced a year of chemotherapy, but the treatment caused her to go blind. Ever since their parents died last summer, Kikwang has taken over all the finances in the family.

The two of them ate dinner in comfortable silence. Kikwang finished his plate first and brought it to the sink. Even though Sungmin was blind you wouldn’t know it by looking at her. She held herself with confidence and maneuvered around just as well as anyone.   

“You can leave the dished to me; you wanted to watch that cartoon tonight right? Go on ahead.” Kikwang said as he scrubbed curry off the cooking pan.

“Yeah I’ll go and watch that cartoon now.” Sungmin said with a giggle laughing at her own pun. Even though she couldn’t see the images on T.V she still enjoyed listening to the sounds. After an hour of lame comedy, Kikwang decided to put her to bed. They argued a little before Sungmin agreed to turn off the T.V and change into PJs.

Kikwang read her a bedtime story and turned off the lights on his way out. He looked at the clock and decided it was time for him to go to bed also. He pulled out the futon couch in the living room, and fell asleep thinking about the rent that was due tomorrow.

The walk to school the next day was a relief. It gave him the time to think and plan on how they were going to get by. With the money that Kikwang was making now they could barely pay the rent, let alone the medical bills for his sister. His thoughts were cut short when Kikwang heard his name being called for a few feet away. He looked to find his best friend Junhyung.

“What’s up man? You said you were going to be at that party yesterday.” Junhyung said as he ran across the road to walk next to Kikwang.

“I had to work.” Kikwang said.

“Dame, I promised that I was going to introduce you to some college girls.” Junhyung said while shaking his head.

“You know I’m not interested.” Kikwang said looking up at Junhyung’s face.

“Yeah, but I am.” Junhyung said with a playful grin.

The two of them were a couple blocks from school when a long black limousine pulled next to them. Kikwang stared at the car for a second; it was very unusual to have cars like that in this part of Seoul.

Before he could react the back doors opened and a tall man with ash brown hair stepped out. He was dressed in a well tailored suit and sunglasses. Kikwang could tell that he was very handsome. His eyes met those of Kikwang’s.

“Hey! Are you the one that has been harassing my boyfriend?!” the stranger asked Kikwang with a threatening voice.

Kikwang looked over at Junhyung hoping to get some help or clarification. Junhyung merely shrugged and returned his gaze to the dark stranger. Kikwang was about to try and clear things up before someone with blonde hair stepped out of the car. Kikwang immediately flashed back to the night that Yoseob caught him with another guy. Since then Kikwang has calling and texting Yoseob, begging him to hear him out.

Now the same Yoseob was standing next to the dark stranger and Kikwang couldn’t have felt more disconnect from the blonde.

“Hey! I’m talking to you!” The stranger said while taking a step forward.

Kikwang snapped out of his dazed state and looked back to the stranger’s face. Before Kikwang could get a good look at him he realized that he was being surrounded. Kikwang didn’t like fights, especially when the odds were 4 to 1. Usually though he could pretty much hold his own against anyone.

As Kikwang surveyed his opponents he decided that this wasn’t going to be one of those cases.

A/N: this is my first time posting a B2ST fic, but I didn’t really see any Kikwang/Doojoon couples. I hope you enjoy :D. I would love to hear your thoughts! Please comment!!