Stranger

Cryptic

Orange and gold tinge lighting a tall and lean man who sat on one of the green park benches, book in hand read halfway through.His soft dark brown hair swaying a little as the warm rays slowly were replaced by cool wind. Leaves in hues of brown and red, dancing as night drew near. It looks picturesque.

I liked him for quite some time now. I guess I was attracted by the thought of someone mysterious and different from me. I wanted to know him; every chapter and page of his life.

Though curious as I was about him, I didn’t dare to approach. He seemed too ethereal. A being of different stature than I. Yet, here I am, staring and admiring him from afar. Unable to tear my gaze away.

 

One day, however, I was tired and rested for a bit.

My eyes were closed and I was on the edge of falling asleep when a warm hand tapped my shoulder. Blinking away the confusion, I stared at the owner of the warmth. All the sleepiness within me vanished.

I was suddenly awake.

He was standing in front of me, a smile on his lips. He was so close. Every fiber of my being was taken. 

It was then I realized, I had been resting on his spot. The very spot I kept on glancing at from a distance.

I was flustered and abruptly stood up. My profuse and continuous apology was met with laughter. As awkward as the situation was for me, I laughed along. We exchanged formalities and began talking.

I then knew, I was falling in love.

 

We interacted often and I felt hopeful. Even the repercussions, were not enough to change my mind. I knew this was wrong but in this moment, I was blissful.

Maybe.

Just maybe there is a chance.

 

We were never meant to cross paths with them. It was considered foolish to deviate from the natural order. Everyone from above follows these rules but I was defying Father for love.

Maybe it would be different.

Maybe they were all rumors. Nothing but lies to scare guardians.

I plucked courage to confess my emotions and end the uncertainty.

 

I was drawn in by him, taking note of his every feature. His black orbs stared into mine as smooth hands caressed my cheek, his sharp nose and plump lips. Warm hands holding my waist and neck. Time ticked to a stop as he inched closer. My entire being was captive.

He was luring me in. A mesmerizing creature forbidden by our laws. Like the beautiful orange and gold tinted afternoon sky when I first saw him, the bright rays of hope slowly succumbed to the dark. All light gone.