the starless sky

The Starless Sky
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Irene thinks tonight's setting a harsh reminder on her.

 

She lifts her cigarette and inhales, and, with the feeling of powder full in her lungs, she draws out a breath of smoke that only disintegrated a mere five seconds after being free.

 

She presses her back firm onto the wooden bench situated in a park near Han River. Seeing how there was hardly anybody around, Irene decided to take the opportunity to take a late night walk.

 

She turns her head upward and sees the endless expanse of the night skyㅡ but unlike every other night, it was nothing but a void of darkness. Instead of the ocassional sparkle of stars, the clouds had shrouded the sky with emptiness.

 

It feels as if she was one with the night sky herself. She feels the emptiness the sky seemed to holdㅡ and she's not sure if the feeling was supposed to be reassuring.

 

Damn. I wanted to be in peace, not be reminded by... whatever this is.

 

"Irene unnie!"

 

Irene snaps her head at the direction of the voice, just in time to see the blur of a figure running towards her. The older scrunches her nose before she was greeted by familiarity.

 

"Wendy." Irene breathes out as she tosses her cigarette on the pavement, before grinding it firmly with her shoe. She waits for the blonde-haired girl to arrive, before raising her eyebrows at the blonde. "To think I'd be waiting for you while you're busy making out with your boyfriend."

 

Irene sees the younger's face explode in different variations of red, while stuttering in embarrassment. "Iㅡ well, excuse me for not seeing your text when I clearly told you I was busy!"

 

"Well, I'm just saying. You must care for him a lot to sacrifice time for our nightly talk, anyways." Irene laughs out of amusement as Wendy hastily takes a seat next to her.

 

The older notices that tonight, Wendy's blonde locks look a little unkempt, with some parts of her hair sticking in different directions. Irene grits her teeth as she feels a slight ache on her chest, and barely manages to pry her eyes away before sighing as she take

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter