look at me

Look At Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

How the hell did this happen?

 

Wendy really, really wants to smack Kang Seulgi upside the head for dragging her to where she is now.

 

She's in a closet that was almost devoid of light, if it weren't for her phone's flashlight that had beamed towards the ceiling. It was still dim, but atleast she can make out things in the light's proximity. Across from her sat Irene, but she could hardly make out the older's appearance from the dark.

 

I shouldn't have come. Wendy thought as she hugs her knees to her chest. It all started with Seulgi dragging a very hesitant Wendy to this senior's massive farewell party (Which, mind you, she had absoluely no clue who hosted this party, and just blindly tagged along because of her stubborn bestfriend) and, much to Wendy's dismay, the bear certainly thought it was a good idea to join an ongoing game of spin the bottle.

 

"It'll be fun!" Seulgi laughed, eyes turning into small crescents as she drags Wendy by the wrist, and towards a circle of people that sat near a beige couch, almost secluded from the rest of the party. Wendy can recognize a few playersㅡ mostly the sophomoresㅡ such as Joy, Yeri, and...

 

... Irene?

 

Wendy gulps down the knot that formulated in . Out of the group of young students, the senior stood out the most. But of courseㅡ It's Bae Irene, after all. The school's most popular it-girl. Why wouldn't she stand out?

 

But why would a senior join such a silly game?

 

Wendy wanted to pry herself away and run from everything after setting her eyes on the raven-haired girl. So she abruptly stops walking, which yanked Seulgi back, who lets out a short yelp at the sudden force.

 

Seulgi turns around and scrunched up her nose in confusion, eyeing Wendy's panicked state, before turning back around and spotting Irene. "Oh."

 

"Seulgi, please," Wendy was ready to beg, tugging the older's grip and asking to leave, but Seulgi furrows her eyebrows instead.

 

"Seungwan-ah, it's just Irene-unnie. I thought you moved on? You could only do so much, after all. She hardly had time for us since she's so popular."

 

"Yeah, but that doesn't mean I want to associate myself with her!" Wendy whispers harshly, still trying to loosen Seulgi's hold. Unfortunately, doing so only made the older's grip tighten.

 

"Let loose, Seungwan! It's just a one-time thing, and being in the same game doesn't necessarily mean you guys will get together, so just do this for me. Okay?" Seulgi pouts as she lets her grip loosen and intertwines their fingers instead, soon swinging Wendy's hand as she waits for her answer. The latter would've smacked the living daylights out of her if she wasn't her bestfriend.

 

Wendy bites her bottom lip, before letting out an annoyed sigh. "Fine. Just this once. I'm not doing it again after, okay?"

 

"YES! We're gonna have so much fun!" Seulgi beamed as she continued to drag Wendy, who could only scoff at the older's enthusiasm. 

 

They approached the group, and the circle happily greeted the duo with some laughter and cheers, which admittedly cheered Wendy up by a slight bit.

 

"Alright. We should start changing the rules a bit. It's starting to get boring, and I want things to get heaated!" Yeri yells out, and the majority of the group laughed at the youngers' enthusiasm. 

 

"Dear god. I'm regretting this so much," Wendy mutters as she leans towards Seulgi, who only lets out a small laugh. "We joined at the most convenient timing..."

 

"Okay, then. How about seven minutes in heaven?!"

 

Wendy snaps her head towards the voice, only to see Joy smirk deviously. "Are you a literal child?"

 

"Wendy, please. This is spin the bottle, for god's sake! And it's not like you won't enjoy it, right?" Joy winks at her, which only causes Wendy to make a strange face, like she was gonna hurl at any given moment.

 

"Plus, playing Truth or Dare with everyone just saying truth is really boring. Can we do something new and intense?" Yeri complains as boredom coats her face.

 

"Okay! Come on, Seungwan-ah!" Seulgi whines as she pats Wendy's thighs, which makes Wendy groan as she thinks. This is the second goddamn time...

 

Wendy lets out a sigh, before loosely shrugging. "Fine. Whatever."

 

The group lets out whoops and hollers at her approval, and Wendy could only mull over her decisions thus far.

 

Seven. Minutes. Oh man, what Wendy would do to heighten the chance of not getting chosen.

 

"Alright! Since it was my turn, I'm choosing... Irene-unnie!" Joy cackles as Irene lets out a startled gasp. Before the senior could protest, Yeri reaches out and spins the bottle.

 

The group was silenced in an instant, and Wendy watches as she digs her nails into her palms. The tension in the air was rising, and she's not sure if she likes itㅡ she could feel the intense pressure, much to her dismay.

 

Wendy manages to pry her sights off the bottle and turn her head to eye Seulgi, whose eyes seem to warily analyze the spinning bottle.

 

A few seconds go by, and suddenly her jaw's wide open. Wendy could only squint her eyes in confusion.

 

"Oh damn. Seungwan, look." Seulgi breathes out, voice so quiet that Wendy had to strain her ears in order to hear. She feels a lingering gaze on her, and turns to see the entire group looking at her.

 

Oh . , , , ... the words chant in Wendy's head as she lowers her gaze, only to see...

 

... that, to her dismay, the bottle stopped spinning, and was pointing directly at her.

 

She

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter