Could you keep a secret? ~Hidden Chapter~

Accidental Meetings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Chaewon, a graduating senior from Class B, had a secret. What secret? She's fallen. And at the same time, she's a coward.

 

It's been months since she started doing it. Doing what? Well, going to a certain toilet even though there was another one which was closer to her classroom. But why? Why go to a toilet that was further than one near your classroom? Well, the answer lies in one of the classrooms near that specific public toilet.

 

Chaewon walked, not hurrying to her destination and for one reason: the Japanese girl by the window, the one responsible for making her feel bewildered, awkward and weird, and at the same time, soft, affectionate, and shy among all things. The redhead felt like kicking herself whenever she asks that same self as to why she was doing this but she herself doesn't know why. Was it admiration? Or was she… in love? Chaewon wants to shake her head every time she thinks about it but all she could think of was the sophomore's cute cheeks, her adorable ponytail, and even the lovely smile on her face- Stop. Stop. Oh please, stop.

 

Now inside a cubicle in the toilet, Chaewon lightly acquainted her head in the wall, asking herself again and again and again internally why she goes to these lengths just to capture a side profile from the sophomore who probably is not aware who she was. Seeing how petty it was, she repeatedly acquainted her forehead to the wall. Her forehead was now red, and she can't help it.

 

Perhaps all this time she was looking at the girl, she couldn't help but fall. After all, who wouldn't? Looking at her from the window of the seniors' classroom whenever the sophomores have Physical Education class clearly wasn't helping her case. Seeing the girl try her best running, stretching, and even performing a backflip has Chaewon on the edge of her seat. One time, the Japanese sophomore failed a backflip and fell on her back and good lord, it made Chaewon stand from her seat, making her classmates and teacher alike wonder what was going through her mind… which was not the point. The point was wanting to help the Japanese girl and yet she couldn't. Because Kim Chaewon, a graduating student from Class B, was a huge coward.

 

Her brown-haired seatmate could just chuckle at the amusing reactions that the redhead kept on showing. And it was almost always met with an elbow straight to the younger Kim's ribcage. After all, Kim Chaewon couldn't help it. She was undeniably and obviously soft for the sophomore.

 

Going back to the current situation where she was, she sighed, opening the door of the toilet cubicle to leave. She was going to rejoice because here comes another round of the cute girl's side profiles but perhaps she was in for a greater treat.

 

Chaewon would be lying if seeing the Japanese sophomore walking towards her didn't make her heart flutter. Seeing the girl's front profile this time, Chaewon was speechless. The sophomore's white skin looked soft and the ponytail that she was used to seeing from 3 stories high doubled the girl’s charms the closer the sophomore got.

 

All the redhead could think of was that the sophomore was cute, adorable, pretty, and all sorts of synonyms for the first word but most importantly, she was perfect. At least for Chaewon.

 

And then it dawned on the redhead. Why was she walking towards her? Oh my god, did she find out that the redhead had been looking at her on Chaewon's way to the toilet? Chaewon immediately wished for the time to stop, a la Dio Brando and furthermore, wanted her limit to be at least 1 minute, enough to run back to her class, just so the sophomore would come back to a resumed time where Chaewon wasn't in front of the toilet, or her even.

 

But then the girl started talking and after hearing the girl's sweet voice, Chaewon suddenly doesn't want her earlier thoughts to happen.

 

"H-hey!" Wait… Did the sophomore stutter just now?

 

"O-oh… Hey," Chaewon tried answering coolly but it failed. A sign for the start of a really awkward conversation that Chaewon wishes wouldn't happen for their first meeting. Please… Please don't.

 

"W-what a coincidence, right?" Coincidence? Chaewon wasn't sure what she was hearing because all she could do is gaze at the magnificent sight in front of her. And that was the cute sophomore who she has been looking at whenever she goes to the toilet.

 

"Y-yeah…?" The redhead didn't know what to say. Because everything was happening to her in slow motion and almost all the sounds around her weren't registering to her ear, only that the girl was in front of her, and that the girl’s voice sounded like the cherubs from the heavens above. But then…

 

"You're using the toilet too?"

 

"Yes, I am."

 

"Nice to hear!"

 

Wait, what? The redhead's eyes squinted upon hearing it. "Okay? See you." After bidding the girl farewell, the redhead left, leaving the Japanese to enter the facility.

 

While walking back to her class, Chaewon thought of what just happened and the whole conversation probably didn't make sense. Well, how would it be? Chaewon was only admiring the sophomore's beauty the whole time, and everything the girl said sounded like music to the senior's ears, like those classical pieces in the orchestras played by the main violinist, who was obviously the Japanese sophomore in Chaewon's case.

 

The moment she got back to her class, her seatmate, the younger Kim called Kim Minju, was throwing a smug knowing look at her because the younger very much knew why the older Kim went to the toilet again.

 

The redhead glared daggers at her even upon reaching her seat.

 

"How was your way to and from the toilet? Was it cute?" Kim Minju chuckled, much to the older Kim's chagrin.

 

"Yah, Kim Minju. One more and I'll tell the puppy freshman that you've been stalking her on Instagram." The redhead's glare wasn't diminishing in intensity.

 

The younger Kim just scoffed at the provocation. "Sure, do that and I'll tell our really cute junior that you've been going to that toilet for a petty side profile."

 

"YAH!"

 

Everyone in the class looked at where the shout came from. The teacher did as well.

 

"Is something the matter, Kim Chaewon-ssi?" The teacher asked, glaring at the redhead.

 

Chaewon quickly waved her hand, dismissing the question. "It's nothing… Sorry."

 

The rest of the class then went back to focusing on the lessons. However, Chaewon was still glaring at Minju who was stopping herself from laughing.

 

///

 

It was lunch and Chaewon and Minju were at the rooftop, eating together. The two had been friends since their freshman days and the fact that they both shared their dorm room even made them closer.

 

Minju recalled how Chaewon looked when she went back to the classroom earlier which prompted her to break the silence between the both of them. "So…" This immediately caught the redhead's attention. "What happened when you went for a toilet break earlier?"

 

Chaewon then went to tell an excruciatingly vague account as to what happened earlier, how she probably didn't hear anything on their first conversation and the fact that the only things that registered to her ear were the sophomore telling her that it was a coincidence that both of them were going to use the same toilet.

 

Minju squinted her eyes after hearing the whole story. "Are you for real?"

 

"What? What do you mean?" Chaewon sent a question back as a reply.

 

Minju sighed as she cannot believe that Chaewon was this bad. It was one thing to be a panicked gay in front of your crush but Chaewon just set up the bar too high after being too mesmerized with the whole stimulus that she wasn't even able to hear anything but the poor sophomore asking her if she was using the toilet too and the like. The younger Kim now felt that the older will only fail at life, not being able to ask the girl of her dreams out, or at all. Wait. Hold up, hold up. What? Kim Minju tried to remember what the older Kim told her about.

 

"'You're using the toilet too?' 'Nice to hear.'" Minju tried repeating the words and something clicked in her mind. After the realization, a smile surfaced on her lips, one of the signals for Chaewon to abandon ship and just run away, picking up a new identity at some faraway town. But before Chaewon could evaporate, Minju held her by the wrist. "Wait up, wait up. I'm not going to do anything, Chaewon." The younger Kim chuckled and perhaps would let the older live. For one more day, that is.

 

Seeing this made Chaewon sit back on the elevated concrete but still a bit guarded just in case the brunette plans to do something. "Then what was that for?"

 

"Well…"

 

The older Kim listened intently.

 

"I think the feelings are mutual here."

 

Chaewon scoffed. "Mutual my . She has a cute classmate and they really look cute together." A frown manifested on the older Kim's lips afterwards.

 

Seeing how oblivious the girl was, the younger Kim facepalmed. 'Oh my goodness.' Minju just opened her smartphone and looked at the new notifications on her Instagram app.

 

///

 

A few days later, Chaewon and Minju were walking around the corridors when they saw someone familiar to Chaewon. It was the small Japanese sophomore who sits beside Hitomi, who only had a name on Chaewon's mind after a few more accidental meetings.

 

Chaewon didn't want to approach the midget but Minju did so normally and Chaewon just stood there, wanting to strangle Minju for the poise the younger Kim has whenever she approaches people. Chaewon wondered if this was, perhaps, the confidence of a school beauty but she also knew Minju was just an approachable person; she doesn't let popularity go to her head, she's just the same Minju that she was and has been, from their first year in High school.

 

Back to the situation at hand, Minju mumbled several things to the sophomore and after a few seconds, she signaled to Chaewon that it was alright to approach the Japanese sophomore.

 

Chaewon did so, gulping along the way. 'Is this alright?' Thought the redhead while making her way to the midget. Upon reaching her intended destination, the target smiled at her which probably means good or else she has to run away and assume another identity.

 

"So you need something, senpai?" asked the sophomore, a smile still plastered on her lips.

 

Chaewon nodded vigorously. "Uhm… You see… I…"

 

"It's about Hiichan, right?"

 

It was a direct hit.

 

"Yeah… I was hoping if I could… Y'know…?" The redhead scratched the back of her neck with an uneasy smile on her lips.

 

Nako threw a knowing look at her. "You want her number?"

 

Chaewon replied with an enthusiastic nod to which Nako only gave a sigh.

 

"So when do you plan to text her?"

 

The question had taken Chaewon aback. She didn't know when would be the right time because to be very honest, she's still very much shy around her even though they had been meeting quite a lot by accident.

 

Minju sighed and answered Nako's question instead. "Well, Chaewon is a coward gay so that might be a little… Well… A bit too far in the future."

 

Nako giggled. "Don't worry. Hiichan will be more than happy to receive the messages. So don't be shy, senpai." She then opened her phone and flashed the bread-loving sophomore's number on the screen. "Here. Copy it."

 

The redhead opened her iPhone SE, copied the number carefully and closed the phone afterwards. "Thanks a lot… For this."

 

Nako shook her head. "No problem." The midget then looked at the time on her wristwatch. "Well, it's time for me to go. Good luck, senpai!"

 

Watching the vertically challenged sophomore go, a smile surfaced on the older Kim's lips.

 

"She'll be very happy to receive a message, huh?" Chaewon looked at her phone and then to the younger Kim. "Hitomi is such an angel, Minju!" She then grabbed the mentioned girl by the shoulders and started shaking them.

 

'Oh good lord, have mercy-' was the only thought in Minju's mind while her shoulders were being shaken by the older Kim.

 

///

 

It was a week since Hitomi and Chaewon's meeting in front of the toilet.

 

Minju and Chaewon just arrived in their dorm room and thus had to inform the dorm mistress about their arrival.

 

Minju tried sending a message but her phone suddenly died, making her irritable. "Chaewon, lend me your other phone. I need to text the dorm supervisor or it'll be the end of me," Minju lazily stated as her dead phone was thrown on her bed before following by throwing herself on the bed as well.

 

Chaewon checked her pockets to find an iPhone SE with its screen not flashing. "Here." She threw the phone to Minju who caught it with both of her hands.

 

"You prick. If the phone breaks, I'm not replacing it." Minju rolled her eyes, opening the phone with her thumbprint. The access was denied, prompting a hiss from the younger Kim. "Yah, you really removed my thumbprint from accessing the phone?"

 

Her words were met with ignorance from the older Kim.

 

Minju clicked her tongue. She tried using the passcode, which she hopes was still the same. 0-8-0-1. The screen unlocked, revealing the Japanese sophomore as the wallpaper. The brunette sighed after seeing the probable reason as to why the older Kim removed her thumbprint's access. Now, to her main agenda, the text message. She went to the messaging application, clicked the new message button and typed the words:

 

Hi. I'm already here.

 

And clicked the recipient of the message.

 

"What's the name of the Dorm Supervisor in your phone again?" asked Minju, scrolling down to see the other contacts in haste.

 

"Dorm Head."

 

Typing the letter 'H', she quickly tapped the first to appear and sent it without looking. After the message confirmed that it was sent, the younger Kim checked if she sent it correctly and suddenly, Kim Minju, a graduating student from ENOZI All-Girls Academy, has never felt so scared in her entire life.

 

"Oh my god… I sent it to Hitomi-ssi."

 

Chaewon picked up the words quickly. Real quickly. "What? What did you say?" asked the redhead as she turned around, her facial expressions were clearly scrutinizing Minju.

 

Minju gulped. "I said…"

 

"I sent it to Hitomi-ssi accidentally!"

 

The color drained from Chaewon's face faster than ever. The redhead quickly ran to Minju to snatch the phone from the younger Kim's hands. She looked at the screen of the phone and saw the abomination that happened.

 

[ Honda Hitomi ]

 

Hi. I'm already here.

 

Chaewon was panicking. "What do I do? What do I do?"

 

Obviously annoyed, Minju held both of Chaewon's shoulders immediately. "Just reply to clear things out!"

 

"HOW DO I CLEAR THINGS OUT!?"

 

Minju sighed, took the phone from Chaewon's hands, and typed a new message.

 

Oh. I'm sorry. I meant to send that to a friend of mine but accidentally sent it to a wrong number. Who is this?

 

"Geez, calm down." Minju shook her head as she waited for a response.

 

A reply then came.

 

Oh, it's fine. Some sophomore in a school.

 

Chaewon quickly snatched the phone from Minju's hands to see the reply. "Oh my god, it's really her!"

 

Minju glared at Chaewon. "Of course. Nako-ssi isn't a bad person after all." The younger Kim then nudged the older. "Come on, send a reply! Don't let this conversation die, Chaewon."

 

I see. I'm a senior at ENOZI All-Girls Academy. Sorry, really.

 

A reply came after a few seconds which made Chaewon almost die.

 

Eh? I'm from the same school! Are you from Class B? And no, it's alright!

 

Minju chuckled while watching the older despair. "Looks like she's expecting it to be you." With a teasing grin on her face, she nudged the older Kim more. "Reply more. Come on, Chaewon. More! More!"

 

Chaewon, whose panicking has ceased, glared at the younger Kim. "You're enjoying this, aren't you?"

 

Minju feigned crying.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter