Endless Love

Endless Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Seulgi was holding three stems of red roses in her hands like her life depends on it, as she smelled the scent of hope from the flowers.

 

The nurse on duty saw her familiar figure, even from afar, so when she reached the station the woman in white uniform smiled and asked,

 

"Beautiful flowers for the pretty young lady?"

 

Her expression softened with her lips curving upwards into a soft smile. "She even deserves the moon and the stars."

 

The latter's hand flew to her chest remarkably, feeling touched at her simple words yet striking at heart. She clasped her hands together in pure delight because she had never seen anyone show their love and care for one person like this.

 

"She's very lucky to have you, dear."

 

She turned her gaze to the familiar room at the end of the hall; her eyes were burning with desire just to see her once again.

 

She faced the lady in front of her as she curled her fist a little tighter on the torn-less stems. "She changed my life...I believe I'm the lucky one to have her."

 

Without anymore delay, she politely excused herself so she could spend the whole visiting hours with her special girl in the whole universe.

 

Life is indeed a mystery. You'll never know what could happen in just a mere second. You can't even predict what the future may hold and all you have to do is to give everything you got and live your life as if it's the last. In order not to regret a single thing for doing it a little late than sooner, you still end up being able to do nothing.

 

And that makes life a little disappointing for not waiting for you at the finish line.

 

Time runs out.

 

You're left with nothing but hopeless desires.

 

Seulgi learned three Cs in her life -- chance, choose and change.

 

Life is filled with endless chances; chances that you should grab like you own it, so you can choose which path you think is best for you to take, making a bigger impact of change that is worth remembering for a lifetime.

 

But with this three Cs in her life, will she be able to apply it when this special girl is about to enter her little world?

 

You bet Kang Seulgi will.

 

 

2 years earlier…

 

“Oh look, the cranky princess is here.” Joy snickered while she s her arm around Seulgi like usual. On the other hand, the girl whacked the hand away.

 

She just arrived coming from her office after working late on her new design for her own furniture shop.

 

With an irritated sigh, she pushed her friend gently and walked lifelessly towards the leather couch inside the VIP booth. She flopped down beside Wendy without even saying anything.

 

Kang Seulgi was a typical quiet person but not to the extent of being cold like this. Don’t be mistaken, though. She was originally a warm hearted person until that happened. Yes, she is calm and reserved but at least she is still accommodating and friendly at some point.

 

It all started, the big change, when her girl best friend since they were still ten years old became an official couple after entering Junior High and it all lasted right after finishing college.

 

After the break up, Seulgi changed. Her friends started to see the drastic change in her behavior. She seldom went to their group dates, until she stopped talking to them.

 

And right now, she had no idea as well as to how she ended up in the club.

 

Seulgi was not really in the mood for a drink. However, after she received a call from one of her pals’, Wendy, unending requests for her to come because she stopped coming into their get-together every Friday night.

 

Mindlessly, she reached the place without her noticing and this time, they were able to persuade her into coming.

 

The monolid girl was looking bored to death as she stared into space doing nothing but fondling on her phone despite the fact that her friends were enjoying with their drinks and their conversation. They seemed to be in high spirits, dynamically chatting together.

 

An hour passed, yet Seulgi was still on the same spot doing the same thing, whereas, some of them were already a little tipsy. Joy was waving her blazer up in the air in a circular manner while boisterously laughing with Wendy. Byulyi together with Solar attempted to offer some foods to Seulgi since they were still sober but downright failing everytime they try. Yeri on the other hand was lying on the other side of the couch, passed out.

 

Seulgi drummed her fingers against the armrest of the couch, feeling unproductive the moment she took the weight off of her feet. When she felt that it’s not worth of her time to just sit around, being idle when she can go straight home and finish her sketches. She grabbed her keys and walked over to the table to snatch a glass of whiskey.

 

“Where are you going, Seul?” Joy questioned her while sauntering towards her in her wobbly knees, after she saw Seulgi on the move.

 

“Home.” She answered curtly without looking and gulped the whisky up, in one go before she leaves the room.

 

“Ya! Seul!” Byul yelled at her name several times but she never bothered to turn around.

She sauntered towards the doubled doors of the club as quietly as she could, straight to her car.

 

 

Seulgi sighed for the nth time of the day. She just doesn’t like to do extra activities apart from work. Her life is full of uncertainties upon experiencing such pain of being left behind by someone she loved the most.

 

From then on, she solely devotes her time with her work, even forgetting the essence of resting. Sometimes she chose to stay in the office and the next thing that would happen was when her employees, one by one, piling up inside the office and shop seeing their boss wearing the same clothes as she did yesterday. The point was that they already knew that the young lady Kang pulled an all nighter, again.

 

After she and her ex-girlfriend broke up, everything gradually changed and most of all, she turned into someone you can’t even reach. A woman you can see almost every day but you can’t touch, like a burning hot metal you chose to hold trying to challenge yourself for how long can you endure holding onto it. Her friends, honestly, don’t know how to help her lift herself up from her misery. They have been setting her up with different girls from time to time in a year and yet she turned all the girls down insisting that she doesn’t have time for any distractions. She’s too focus and she got to give everything she got on her business.

 

There’s no room for romance according her, not when she’s too broken.

 

After she slid in the vehicle, before starting the engine, she checked her phone first for any new messages. She came across on Byul’s message and opened it.

 

 

From: Moon Byul

To: Kang Seulgi

 

Please find time. Rather make time for me this Wednesday. You have to be present, okay? Since, it’s my birthday. Keep safe, dude. See you around.  Mwah Mwah!

 

 

Seulgi shook her head, a small voice inside her saying that she wanted to go and yet her mind screamed that she doesn’t have time. But maybe, just maybe. She could slip her friend to her schedule.

 

It’s her birthday after all just what like Byulyi quoted.

 

She started the engine, ready to go home, when the door from the passenger’s side of her navy blue Murcielago Roadster flung wide open along with a lady, with her long jet black hair, slid in her car.

 

Her eyebrows met upon seeing the unknown lady at the same time her lips were left agape at the beauty radiating around her, some kind of light pulling her in, and if it was talking to her it would have said, ‘Come to me.’

 

“I’m sorry to suddenly invade your privacy but can you help me just this once? It’s just that my car broke down and I don’t see much cabs passing by in this direction.” The stranger looked sheepish, and so Seulgi thought that she’s kinda cute but then again she doesn’t know her except for her hair color and that she had a rose tattoo inked on her left forearm.

 

The monolid woman tried to speak but still couldn’t sputter a word, like she was under a spell. The other girl flipped her head to face her and tilted her head, baffled. “Are you okay? Grumpy princess?” She waved her hand to get her attention.

 

She hesitated at first but then she pushed down the handbrake and pressed the accelerator for the car to move. She doesn’t why her body betrayed her on this little act. She just has to be attentive if ever she was a bait of some sort of group, luring her in her own death bed.

 

Half an hour passed, silence was filling up the whole ride as if they’re both scared to speak. It’s as if there’s a big sign board saying, keep silence resting in front of the windshield, the one you see in libraries. Seulgi doesn’t have any idea whom she was and vice versa.

 

“So, I’m Irene Bae. What’s your name?” She introduced herself first to open a conversation and just to lighten up the atmosphere. Seulgi briefly glanced to her side before fixing her eyes on the road again.

 

“Kang Seulgi.” As expected from the woman of few words, she answered exactly what’s being asked.

 

Irene drummed her fingers on top of her thigh to think of some ways to talk to her. It was awkward and all, but Irene needed to be friendly to her somehow. She was challenged, indeed, to meet a person who can never talk for so long, if only her saliva was food, it must have been spoiled by now.

 

“So you really never talk? I mean, are you originally like this?” Irene asked out of the blue, sounding so curious of the woman behind the wheels.

 

“Originally? How twisted does that sound?” Seulgi muttered in a sigh.

 

What does she really mean by originally, does she know her? Her eyes began to wander on the road while she grew anxious by the second.

 

“Well, I say...you should loosen up. It’s not like you’re bearing the whole world.” She pointed that out as she observed her side features, carefully. “I’m not a bad person, I just needed help. In case, you’re thinking I’m sort of a serial killer.”

 

The monolid woman began to relax as she grew amused by this young lady, who had the guts to tell that to her face. If this was a mind reading game she would have won already.

 

Without even realizing, Seulgi's lips curved into a smile while driving until Irene complimented how good it looked on her that her face turned back into a stoic one.

 

She glanced at her left after they stopped under the red light, feeling conscious all of a sudden due to her intense stare.

 

No one ever stared at Kang Seulgi like that even before; no one dared for the first meeting.

 

“What? Haven’t seen anyone as beautiful as me before?” Seulgi blurted out, and she couldn’t believe herself that she said that.

 

She winced, inwardly.

 

“You’re pretty smug to be saying that in my face.” Irene sounded so serious but her eyes were playful. Seulgi knew by then that she was teasing her, definitely teasing her.

 

Being drifted by the amusing conversation, though it was short, she didn’t notice that the traffic light was already in green color, and the loud honking of several cars behind them woke her up from her trance.

 

She cleared , as if embarrassed, and briskly stepped on the gas with a faint shade of red creeping on her cheeks. She heard a soft chuckle coming from her side.

 

“No need to be shy, where’s the cold lady that I just encountered earlier?” She chortled, as she enjoyed the sudden changed of her behavior.

 

She dared to twist her head on her right to look at Seulgi, with curiosity at the back of her head, she wondered what happened to the female before her, honestly, from her observations, despite her cold exterior there’s an underlying warm hearted person in her.

 

She wasn’t a Psychiatrist for that matter because she’s just a plain interior designer having so much interests with cars and racings, she was just keen and as if Seulgi's soft eyes were speaking to her, she could feel how wounded this woman was.

 

“What happened to you?” She asked out of the blue, Seulgi was taken aback.

 

Her eyes blank with a creased forehead, trying to make sense of her question. “What do you mean?”

 

They were a complete stranger in each other’s eyes and yet when Irene talked to her it was like she knew her for a long time for her to question her like that.

 

She was amused and mystified at the same time, her instinct telling her she’s not like any other girl she would randomly meet at this point of her life.

 

Did she purposely approach her? Or was it just a coincidental mistake? Seulgi was curious as hell on how did they end up together in her own car.

 

Irene scoffed. And she dared to mask everything about her as she feigned innocence even though she resembled a deer caught in the headlight.

 

“I mean, why did you suddenly turned into a human version of Elsa?” Her eyebrow cocked up, eyes inquiring.

 

She bit her tongue from saying anything. How can this girl beside her see through her? But she won't admit it.

 

She was horrified as she stared deeply into her eyes.

 

“Don’t look at me like you don’t understand what I’m saying. Fine, I won’t ask anymore.” Irene grumbled feeling defeated as she brought her crossed arms against her chest.

 

It was so difficult to squeeze Seulgi's thoughts out but then she realized she was crossing the line when they weren’t even considered as acquainted. They were just mere strangers.

 

“You can pull the car aside. And uhm, thanks for the ride.” She was grateful to her but when she was outside Irene knocked on the window.

 

Seulgi pressed the button to her side then the window slowly glided downwards.

 

“Smile more, it suits you more Kang.” She smiled like it was a contagious disease infecting Seulgi instantly as her lips formed into a small smile.

 

“I’ll try harder for you, Bae.” She said in a playful manner and believe it or not, when she called her name like that it made Irene's heart flutter a million times which made her smile even more, reaching to her eyes.

 

“That’s more like it. See you around.” She bid goodbye while her fingers lingered at the edge of the car window, she wanted to spend more time with Seulgi but she doesn’t want to make it so obvious, she has a pride after all.

 

And just like that, they acted like they’ve been friends for a long time. Then Seulgi wondered, will they be seeing each other again?

 

She winced when she realized, “You just forgot to ask her number, Seulgi. And why am I talking to myself?” She shook her head, stunned with her own actions.

 

With a smile still lingering on her face, she stepped on the accelerator and sped away. She shook her head, amused. She doesn’t want to admit to herself but she was already longing for her presence. The feeling was too familiar that it somehow scared her, her heart pounding real hard against her ribcage like it was dangerously about to fall off. She hadn’t felt it for so long that she began to rethink if it was just an impulse of excitement upon meeting a woman that could read her in just a glance.

 

Is this what you called love at first sight?

 

After a short that seemed to be a long ride after being with Irene, she reached her home. She felt like she has still full of energy unlike the other days when she would just drag her body towards her bed to rest.

 

But this time, she thought that it would be difficult to close her eyes and visit slumber land.

 

She grabbed her phone as she scrolled down on her contact list. After she saw Joy’s name she pressed the message button and she began to type on her phone.

 

 

From: Kang Seulgi

To: Park Sooyoung

 

I think...I think I'm in trouble Joy.

 

 

Not a minute had passed, her phone vibrated instantly. Seulgi grinned as she read Joy’s text.

 

 

From: Park Sooyoung

To: Kang Seulgi

 

I think you are…because you texted me. Wait are you really, Seulgi?

 

 

Seulgi typed a reply on her phone and dropped the device on her bed after sending the message.

 

 

From: Kang Seulgi

To: Park Sooyoung

 

I've met this strange girl. I think I'm interested in her.

 

 

After cleaning herself up, Seulgi dropped her body on her bed with a wistful sigh. Her thoughts wandered to the time where she was with Irene. Her lips curved into a smile unknowingly. She scooted to her pillow and just like that she fell asleep feeling elated more than ever.

 

 

 

 

Joy was inside Byul’s clinic with herself in a hangover with last night's get-together. She showed her exchanged messages with their the one that got drifted apart friend, Kang Seulgi. And she was ecstatic for some reason.

 

“Is this really our friend, Seulgi? Saying that she likes a woman when she just met her once?” Joy barked and Byul was shaking her head.

 

“Do you even realize that you’re disturbing my patients?” Byul was busy checking up a 6 month old, Pomeranian pup. Joy rolled her eyes at her weirdly.

 

“It’s not like they understood what I’m saying.” She deadpanned. But Byul stood beside her and shooed her away. After she successfully got rid of Joy she locked her clinic from the inside.

 

Joy was punching the door, along with her loud pleas to let her inside but Byul ignored her to focus on the pup in front of her.

 

“What a fool, animals can understand us humans and it’s kind of amusing.” She mumbled softly before patting the pup's head.

 

 

Seulgi was busy designing a new desk for computers. One of the clients requested for it to be unconventional wherein there’s a place for books and such. It was kind of challenging for her because she would have wanted it to be modernized yet with originality.

 

She had to be careful and be as creative as she could because her client was quite picky.

 

She was so focused on sketching the furniture that she didn’t notice the presence of her secretary, typical Kang Seulgi. The male who previously knocked three times, which probably not heard by his boss, was standing awkwardly, and discerning if it would be alright to speak when the president of KSG Industry was so engrossed with what she’s doing.

 

“President?” He tried his best to call for her as careful as possible so she wouldn’t be alarmed in his occurrence.

 

Seulgi halted while the lead of her pencil snapped because of the slight force of she had put in because of the sudden voice interrupting her. She suddenly stopped sketching.

 

Silence.

 

The young business woman let out an irritated sigh while her employee was squirming anxiously, who was standing next to the door. He knew his boss’ temper and he wouldn’t want to see that now. If only the ground would break on the spot where it could eat him alive, if possible, he would pray. He scrunched up his nose, if not for the lady outside who was adamant to see his boss he wouldn’t sacrifice his life like this like a prey surrendering itself to its predator.

 

“You better not be wasting my time.” She said in her cold voice while she went back to sketching, meaning he should start talking right now.

 

“T-there’s someone outside… asking for your presence p-president. A certain Irene Bae, she said you know her.” She slammed her free hand on the table’s top, startling the distressed secretary.

 

The male was hesitating to look at the President but to his surprise, Seulgi was smiling when he least expected.

 

Kang Seulgi smiled. It was a miracle in the making that he would like to capture at this moment, if he was allowed to do so.

 

He thought he would get yelled at by his boss for bothering her while she was working but for the first time since he worked under her, his boss’ wicked temper was at 25 percent level today.

 

“Let her come inside.”

 

Seulgi immediately gathered the papers filled with her sketches of different types of furniture designs before Irene could enter her office.

 

The gorgeous lady knocked on the office’s opened door thrice. “Knock knock?”

 

Seulgi looked up, stunned that Irene was standing in front of her in flesh.

 

Irene laughed softly upon witnessing her in attempt to fix the lapel of her coat over her Beige turtle neck long sleeves.

 

“You’re here.” Her eyebrows furrowing, slightly puzzled because she didn’t expect to be seeing her anytime soon.

 

“I thought the cold never bothered you at all, I guess it did.” She chuckled, ignoring her confused greeting while she's having a good look on her attire.

 

“I mustn’t be the human version of Elsa.” She grinned, remembering her somewhat resemblance to Elsa, one of the lead characters in Frozen, when she compared her to the animated character.

 

Seulgi ushered her in, towards the black leather sofa just across her desk.

 

Irene flopped her body on the vacant seat, making herself comfortable and all. The other female being a gentlewoman that she is, had offered her a drink but she declined, insisting, that she won’t take too long.

 

“So what’s the reason for the sudden appearance? Missed me already?” Seulgi, who wasn’t the type to initiate conversations with girls openly, teased.

 

“I think it must be the other way around.” Irene retorted with a playful smirk. “Well, I’m actually here because my mom asked me to run an errand. She mentioned about this furniture shop, she wanted to follow up her orders.” She explained.

 

“She asked you? Or you volunteered upon discovering that I am the owner?” She raised one of her eyebrows, her cheek lazily resting against her knuckles while her elbow was pressed on the arm of the chair.

 

She seemed to be enjoying while teasing latter.

 

The raven doubled up as she mimicked her position, “Aren’t you so full of yourself Ms. Kang? But...okay, I’ll come clean. She mention your name then out of curiosity, just to verify, if this supplier and the Kang Seulgi I met that night is one person.” She stifled her laughter and Seulgi found it some kind of music to her ears.

 

In all honesty, this beau in front of her never left her mind after their first encounter that night, same for Seulgi. She longed for another encounter with the mysterious, quiet young lady.

 

And as for the president Kang, she would have taken her move already if not for the shorter woman, making it easier for the taller female to look for her. And the boss of KSG Industry found it hard to believe that she was actually in front of her now, engaging in a playful conversation.

 

“Why do you make it hard for me to flirt with you?” Seulgi uttered in shock, mentally wanting to slap her face for the silly words that escaped her lips. Never in her life had that she dropped a line like this, and somehow she liked it but she felt embarrassed afterwards.

 

She wasn’t the type to be so blunt like this; especially to someone she just met twice. There was something odd about her behavior when she was with her. Her confidence was bursting into her system uncontrollably.

 

Irene was actually stunned at the other's last remark and at the same time her heart was betraying her for beating at an abnormal rate, and she doesn’t want to make it so obvious. Not in front of Seulgi but there’s this sudden electricity creeping up inside her stomach, delaying her feedback to what the monolid female blurted out so confidently.

 

“If I make it easy for you, then you won’t flirt with me anymore, right?” She mumbled a heart stopping reply to Seulgi. At this rate, the Kang heiress bit her inside cheek because if not she won't be able contain her excitement, instead the side of her lips involuntarily quirked up.

 

“Right, how about we discuss this matter outside my workplace? I would prefer to go on a date… with you, if you would allow it.”

 

She bit her lower lip, her eyes were gazing intently in her dark orbs, a habit sge had when thinking.

 

And right now, she couldn’t deny the strong attraction she has for this young girl. But she needed to think this through. If only there are no circumstances getting along the way, she knew that she would have accepted in a heartbeat. But she can't. Not right now.

 

Not this time. Not yet.

 

“We can't.” Irene mumbled a half-hearted response. This was unexpected in Seulgi's thoughts but she understood. They just met recently and a date would be too fast for the both of them.

 

After their intense lighthearted talk, Irene and Seulgi switched to business matters and she assured that the product will be delivered at their place on the promised date. She showed her some of her new designs and since she was an interior designer as well, she gave some new ideas, making slight changes on the furniture.

 

Until they agreed to see each other for some time, hanging out like as good friends. Mutually decided by the two after exchanging of numbers.

 

Seulgi offered to walk her outside the office and seeing her talking animatedly with someone shocked her employees since they haven’t seen their boss so relaxed until today.

 

Then as an intuition, she escorted her near the Mini Cooper S beside her Lambo, since it’s the only car parked in front of her office.

 

“Where are you going, Seulgi?” Irene began to wonder before crossing the street.

 

“You said you parked your car outside… isn’t it this yours?” She trailed, confused. The shorter woman shook her head as she jogged across the street to the other establishment.

 

After reaching her car, she slid in and maneuvered the car expertly while watching on her side mirror for any forthcoming cars. Seulgi was in awe upon seeing her driving skills, plus, Irene's driving her McLaren.

 

She skillfully drove her car as she stopped at exactly twenty centimeters near the sidewalk. The window on the passenger’s side began to slide down, revealing the Irene.

 

“You’re driving this, Bae?”

 

“Why not? Aren’t I cool enough?” She chuckled.

 

“I just didn’t expect a girl like you, would drive a fancy car like this in a daylight.” Seulgi chortled, really entertain by her uniqueness.

 

“Well, I race. But I seldom use this car for such events.” She shrugged as if racing was a normal thing to do. Seulgi’s interest on her hiked up, she’s definitely incomparable.

 

“Falling for me already?” She queried, a smirk playing on her lips.

 

“Huh?” Seulgi faced her, not on her right mind on wandering thoughts. She cleared , trying to compose herself, she can’t possibly lose her cool in front of her.

 

“I’m looking forward to see you race, then.” She took the liberty to invite herself.

 

She laughed amusingly at how innocent and cute the monolid girl looked.

 

“Okay, human Elsa. See you around.” She bid goodbye after framing her face with one of her shades, the next thing Seulgi knew was that her scar was speeding away.

 

Definitely, a hot girl.

 

 

The KSG Industry president was rushing out from her office when th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter