better off with you than anybody else.

Powers Unnoticed

(a/n: this first part with seungri is supposed to be in italics to show that it’s from the past but i’m on mobile so :/ )

(a/n: remember. JUST this past memory is from the past ksdndbbdbsbs)


 

engulfed in the translucent shadows of mist clouding the night, a masked figure leaped to branch to branch—barely making it on the third jump. a drip of an unknown substance made its way down to the leaf-covered ground, alarming them. they grabbed at the branch, getting back on track. a rustle behind the figure made them fasten even more, taking risky leaps.  they started to struggle, the stamina of the figure decreasing as they kept on running.

 

on the figure’s cloak, a visible cut was shown deep on their backside. blood leaked from their wound, making them light headed. they jumped down to the ground, leaves beneath their feet making a loud crunching sound. 

 

“please! just stop chasing me!” the individual desperately pleaded, sluggishly pulling out a dagger. the blade glowed in the night’s dark embrace, a growl starting to get louder and louder.

 

a wolf abruptly jumped into the clearing. the wind blew it’s long fur to the side, it’s piercing golden eyes staring straight through the individual. “seungri, who took you here? what are your intentions for trying to take my child?” the wolf growled out.

 

the named man, seungri, stopped playing victim, a laugh escaping his lips. “your child? ..what was the name of it again?” he asked, playing with the dagger in his hands. he threw it up and down in the air as if he were a clown juggling knives.

 

(A/N: he really is a clown though—)

 

“your newborn is nothing much except another abnormal by the name of—“ 

 

before he could continue. the wolf tackled him, biting at his dominant arm. seungri slashed the silver dagger at the wolf’s neck as he sickeningly smiled. his dilated, dull brown eyes peered into the wolf’s eyes before opening his mouth once again.

 

“—son hyejoo.” 

 

——

hyejoo plugged her earbud jack into her phone, shoving the earbuds into her ears. hyejoo never thought she’d say this but, she would’ve rather stay in class and learn instead of attending that stupid assembly. it was just people promoting their clubs—why would you need all of your students for that?

 

hyejoo’s stomach grumbled, in sync with the grumble that escaped from . she was hungry, and people yelling from all slides didn’t help. they were louder than usual, as if her hearing enhanced. hyejoo could’ve sworn that someone was messing with her. how could she be smelling that pineapple scent everywhere she goes? it was weird and she didn’t like it.

 

“aren’t you a bit grumpy today?” a girl asked behind her, but knowing that purple hair hyejoo immediately sensed that it was yerim.

 

“no, just hungry,” hyejoo said, not looking directly at yerim. “that assembly was boring too.”

 

yerim shook her head, making an “X” sign with her arms. “it wasn’t boring! you were just too busy staring at the floor. i think i might join sooyoung’s club though.”

 

hyejoo nodded.

 

“maybe you should join too.”

 

——

the assembly ended with half of the students asleep from boredom. they all started to go back to their classes, jinsoul still puzzled by that darn feather. she pushed her chair back before standing up, a loud screech of the folding chair echoing throughout the room. chaewon had already left jinsoul, the princess skipping out of the gym because of how numb her buttocks were.

 

jinsoul wanted to investigate, she thought as she walked out of the large room, looking at the stage once again before exiting.

 

it wasn’t much to think about—a feather. she looked at the hallway posters, snatching one from the wall.

 

“LOOΠΔ,

A club just meant to have fun and make friends—maybe your crush will even join, who knows? We’ll be songwriting, playing, writing, studying, basically anything you can think of! Just be sure to join this club to get a little treat :).”

 

the poster had a penguin drawing at the right corner, a little speech bubble at its side. read, “join now!” jinsoul observed the poster, giggling softly at a badly drawn swan. it looked more like a zebra, but with wings. 

 

she folded the poster, slipping it into her pocket before walking off to class.

 

——

 

jungeun drummed her pencil on the desk repeatedly, the heat taking over her. it was a bit unbearable, her tie loosened with her collar open. boys in the classroom obviously stared her down like she were prey, but she didn’t care. it wasn’t like one of them could just hook up with her. another thing—her reputation around the school was unpleasant due to the fact that she got in a fight with one of the popular girls, jennie. it wasn’t even her fault, she got framed.

 

jungeun looked out the window, staring at the bloated clouds—any of them could just explode with tears at any time. she thought back to jiwoo’s words from earlier.

 

‘i mean, it is the summer but it’s a really cold day today. literally.’

 

but how could it be when jungeun was literally about to die from heatstroke? her blazer was wrapped around her waist and she would’ve taken off her shirt if it wasn’t for the fact that she was at school. the teacher glanced at jungeun every now and then, catching the girl’s attention.

 

jungeun looked back at the teacher, raising an eyebrow as in ‘what the do you want?’.

 

“wear your uniform the right way, kim.” the teacher said, interrupting the silence.

 

jungeun stared straight at the teacher for a moment before breaking out into laughter. she wiped her eyes, her eyes hardening once again. 

 

“and who are you to tell me what to do?” she challenged, her voice deeper than usual.

 

the students in the classroom made a “ooh” sound, watching the situation in front of them more intensely. the teacher cleared , “detention.”

 

hyunjin furrowed her eyebrows from the back seat, quickly raising her hand. “but she’s just wearing her uniform wrong, miss. how can that get her detention?” she spoke.

 

jungeun looked behind her, noticing the brunette. she nodded, agreeing with hyunjin

 

“it ain’t that deep.” 

 

the teacher’s cheeks started to redden, meaning that she was embarrassed. so, there was only one thing to do.

 

 

“i can’t believe you got me in here.” jungeun sighed, staring at the confused brunette.

 

hyunjin groaned, tapping the table impatiently. her light brown eyes shone under the sun that peaked through the clouds. she raked her fingers through her hair.

“it wasn’t my fault..” hyunjin whined. “i shouldn’t even be here. you’re the one who should be here instead of me being here with you. i mean— you just wore your uniform incorrectly! why should we be in the principal’s office because of that?”

 

jungeun looked at hyunjin for a moment before scoffing, “they’re es, really.”

 

hyunjin leaned backwards in her chair, the two legs of the chair going up in the air. jungeun watched the girl play with a pencil out of boredom, jungeun herself getting bored too. the door creaked open, a familiar girl walking in.

 

the pencil dropped—same with hyunjin. she lost her balance on the chair after seeing the new girl entered the room. she fell off the chair, hitting her head first on the cold floor.

 

heejin yelled out of surprise, quickly helping hyunjin out of instinct while jungeun tried to cover her laugh.

 

“are you okay?” heejin asked, taking hyunjin’s hand in hers.

 

hyunjin couldn’t even process what was happening right now. she just continued to stare deep into heejin’s eyes, hyunjin’s own pupils dilating. “i— uh— err— no?— yes—“ hyunjin tried to find words, only failing in making a sentence.

 

she closed her eyes and took a deep breath before opening them again, seeing heejin’s worried expression. “y—yeah, i’m okay. i-it’s just a little bump, i-i guess.” hyunjin stuttered.

 

she cast her eyes down at the ground before looking up at heejin’s face, expecting her to be weirded out. but to her surprise, heejin was smiling. jungeun gagged, clapping her hands.

 

“hey, lovebirds! get focused!” jungeun yelled.

 

hyunjin got out of her trance, nodding quickly as heejin let go of hyunjin’s hand—the warmth quickly disappearing as hyunjin’s disappointment appeared. she was missing heejin’s touch already.

 

heejin pulled back the principal’s chair, taking a seat before tugging it back to the desk. “so, you two might be wondering why i’m here instead of the principal! well, he’s absent today so as apart of student council, i’ll be covering for him.” heejin said with a proud smile on her face.

 

they both nodded except hyunjin nodded more enthusiastically. “so, mind to tell me how you two got in here?”

 

jungeun spoke up, deciding to save hyunjin from the embarrassment she would have from stuttering too much. ‘this girl definitely has a crush on heejin,’ she thought.

 

“i just wore my uniform incorrectly and the teacher sent me here with hyunjin.”

 

heejin raised an eyebrow in confusion. “what? i can understand why you’re here, but why hyunjin?”

 

jungeun sighed. “she spoke up for me, i guess.”

 

heejin nodded, understanding. “i’ll let you two off of this.” she said, but quickly turned to jungeun. “only if you, miss kim, start to wear your uniform correctly from now on.” 

 

hyunjin pokes jungeun’s arm, mouthing something like: “do it. do it.”

 

the brunette shook her head up and down, agreeing to the deal. “the teacher was stupid anyways.” jungeun muttered.

 

heejin dismissed the two, watching curiously at hyunjin who ran out of the room unlike jungeun who was relaxed. she shrugged it off, walking out of the room after them.

 

 

yeojin had already grabbed sooyoung’s club poster, submitting it to the office to join. she was curious about sooyoung and there was probably only one answer to how she can find out more about her.

 

she also met up with chaewon and yerim, the two freshmen doing the same thing as yeojin. well, that’s what yeojin thinks. chaewon actually just joined the club because jinsoul was about to too. so, in order to spend more time with her unnie, she joined sooyoung’s club.

 

being the only club that actually wasn’t boring (to yerim), the purple haired girl decided to join. she liked having fun and making people happy despite the days where she was down. yerim is just the type of girl to keep on smiling until the very end—even if she’s in pain. those who smile the brightest are the saddest, and yerim agrees on that. but she doesn’t like being negative. so she keeps a smile on.

 

yeojin shyly walks towards yerim, poking her shoulder. “hey! uh, not to be rude or anything but can i just ask why you’re joining the club?”

 

yerim flashes her bright smile once again before looking down to answer yeojin. “just to make friends! like what sooyoung said.”

 

she nods slowly, an awkward smile on her face. “ah, okay.”

 

“why are you joining the club?” yerim asks.

 

yeojin shrugs. “i’m just bored, i guess.”

 

“you’re yeojin from math class, right?” yerim pointed at yeojin.

 

she nodded with a smile. “yeah, why?”

 

“i’m just bored, i guess.” yerim mocked yeojin, giggling as yeojin playfully punched her shoulder.

 

“i’m joking, froggo.” the purple haired girl laughed. “but hey! since we know each other now.. do you want to maybe hang out later?”

 

froggo, yeojin thought. it was a cute nickname but froggo..? how did that even pop up in yerim’s mind? 

 

“i guess so, sure.” yeojin smiled.

 

yerim returned the smile, a faint blush coming to her cheeks.

 

——

 

“join sooyoung’s club with me pleaaaase…!” a high pitched voice yelled out. “it’ll be fun, i swear! just join with me! i’m your best friend, jungie!”

 

“okay, but how would that excuse make me go with you?”

 

jiwoo groaned, facepalming. “just go with me, please!”

 

jungeun sighed, patting jiwoo’s head. “fine.”

 

in a matter of .2 seconds, jiwoo had the biggest smile you could have ever seen. it was as if the sun were right in front of jungeun, beaming. until the next statement made jiwoo tackle jungeun down.

 

“just know that i’m not going to help you with you and your sooyoung crush.”

 

the two crashed on the floor, rolling like wheels as jiwoo held jungeun in a headlock. jiwoo’s leg was tangled with jungeun’s, jungeun’s arms up in the air as she tried to reach for jiwoo.

 

“i gIVE UP!” jungeun screamed. “STOP IT, JIWOO!”

 

from that afternoon, jungeun learnt her lesson:

 

never mess with tiny babies who have a third degree black belt—or anyone who has a third degree black belt, honestly.

 

——

 

kahei and haseul were located at a coffee shop, the two having a coffee date. but haseul was just staring down at the mug in her hands filled with coffee. the older girl leaned towards haseul, looking at her with curious eyes. 

 

“why do you keep staring at your coffee?” kahei asked, tapping haseul’s cheek.

 

haseul looked up, only jumping back a bit from seeing kahei’s face up so close. it was a beautiful sight, haseul agreed to her thoughts. but boundaries exist, she remembered.

 

“sorry.. did i scare you?” the chinese woman questioned, getting closer to haseul once again.

 

just as haseul raised her mug and drank out of it, she choked from the distance between the two of them. coughs slipped out of . and once haseul tried to suppress them, they just came out harder. it sounded like a dying bird.

 

“i’m—“ kahei patted her back. “—fine!” haseul exclaimed, wiping the coffee off of her lips.

 

the silence rece again. haseul nervously laughed, scratching her nape as kahei drummed her fingers on her mug. “do you think it’ll snow?” kahei asked, her voice soft enough to make haseul’s heart almost melt.

 

haseul smiled, scooting her chair forward and folding her arms, placing them on the table. “well, it is the summer after all so i don’t think so. but who knows, kahei. the cold weather was unexpected so maybe it will snow.”

 

the scarf that haseul wore started to loosen, grabbing kahei’s attention. kahei leaned over the table, tying the knot tighter. haseul felt kahei’s breath on her face, making the younger blush a bit. after fixing the small problem, kahei got back to her seat, going back to the topic.

 

“i hope it does snow though!” kahei clapped her hands together happily. “we could even make a snowman together, don’t cha’ think?”

 

haseul nodded, her eyes turning into crescents as she smiled at the sight of kahei being happy. they really got close quick. haseul definitely didn’t regret her decision of asking kahei to go to the local cafe with her.

 

haseul made up her thoughts really quick,

 

if kahei is happy, then she would be happy with her too.