001

Hold On Pain Ends
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Oh, damn, , jerk, stupid” his mouth swears to the scattered papers. He went downstairs, picked up the notebook and the printed notes as he tried to close the zip of his bag but it got stuck. “Damn stupid!”

“Oh, my…mister. What a waste, handsome but have a lousy mouth” suddenly came one voice

His eyes sharply glanced up. A medium-high, firm man with a dim black eye was staring at him from the lower ladder with a naughty smile.

“Did I offend your sensibility? So sorry.” He exclaimed back and continue collecting his thing from the floor. He grabs the pen and thrown into his bag that was only half open. Paper and book he held on his arm and at the same time he got up. The man was still standing there, gazing at him not blinking.

“What’s your problem, mister?” he rudely asked the man.

The man lifted both hands, stepping backwards.

"Do not have a problem with you."

He lifted both eyebrows, waiting for the man to start moving. ‘Yeah, I want to go this way, when will he step out of my way?’

"Pharmacy, right?"

Huh?

"Student pharmacy right?" The guy repeated his question again.

Wow, what's the problem with this guy? It was late evening, he was late for his part-time job. Too focused reading at the library, until he did not realize it was already dark outside.

"You must be good in pharmacology." The man still smiled.

"Huh? What is that?"His tone sharpening and acting dumb "Excuse me, can you please make a way, I'm already late. "

This guy is so stubborn. Or maybe a glue sticks his shoes to the floor. He does not move at all.

"Late for what? Date? "

"Just mind your own business!" he pushed the man aside and he raced down the stairs, not turning back.

The pushed behind man was silent, his eyes still staring at the ladder. He smiled a little on his lips when his eyes found something on the floor.

Student card. Right in the place where the brown hair man standing just now. He bowed to take it.

LEE DONGHAE

BACHELOR OF PHARMACY

1181338

 

Lee Donghae…

The cheeky smile arrived at his lips again. It seems we will meet again.

***

“Why are so in a hurry?”Kibum asked with a wrinkled forehead, feeling strange looking at a hasty Hyukjae who are looking for the car key after the class ended.

“I need to go to the library,” Hyukjae replied short. ‘Aish…where's the key?’ he grumbled. He checks in his pant pocket but did not find it. He searched thoroughly inside his sling bag. Where are your key, where are you, where? I'm late. Yesterday, the guy was at the library at this time.

Finally found it! Yes. Key was taken and the buried items were thrown back into his bag. Friend on the side who watched him were ignored.

"Okay, then, I'm going first," Hyukjae said and ran across the street toward his car.

“Yah, what do you want to study at the library? Why you are so in a hurry, is there someone waiting for you? "Liyan shouted with a laugh.

Someone waiting for him? There's no way that guy will be waiting for me. Impossible probability. But why not to go look right?

He avoids answering the question.

He waved his hand at Kibum and speeding his step to his car.

When he reached the library, he raced to find Donghae. He went to the place where he met Donghae yesterday. He is not there. He looked around the library but there is no Donghae.

Hyukjae complained in his heart. Where can I find him again? His student card is with me. Would not the boy look for it?

***

Donghae was on his way to back home. Today, his boss wants to close the store early, so he gets to leave early. Suddenly, his phone is ringing. He looks at the caller id. His brother. He answered the call quickly. It’s odd for his brother to call him at this hour. So, he feels anxious.

“Why Dongshik?”

“Hyung, we have a problem. Come home now” Dongshik cried over the phone.

Donghae quickens his pace. When he reached home, he saw his house was in mess. There are loan sharks in the living room making a mess in his house while his dad was kneeling begging them to stop. He found Dongshik hides in the corner.

“What are you doing? I’m calling the police.” He pulled out his phone from his pocket and dialling police number.

But then his dad stopped him from doing so. “Listen Donghae. Let’s not call the police”

“Go ahead. Let’s see who gets arrested.” The loan shark leader said.

“Do you know your dad borrowed money from me? He’s been running from me quite a while”

When he heard that, he slowly lowered his phone. He glared at his dad.

“I’ll show sympathy for old times’ sake, I’ll give you two weeks. Pay back by then, okay?”

Then, the loan sharks gang slowly retreated from their house.

Donghae turned to his dad. “Goodness, what happened, dad? Why have you borrowed money from him again?

“I borrowed his money to invest in stocks, but then the stocks were delisted. It became worthless”

Donghae sighed. “Why you never learn from the past? Did not you already lost because you invest money in some company that cheated on you?”

“The thing is… Donghae…they said I will get money every five months if I invest in it”

“You should know they were trying to scam you!”

"So, how much did you borrow this time?"

"80000 dollars"

Donghae widened his eyes. He don't know where they can get that amount in 2 weeks.

He looked at his dad disbelief. 

"Dad, have you gone crazy?"

Donghae runs to his room and starts packing some of his belongings

“Hyung, where are you going? Are you going to leave home?”

“Yes, I don’t care about dad anymore. And you should follow me Dongshik.” All this time he put up with his dad. But this time he cannot stand it anymore. If not because of Dongshik he would already leave home years ago. After seeing the loan shark came to their house, he doesn’t think it safe anymore for Dongshik.

“Don’t do this Donghae ya…” his dad pleaded him.

“I’ve enough dad, you never listen to me. I never asked for money from you. I paid for everything by myself. I just ask one thing from you to stop taking the loan.

“Why are you doing this to me? Am I your bank? If you have debt you pass it to me, do you know how much I work to pay off your debt before?

His dad just silenced, he lowered his head, and not have the courage to meet his son’s eyes. Word of defences did not come to his mouth. What he can he say anyway? His son was right.

Donghae looked at his dad for last time then take a step toward the door.

“Let’ go Dongshik”

Donghae wandered around the neighbourhood. When he left the house he doesn’t know where should he go. So, he decided to spend the night at the sauna.

They reached the sauna.

“I am sorry, Dongshik”

“Why are you sorry hyung? This is not your fault”

“Sorry you had to live like this”

“It’s okay, but what about appa?”

“Let’s forget about appa now”

“But…”

“I am sleepy Lee Dongshik, let’s sleep”

***

The next day, Donghae send his brother to school. He looked at the watch on his wrist. It is only 7.30 am. His class will start at 11 am. Then, he remembers that he left his books at the house. Want or not he has to go home. So, he slowly heads home hoping he would not bump into his father.

When he reached his neighbourhood, he heard someone calling his n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter