NOVEMBER 2017

SWIPED

HAN SEOJIN'S POV

My plane from Thailand just landed.

Finally, I'm home. 

Oh, I had my 6 months internship in a four star hotel in Thailand. I was an attendant and it totally freaked me out when everyone was having a hard time talking to me in English. You might be curious how on Earth I could speak English when I live in Korea. I'm a half American and Korean, by the way. My dad works in a cruise so we barely see each other. I stay with my mom along with my two sisters in Seoul. My older sister works for Korean Air while my younger sister is still on her senior high school. 

Going back, during my 6 months, it's funny how fast I could understand and speak basic Thai. It was fun working in a hotel restaurant but I had more fun because it's totally different how we live in Seoul. Night life, bars, and alcohol are pretty much everywhere.

Mom picked me up on the airport.

"Seojin-ah!" I saw her waving her hands at the barricade as she calls my name. Oh, mom. Tears began to fall in my eyes. I really missed her. 

It was my first time going out of the country for so long and I was by myself. I didn't know how to cope up with the homesickness at first but prolly. I mastered it already. I'm proud of myself. I'm sure mom, too. 

I immediately ran and hugged her so tight. "I missed you." I whispered as she hugged me back.

"Missed you, too, my baby" She kissed my forehead. It's definitely good to be back. 

 

A few days had passed, I catched up with my best friends. It felt like forever since I last saw them. Totally missed my girls. We went to a barbeque grill in Gangnam and planned to have a few drinks. "Hey, it's been a year since you've been in a relationship." Yujin suddenly opened up this love life topic. 

My past relationship was terrible or I should say, worst. It wasn't like the relationship goals you see in the internet. It totally wrecked me physically and emotionally. It wasn't healthy. We used to hit each other so I said we should totally break up but that guy was scaring the out of me and saying he'd kill himself I broke up with him. I had to deal with that for a year, argh. I don't know how I did that but I'm glad we're not together anymore. So end of story. 

"You know I'm not ready to be in a relationship, right?" I answered.

"Girl, how about just meeting new guys? If you're not ready, you can always say no. You know?" Yujin rolled her eyes. The other girls agreed with her. Okay, why this topic all of a sudden?

I laughed with all the jokes coming out of Yujin's mouth, "Are you telling me to go for a blind date? Come on. It's 2017! Is that even still a thing?" 

They laughed so loud and Yujin hit my arms. "You, . Blind date? What are we? In the 90's? I'm telling you, there's this thing we call Tinder." 

I looked at her and totally looking like an idiot. This is getting weird. I have a bad feeling about this. 

"It's a phone application. You just have to make an account, upload your most beautiful photos and it'll look for guys nearby hat have interest in you. Ta-da! And that's where the magic starts. I actually have it downloaded on my phone." She showed her phone to me and opened this sketchy app. 

She showed me how this app operates, "So, you'll see here the guys who are nearby. Swipe left if you don't like him and swipe right if that guy interests you. Easy, right?" 

I just nodded but your girl wasn't really paying attention. I just took a bite on my grilled pork but she noticed it that I didn't care. Uh-oh. "Pay attention, you . You're going to thank me later but for now, listen. Okay? After swiping left or right, you'll see immediately if someone has matched with you. It'll give you a notification and you can chat with the guy. Again, that's easier than your math class. So you better listen to me. I'm helping you not get old without a man, alright?" 

This is too annoying, really but Yujin's my best friend since I don't know how long. 

She took my phone and downloaded the application. .

She was making my account and uploaded my not so confident selca's there. Darn it, Yujin.

I couldn't do anything but you know, how about trying it for a few days? I won't die trying it, right? 

Let's see. 

 


author's note: 

Hey, reader! It's nice seeing you here and I'm so happy that someone finally got an interest reading
my nonsense story but I did my best to write this first short chapter in two hours since I've got some
things to do, too. Adulting, I guess.

I'd be so much thankful to see some comments about your thoughts in first chapter.

I'll see you in the next chapter. Thank you!