Part 1

Connected
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mino woke up in a hotel room, covered only by a thin sheet of a white blanket over his body. A beautiful woman was beside him⁠—arms and legs clinging over his body. He moved slowly to sit on the bed making the woman drop her arms from his chest to his abdomen. Mino knew that she was just pretending to sleep. The trembling eyelids of the woman gave her away.

"Hey, will a wedding proceed without the pianist?" Mino asked without warning.

The woman, startled by Mino's voice, involuntarily opened her eyes and stretched her arms ⁠— still pretending she just woke up. She sat close to him, planting her bare  on his arm while her fingers were playfully tracing the outline of the blue rose tattooed near his chest. Dodging his question, she commented in a sultry voice, "You ask the most random questions. I like it."

Mino, unamused by the woman's ploys⁠, grabbed her hand tightly to make her stop caressing him and placed her hand firmly on her side⁠—away from his body. He looked straight to her eyes and asked again in a commanding tone, "Just answer."

The woman flinched at his sudden dominating voice but his monolid eyes — swallowing her reason whole — were making her hypnotized. She liked him when he was drunk and liked him even more now that he was sober; hotter albeit a bit scary. She carefully answered, "Of course, it will. It's not like the wedding needs a pianist. They only need the groom and the bride. Plus the priest, of course."

Mino stopped for a moment, looking as if he was contemplating something deeply. When he had decided, he removed the blanket covering him and moved to the edge of the bed."Then I guess there's no use in staying here. Might as well go there and give my well-wishes,"  he declared.

"Where are you going?" the woman questioned as she sat up straight alone on the bed⁠—disappointed from failing to seduce the charismatic young man.

"I'm going to get my heart broken," he replied while getting himself dressed in an expensive tuxedo.

"Why? You like the bride or something?" 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter