Burning Liquor

Mr. Charming
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 5: Burning Liquor

 

When Jimin showed up at the address Yoongi gave him, it was quite surprising. From passing the kid a few times, he didn’t expect Jungkook to work at a place like this. The building looked quite nice, so is the location. 

 

Jimin waited awhile until it was closing time. As the last customer walked out, he slipped inside. 

“Sorry, but we were just closing-“ Jungkook stops mid sentence once he saw Jimin. The kind look he wore quickly became dark. 

“Get out.”

“Oh, is this how you’re gonna treat your customer? Maybe I should talk to your boss,” Jimin says cockily and walks closer towards Jungkook. 

“Sure, go ahead and tell him he’s treating his customers badly.” Jungkook doesn’t waste anytime standing around longer, and walks away. 

“Wait wait wait, you’rethe boss?” Jimin scoffs, And follows Jungkook to the back of the shop.

“Yea, why? Someone like me can’t be one?” 

 

“No no, I just didn’t expect it,” Jimin replies as he observes the shop. 

“If you don’t have anything important to do, then please leave.” Jungkook turns around, and stares at Jimin. 

“Look,” Jimin stops admiring the place and glares at Jungkook. “I don’t know what you think, but Seokjin is mine. And if you even try to take him, dream on it. You’re nothing but a little brother to him,” Jimin sneers, and proceeds to walk out. 

 

Jungkook shouts, and grabs Jimin. He throws Jimin on the ground, and punches him over and over and over. No matter how many times Jimin tried to fight back, Jungkook was much stronger and just kept going. Jimin was so sure he was gonna pass out. The sound of the door opening didn’t even bother Jungkook.

“Stop!” 

 

Jungkook doesn’t stop though, he just kept punching. 

“I said stop Jungkook!” Jin runs over, and tries pulling Jungkook off. “Please!” 

Jungkook slowed down once he heard Jin. His hands fell to his side; his chest rose up and down heavily. Jimin’s face was red all over, blood slowly dripping from his mouth and cheekbone.

 

“Jimin,” Jin gasps, and rushes over. He gently touches Jimin’s face, almost shuddering. Seokjin doesn’t say anything else, and helps Jimin up, walking him over to a chair. “I’ll find you some ointment.” 

 

As Jin runs to a cabinet, he stops midway to glance at Jungkook. He was still in the same spot, staring at the ground where Jimin was laying. 

 

“Let me see,” Jin says once he returned to Jimin. Jimin tilts his head back slightly, wincing once Jin began wiping him with a damp towel. Even after he got beaten up, Jimin stared up at Jin flirtatiously as he was applying the ointment. 

“Thanks,” Jimin whispers, his hand slowly crawling to Jin’s. 

“Here let me-“

“It’s alright, I’m leaving.” Jimin stood up, and walks straight out the door.

 

Jin looked back at Jungkook, who was still sitting on the ground. He didn’t know what to do and say. As much as he disliked Jimin, Jin felt sad when he saw Jimin all beaten up. He wanted to take care of Jimin, and make sure he’s okay. 

 

“Jungkook,” Jin called out, but there was no response. “Ggukie, are you okay?”

Jungkook looked up, his eyes were blank, but secretly filled with rage. It scared Jin, how he held two opposite emotions. Jin’s never seen Jungkook like this, it was almost as if he was possessed. “I’ll come back tomorrow morning.” Jin looks at Jungkook once more before leaving the shop. 

 

He went to his car, still slightly frightened from what he just witnessed. There is no way his best friend would ever do something like that. Jungkook wouldn’t hurt anyone, nothing. He has the purest heart. Jin grabbed the hem of his shirt tightly, looking down at the ground. 

 

He uttered a yelp as someone grabbed him. 

“It’s just me,” Jimin says, and hugs Jin. “I just wanted to hug you, sorry.” Jin didn’t move, and allowed Jimin to hug him gently. Even though Jimin was hurt, Jin was still upset at him about the nightclub. He wanted to push Jimin away, to show that he’s angry at him. But then, as Jimin buries his face into Jin’s shoulder, Jin just couldn’t do it. He missed Jimin, he misses Jimin’s company. Jin felt like a true idiot, but told himself it was just one video. It could’ve just been once, and possibly even an old video of Jimin. And Jimin, he says that he doesn’t go to those places. That he goes home at night. Jin shook those thoughts away, choosing to believe that what he saw is true, no excuses. 

 

So slowly, Jin slid his arms up to Jimin’s chest, and gave him a small push. Jin stepped back, and looked up at Jimin. “Don’t, don’t let me see you again,” Jin says shakily. He allowed himself to be with Jimin for another second before running away. 

 

...

 

Jungkook rinsed his hands. His knuckles stung, but he could care less. Beating Jimin was easier than he thought, but it wasn’t satisfying. He got nothing from it, but a poor beaten up guy. Jungkook still hates Jimin, and he wouldn’t hesitate to punch him if he showed up again. 

 

He walked out to the front room, looking around. It was empty. Jin left, but a part of him hoped Jin had returned. Since he didn’t, Jungkook walked over to where Jimin sat, and grabbed the ointment. He unscrewed the top off, and dipped his finger in, applying a small glob of the cream over his knuckles. All of this was nothing new to Jungkook. It was only when he met Jin that things changed. 

 

...

 

The next morning, Jin woke up early to cook some of Jungkook’s favorite dishes. He was on his way out when Jimin showed up. “I thought I said-“

“I’m sorry Jin. If you’re still upset at me, at least hear me out,” Jimin says. “I don’t know who told you that, but you know me. I didn’t show up everyday to joke around with you. You’re special to me, I wouldn’t even go see other people when I have you. I miss you every moment, and I can’t be without you.” 

 

Jin didn’t believe Jimin at first, but he thought about it more. Before Jungkook showed him the vi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter