You are different.

You are different.

“Ahhh…Go away! Go away! ~” Miyoung yelled as tears escaped her eyes.

“What are you doing?!” Someone shouted from behind.

The man who was pinning the young girl to the wall stopped his actions and looked behind.

“This is not your business. Screw off!” the man bellowed. There was an obvious scent of alcohol in his breath. The young man ignored him and walked up to him.

“I will get the police here if you are still not leaving.” He continued.

“Just my luck!” the ahjussi said as he left with unsteady footsteps.

“Are you okay?” the young man walked over the girl and asked in concern.

“I…I…am okay.” The girl said.

Her eyes were still on the man who just saved her. At that moment when he appeared, time seemed to have stopped for the girl. Every action he made and every word he said captured her heart. To her, he was like a prince in shining armour, coming to the rescue of the princess trapped in the castle. He looked exceptionally handsome at that moment.

“Are you sure?” he asked again.

The girl seemed to be in a state of shock. The man looked at the girl before him and was mesmerised for a second. She was really pretty.

“What… what is your name?” he asked.

“Yoon Miyoung.” The girl replied with a sweet smile.

“Oh. Nice to meet you. My name is Kim Sung Gyu.” He introduced himself politely.

“Prince.” The girl beamed.

“Prince?” the guy repeated as he raised one of his eyebrows.

The girl nodded her head shyly and smiled.

“Is she…” he thought.

“I am lost. I don’t know how to go home.” The girl said and pouted.

Her kiddy voice gave her away the next second. It confirmed his prediction that she was mentally handicapped.

“Okay. Do you have your address or something?” he asked patiently.

“Umm…” The girl dug through her pink bag. “Found it!” she said loudly.

Sung Gyu took the crumpled paper from her and read the address.

“I guess I will have to bring you home. Follow me.” He said and started walking.

The girl was still standing at the same spot.

“Aunt said that we shouldn’t follow strangers.” She mumbled to herself and scratched her head.

Sung Gyu heard her and stopped walking. He sighed and rolled his eyes before turning around.

“Miss Yoon Miyoung, I am being a nice person here to send you home so can you please follow me now?” he said with a plastered smile, trying to keep his cool.

“Okay! Prince wouldn’t harm me!” she said in her kiddy voice and ran towards him.

After walking some distance, the two reached Sung Gyu’s car.

As Sung Gyu stepped onto the accelerator, Miyoung gripped the safety belt across her tightly. She was scared. Sung Gyu cast a side glance and saw fear in her eyes. It was not only fear, there seemed to be pain too. He slowed down the car for her.

Miyoung loosened her grip slightly and Sung Gyu smiled. Once Sung Gyu reached the address written on the paper, he saw a middle-aged lady looking around frantically at the doorstep.

“Is that your aunt?” he asked Miyoung.

“Yep.” She replied and tried to unfasten the seatbelt quickly. However, it was stuck.

“Let me out.” Miyoung scolded the seat belt as she struggled with it.

Sung Gyu shook his head and helped her out. Miyoung felt her heart beat faster when he was so close to her but she didn’t know what that feeling was.

“There you go.” Sung Gyu said as he released the seat belt for her.

The middle-aged lady spotted the car and Miyoung in it. She ran over and pulled her out of the car.

“Miyoung-ah! Where were you? I was looking for you all over the place!” the aunt yelled worriedly.

“Aunt, don’t be angry...” Miyoung said softly as she tugged her sleeve timidly.

Then, her aunt spotted Sung Gyu.

“Oh. Thank you so much for sending our Miyoung home! Will you please come in for some tea, as a form of gratitude for sending our Miyoungie home?” the middle-aged lady said to Sung Gyu.

Feeling her sincerity, Sung Gyu accepted her invitation. After all, it wasn’t nice to reject an elder. Miyoung skipped home and returned to her room happily. The lady served Sung Gyu tea and sat down on the chair opposite him.

“I know it is rude to ask but is she…” Sung Gyu stopped his sentence halfway, realising how inappropriate his question was.

The lady nodded her head sympathetically as if she read his mind.

“Many years back, Miyoung lost her parents in a car accident. It was said that they tried to avoid a walking pedestrian and rammed into a tree as a result. Miyoung was seated on her mother’s lap at that time. Her mother hugged her and protected her from harm. As a result, the…the two of them passed away. She is left behind all alone so I took her in. Unfortunately, her mental age remained at 5 years old since then.” The lady said in a sad tone.

Sung Gyu saw the tears building up in the lady’s eyes as she recalled. He felt a little depressed hearing the story too.

“Is there a chance of recovery?” Sung Gyu asked.

“The doctor said that there is a very slight chance. However, it will be a miracle if she recovers from it.” She said.

“I am sorry about that…” Sung Gyu said, not knowing how to react. He felt a tinge of disappointment after hearing that.

Then, someone hopped over to the two joyfully.

“Aunt! What are you two talking about?” Miyoung asked cutely.

“Nothing. We were just… chatting.” The aunt lied.

“Oh… Prince, this is for you.” Miyoung said as she looked down. She felt her cheeks heating up.

“Thank you.” Sung Gyu said to her with a gentle smile.

He was about to open the card but was stopped by Miyoung immediately.

“Read it when you get home!” she said in embarrassment before running off to her room.

The two laughed at her reaction.

Sung Gyu bowed to the lady and took his leave.

“Yoon Miyoung…” he repeated her name in his car.

He took out the card she gave him and opened it.

Dear Prince

Thank you so much for savin me! Hope you have a nice day! (:

Miyoungie

Sung Gyu laughed a little at the card she made.

“Silly. You spelt ‘saving’ wrongly…” he said.

Then, he carefully kept away the card with a simple flower drawn in front.

A few days later, Sung Gyu was having an important meeting and he was on his way to the venue. He needed to present his project to a well-known company. Being the main presenter, he was definitely nervous at that time. There was a traffic jam for no apparent reason. The radio would probably announce if there was an accident. However, there were no notifications and a jam now.

Sung Gyu blared his horn impatiently and popped his head out of the window to see what was wrong. He saw a girl sitting on the road, yelling and shouting away. Her hair was all in a mess and she seemed hysterical. The man from the vehicle before him had gotten off and started scolding her.

“Are you stupid?! If you want to die, go elsewhere. Don’t sit in the middle of the road and cause a nuisance.” He yelled.

“Aaaahhhh~ No! Don’t! Mama! Papa!” the girl shouted as tears rolled down her cheeks.

“It’s her!” Sung Gyu exclaimed as he got off his car swiftly.

“Miyoungie?” he asked and squatted down before her.

“Prince!” she said and hugged him.

She was crying harder than before. The images of the accident she went through were flashing through her mind uncontrollably. The images of her bleeding mother on top of her, her father dying with his eyes wide open on the steering wheel and the loud crash were all coming back to her. She was in pain and confusion. All she could do was to cry, hoping it will stop them from coming.

“Ah. Young man, you know her? Bring her away and lock her at home if she has a problem.” The old man said in an annoyed manner before leaving.

“Miyoungie, shall we go?” Sung Gyu asked kindly as he helped her up.

He seated her in his car and she was staring blankly into space. Sung Gyu glanced at his watch and realised he was running late. However, he knew that he couldn’t possibly leave her in the lurch.

“Miyoung, we have reached.” Sung Gyu said as he turned to her.

He saw her fast asleep on the car seat. She must have been tired from all the crying. Miyoung was onto her thumb like a kid and sleeping soundly. Then, Sung Gyu spotted a tear rolling down her cheek and she had a painful expression on. It pained him to see her like that. He placed his hand on her face and wiped the stray tear away.

“Don’t cry. I am here.” He said to her.

Then, he received a message. It was from his business partner, Woo Hyun.

“Sung Gyu hyung! Where did you go?! The meeting has started. I will be presenting in place of you. See you back home! You have lots of explaining to do!” he read and shook his head.

Turning back to Miyoung, he smiled.

“At least you are fine now…” he thought to himself.

He covered Miyoung with his jacket and shut his eyes too.

“Prince?” Sung Gyu heard someone say.

He opened his eyes and looked at Miyoung. She seemed fine now. She was all cheerful and alright once again, as if nothing happened just now.

“Prince, can we be friends?” Miyoung asked with a genuine smile.

“Sure.” Sung Gyu answered. He took out his name card which had his number printed on it. He scribbled something with his pen and handed it to her.

“There. We are friends now.” He said with a smile.

His smile made Miyoung’s heart skip a beat. She looked at the card and smiled.

Kim Sung Gyu   Prince

Miyoung returned his jacket and thanked him. Sung Gyu felt embarrassed. He rubbed his neck awkwardly and looked away. Miyoung got off his car and returned home. Sung Gyu smiled as she kept turning and waving to him until she went in.

Driving back to his house, he was in high spirits until he saw Woo Hyun. He was furious, crossing his arms on the couch, waiting for Sung Gyu to return.

“Where did you go?” Woo Hyun asked. Sung Gyu could sense his frustration from his tone.

“Something cropped up on the way. I met a mentally handicapped girl whom I know. Her name is Miyoung and she was crying in the middle of the road. I can’t possibly leave her there and go off, can I?” he said.

“Hyung, you knew how important that meeting was. Luckily, I knew some parts of your presentation and managed to cover up. You should at least call to inform.” Woo Hyun said in an upset tone.

“Okay, fine. I am sorry, okay? I promise I will be there for the second meeting tomorrow and do an awesome job! Cheer up, bro. Oh, look. You have wrinkles already. Come on! ~” Sung Gyu said with an apologetic smile and punched Woo Hyun in his arm.

The two burst into laughter eventually and patched back.

The next day…

Sung Gyu was getting ready for the presentation in the meeting room when he received a phone call.

“Prince!! Dead!! Help!!” Miyoung screamed over the phone. Her voice was muffled as she was crying.  He couldn’t make out what she was saying.

“What? Miyoung, calm down and tell me everything slowly.” Sung Gyu said worriedly.

All Miyoung did was repeat what she just said. Sung Gyu got anxious and turned to Woo Hyun.

“Woo Hyun, something is wrong with Miyoung. I think she is in trouble… I have to go. Mianhae!” Sung Gyu said to Woo Hyun before rushing off.

“Hyung! What about the presentation?!” Woo Hyun shouted loudly but was completely ignored.

Sung Gyu sped to Miyoung’s house and shouted for her.

“Miyoung! What’s wrong? Open the door…” Sung Gyu shouted from the doorstep.

Then, the door opened and Miyoung stood there crying.

“What happened? You alright?” Sung Gyu said worriedly as he went forward and grabbed her shoulders.

“I am fine but Sunny is not…” Miyoung said sadly.

“Sunny?” Sung Gyu questioned.

“Her friend… died?” Sung Gyu thought as he followed her to her room.

She sat on her bed and continued crying. Sung Gyu looked around the room and saw no one.

“Where is Sunny?” he asked, confused.

Miyoung pointed to the table and all he saw was a snail’s shell.

“Sunny is a snail?!” Sung Gyu asked in his raised voice.

“He died…” Miyoung said as she sniffed.

“WHAT THE HECK?! Yoon Miyoung, you made me rush all the way here, leaving Woo Hyun and my important meeting behind… all for the sake of this dead snail?! God damn it! Do you know how busy I am today?! Are you stupid or what?” Sung Gyu shouted as he ruffled his hair in frustration and turned away.

He was really upset. Miyoung cried louder than before like a child being deprived of her toys. After some time, Sung Gyu cooled down slightly and started to feel guilty. Miyoung was still crying which made Sung Gyu feel bad for scolding her.

“Miyoung only wanted to give prince a present… Sunny died so I thought… prince should be…be the first one to…to know…” Miyoung said as she continued crying.

Guilt was weighing down on him more than before when he knew the snail was meant as a gift to him. Sung Gyu turned around and walked over to her.

“Mianhae, I didn’t mean to shout at you.” Sung Gyu apologized.

“Can… can prince save… save Sunny?” Miyoung asked as she stopped crying.

Sung Gyu picked up the snail and looked into the hole of the shell. The snail was definitely dead by the look of it.

“It is dead, I can’t do anything about it.” Sung Gyu said to Miyoung.

“Shall…shall we bury him?” Miyoung said sadly.

“What? Bury this?” Sung Gyu asked in surprise and pointed to the snail.

Miyoung nodded her head and stood up.

Taking the snail down to Miyoung’s garden, the two buried the snail in the soil. Sitting before the spot where they buried ‘Sunny’, Miyoung looked up at the sky. The sun was shining brightly down at the two while the pristine clouds floated aimlessly in the sky.

“Prince, has Sunny gone to heaven to join appa and eomma?” Miyoung asked innocently.

“I think so…?” Sung Gyu replied with a smile.

“I wonder if heaven is far. Why don’t appa and eomma visit me anymore after they went there…?” Miyoung said as she looked down.

“Miyoung—ah. They don’t visit you because they are watching you from above.” Sung Gyu said as he looked at her.

“Really? Where are they?” Miyoung asked as she searched the sky.

“They are… behind those clouds hiding.” Sung Gyu lied.

“No wonder I can’t see them…” Miyoung replied sadly.

“But you can still talk to them. They will hear you.” Sung Gyu said to her with a smile.

“Eomma, appa! Can you hear me? Miyoung is here! I am here with prince and I am very happy now… Prince is good to me and Miyoung likes him a lot! Remember to take good care of Sunny for Miyoung!” Miyoung cupped her hands around and shouted up.

Sung Gyu smiled at the girl who was talking to her deceased parents.

“If only you are not… How good will that be?” Sung Gyu thought.

After leaving her place, Sung Gyu headed home. He frowned at the thought of seeing Woo Hyun. He knew he would definitely flare up. Entering their apartment, he inhaled deeply.

“Where did you go?!” Woo Hyun shouted.

“Sunny died and Miyoung called me so I…” Sung Gyu was interrupted.

“Miyoung? The mentally handicapped one from before?! Why do you care so much about her? And who the heck is Sunny?!” Woo Hyun glared and continued.

“Sunny is…is the snail Miyoung wanted to give me.” Sung Gyu admitted.

“WHAT?! Don’t tell me you left such an important meeting for a dead snail?! So, you buried that snail with the idiot?” Woo Hyun raised his volume and asked sarcastically.

Sung gyu nodded reluctantly.

“She is stupid and you are too!?” Woo Hyun asked in disbelief.

“Don’t call her that.” Sung Gyu said sternly.

“What? Wait till she calls you tomorrow to bury a cockroach! Thanks a lot hyung, we didn’t clinch the deal all because of your absence!” Woo Hyun said angrily before leaving the house.

“Aish. This is so irritating!” Sung Gyu said as he collapsed onto the sofa, frustrated.

Even Sung Gyu himself couldn’t figure out why he would leave such a crucial meeting behind and go to Miyoung. Without him knowing, she had occupied an important place in his heart. When he received her call, he couldn’t help but worry. He wanted to fly to her side and protect her. Is that feeling… love?

He shook his head at the thought of it.

“I… like Miyoung?” Sung Gyu blurted out. “It cannot be. I mean… she is a… how could it be…?!” Sung Gyu mumbled to himself irrationally. His sentence didn’t make sense but it didn’t matter. The situation he was in didn’t make much sense either. He couldn’t believe that he had fallen for her, someone who had a mental age of 5 years old. “Maybe I am just thinking too much…” he reassured himself.

Then, he received a call.

“Hello?” Sung Gyu said.

“Prince!” the person from the other end screamed delightfully.

“Oh. Miyoung-ah? ” Sung Gyu smiled as he heard her voice.

“Prince, are you free tomorrow?” Miyoung asked with anticipation. She was praying to god silently on the other end.

“Umm, tomorrow? Yup, I am free. What’s up?” Sung Gyu continued.

“Tomorrow is Miyoung’s birthday… Aunt has something on so she couldn’t celebrate with me.” Miyoung said in a disappointed tone.

“Oh, I get it now. I will come and fetch you tomorrow at your house for a birthday celebration then. Let’s meet at 3pm?” Sung Gyu said.

“Really?! Miyoung is so happy now!~” Miyoung jumped up from her bed.

“Okay, sleep early. See you tomorrow.” Sung Gyu ended the call.

Miyoung was jumping up and down on her bed as Sung Gyu smiled to himself with his phone in his hand.

The following day…

Sung Gyu drove to Miyoung’s house. He checked his hair in the rearview mirror before getting off the car. Bringing along the gift he picked for Miyoung earlier, he pressed the doorbell. After some time, Miyoung opened the door and welcomed Sung Gyu with a wide smile. She was happy each time she saw him. To her, he was like the sun which brightens her day without fail.

“Prince, you are here!” Miyoung said as her eyes brightened.

“I am. But it seems like… Miyoung is still not ready huh?” Sung Gyu said as he looked at Miyoung from head to toes. She was still in her strawberry pajamas.

Miyoung scratched her head and smiled awkwardly.

“Miyoung doesn’t know what to wear…” she admitted shyly.

Sung Gyu followed her up to her room and browsed through her clothes. Indeed, there weren’t many choices unlike girls of her age. At the age of 20, most girls probably had closets of clothes. Sung Gyu handed Miyoung a simple T-shirt and a pair of jeans. He waited outside for her to change. After she was done, the two set off.

Sung Gyu brought her to a shop and got the employee to bring him a pretty dress.

“Wah!~” Miyoung exclaimed as soon as she entered the shop. All of the dresses and clothes in the shop seemed so unreal. They were all so elegant and pretty as if they belonged to the princesses in the fairy tales she read.

“They are so pretty.” Miyoung said as she widened her eyes real big.

Sung Gyu laughed at her cute reaction.

“Here, sir.” The employee said politely as she chose a dress for Miyoung.

“Thank you.” He replied.

“Miyoung, try this.” Sung Gyu said with a smile.

“Miyoung can wear this too? I thought it was only for princesses…” She asked as she touched the dress timidly.

“Go on and try it.” Sung Gyu reassured her. The employee led her to the changing room. After some time, the door of the changing room opened. Sung Gyu lifted his eyes off the magazine and saw Miyoung. She was really gorgeous. The dress fitted her slim body perfectly and suited her sweet image. Sung Gyu couldn’t take his eyes off her.

“Is it… pretty?” Miyoung asked shyly.

“Yes.” Sung Gyu said with a smile. He realised that he had been staring and quickly looked away.

“I will take this. Please put her clothes in a bag. Thank you.” Sung Gyu said to the cashier at the counter.

The next stop was to change her sneakers which did not match the dress. Sung Gyu picked a pair of heels for Miyoung but placed it back eventually.

“I doubt she knows how to wear this…” he thought.

“Prince! I want this…” Miyoung pointed to a pair of glass slippers.

Sung Gyu walked over and examined the glass heels.

“You know how to wear it?” Sung Gyu asked with an eyebrow raised.

“Cinderella knows so Miyoung will know too.” Miyoung said with an innocent smile.

“Alright.” He said before paying for it.

Miyoung slipped onto the glass heels and struggled to stand on it. She was wobbling and walking with difficulty out of the shop.

“It is so hard to be a princess.” Miyoung pouted. Then, she lost her balance as she exited the shop and fell forward. Luckily, Sung Gyu caught her in time. She ended up in his embrace. They stayed in that position for a few seconds. He helped Miyoung up and led her to the car with her hands in his. He reasoned that he didn’t want her to fall again. The two hearts were racing quickly, as if they were competing whose raced faster.

Entering a posh restaurant, their hands were still laced together. Their hands finally parted when he pulled out the chair for her and sat down on his seat too. After taking their orders, the waiter left. Sung Gyu remembered the gift for Miyoung. He took out a pretty pink box from his pocket and pushed it to Miyoung across the table.

“Happy birthday, Miyoungie.” He said to her with a charming smile.

Miyoung blushed a little and accepted it. She opened it and formed an ‘o’ shape.

“It…It is so pretty!” she exclaimed as he ran her fingers over the crown-shaped pendant.

Miyoung took it out and attempted to wear it immediately. However, after many attempts, the necklace was still not successfully worn.

“Aish.” Miyoung said, annoyed.

“I will help you.” Sung Gyu said with an amused smile.

He got up and walked towards her. After he helped her wear the necklace, he had an urge to do something. He couldn’t help it. He leaned closer and gave a light peck on Miyoung’s cheek.

“Birthday kiss.” Sung Gyu said with a wink.

Miyoung placed a hand over the spot Sung Gyu kissed and was frozen.

“Woah!~” A voice sounded from behind. Three people appeared and were clapping and teasing.

There were two guys and one girl. One of them was Woo Hyun while the other two were Sung Gyu’s friends too.

“Kim Sung Gyu, so much for being friends with you! How could you not introduce your girlfriend to us?” she said with a smile.

“Hello. I am Yoon Miyoung.” Miyoung introduced herself.

“Hello, we are Sung Gyu’s friends.” The girl in the group replied with a smile.

“Yoon Miyoung…? The mentally handicapped girl?” Woo Hyun thought.

“Not inviting us to sit down and join you two?” the other guy said.

Reluctantly, Sung Gyu and Miyoung moved to a bigger table which accommodated all five of them. During the wait for the food, Miyoung felt an urgent need to use the washroom.

“Prince, Miyoung needs to pee…” Miyoung pouted and said to Sung Gyu. It was loud enough for the others in the same table to hear.

“Go on. The toilet is there.” Sung gyu said as he pointed to the toilet sign.

Miyoung covered the lower part of her body and walked quickly to the toilet, occasionally slipping.

“Is she…?” the girl asked, contemplating whether she should finish off her question.

Sung Gyu nodded his head, not wanting her to ask further.

“Hyung, what do you fancy in her? I really don’t understand. I mean she is…” Woo Hyun asked but was interrupted by Sung Gyu.

“She is retarded and has an IQ of a five-year- old? She can't even speak in complete sentences sometimes? She behaves like a kid in a twenty-year-old body? How could I fall in love with her?" Sung Gyu finished it off for Woo Hyun.

The three stared at him with disbelief. Unknown to them, Miyoung was standing a short distance away from their table. She heard every single word Sung Gyu said. At the same time, she understood what he was saying too. He was looking down on her. She never knew that was what he thought of her. Miyoung felt her heart shattering into pieces. Something hurt badly within her. It was her heart.

She turned around and walked away with tears streaming down her cheeks. There is no fairy tale after all. All princes were lies and she was never a princess. The glass heels were irritating her as she walked out of the restaurant. She kicked off the shoes and walked bare-footed along the street. She didn’t know where she was heading to but she felt her world falling apart. Those words Sung Gyu said hurt her more than all the falls she had experienced.

“Prince, why does it hurt so much…?” Miyoung muttered as she placed a hand over her chest.

“Young lady, are you alright?” a taxi driver popped his head out of the window and asked Miyoung. He noticed her walking bare-footed and dejected along the street. He was afraid that she was someone that was going to suicide. Concerned, he decided to stop.

“Ahjussi, can you bring me home?” Miyoung asked.

“You are lost?” he asked.

Miyoung nodded and handed her house address to him.

“But I have no money.” She admitted.

“It’s okay. I will bring you home for free.” The ahjussi said kindly. He thought she looked really upset and was afraid she might do something foolish if he left her there.

Back at the restaurant…

“I guess that is what you are thinking…Let me clarify something. To you, she is retarded but to me, she is innocent. To you, she can’t speak properly but to me, she is simple. To you, she is childish but to me, she is kind. To you, she is an idiot but to me, she is everything. I am sorry, I will leave first.” Sung Gyu said as he took his leave.

“Is he crazy?!” Woo Hyun said in shock.

“No. It is the power of love.” The girl said with an approving smile.

Sung Gyu waited outside the toilet for Miyoung. It was almost 20 minutes since she went in. He was starting to worry.

“Excuse me, is there a girl wearing a frill pink dress inside?” he stopped a lady who just came out and asked her.

The lady shook her head. “I was the only one inside. There isn’t anyone else.”

 He thanked the lady and started to ask the waiters around.

“Sorry, but have you seen the girl in a frill pink dress with me just now?” He was panicking. She didn’t know her way, where could she have gone?

Sung Gyu exited the restaurant as one of the waiters told him he saw her leaving. He exited the restaurant and saw the glass heels which belonged to Miyoung lying on the street. “Did something happen to her?!” Sung Gyu thought as he looked about frantically.

He didn’t see her among the crowd. After hours of search, he decided to go to her house. Reaching her doorstep, Sung Gyu pressed the doorbell repeatedly. He looked through the window and saw lights in Miyoung’s room. He started shouting. He sensed that something was wrong with Miyoung.

“Miyoung! Open the door!” he shouted in the direction of the window.

Miyoung lifted her tear-stained face off her knees and got off the bed. She switched off the lights and remained in the darkness. She wanted so much to open the door and see him but his words just kept replaying in her head. She felt devastated and those tears just refused to stop. She hid herself under the blanket, in an attempt to block out Sung Gyu’s voice.

Then, she felt someone unveil her blanket. She looked up and saw the person with the aid of the dim moonlight shining into the room through the window. It was Sung Gyu. He climbed through the window as a desperate attempt.

“Why are you crying?” he asked her as he removed those tears from her cheeks. However, within seconds, it was replaced with new tears. 

“It is so painful… Miyoung is retarded and has an IQ of a five-year-old. Miyoung is a kid in a twenty-year-old body. Prince cannot love Miyoung… Miyoung heard everything.” She repeated his words as more tears coursed down her cheeks. Sung Gyu was shocked that she heard every single word he said back in the restaurant. This explained her reaction.

Sung Gyu hugged her tightly, hoping he could turn back time and take back those words. He didn’t mean to hurt her. Miyoung cried harder in his embrace.

“I am sorry, Miyoung… I didn’t mean it that way. You may be different but I like it because it is what makes you simple. You are kiddy but I like it because it makes you cute. You are careless and always run into trouble but I still like it because it gives me a chance to protect you. I am not supposed to love you but I did and I want you to be mine. I want to end all your tears and all your painful memories. I want you to be my Jasmine, Cinderella, Snow White, Belle, Aurora and Ariel. Okay, let’s leave Ariel out since she disappeared into the sea as foam in the end.” Sung Gyu said as he looked down at Miyoung.

Miyoung stopped crying as she looked up at Sung Gyu who smiled back at her.

“I love you, Miyoung.” He continued.

“Miyoung loves Sung Gyu too.” Miyoung said with a cute smile.

He hugged her tightly again. Suddenly, he released her.

“Wait…! What did you just call me?!” Sung Gyu stared at Miyoung.

Miyoung got up from his chest, looked into his eyes and repeated herself, “I love you too, Kim Sung Gyu.”

Sung Gyu stared at her with his widened eyes while Miyoung merely smiled.

 

Author's Note:
Hello:D
Hope you like this one-shot ^^
Please comment/subscribe? (:
SPECIAL THANKS TO SUBSCRIBERS!<3
Lastly, thanks for reading ~ ^^