Final

Not A Friend Or A Brother

Jungkook was always in his studio. He almost never got out. Not even to eat and it worried Jimin. Let’s get something out of the way: yes, Jimin loved Jungkook; yes, Jungkook loved Jimin and no, they didn’t know about the other’s feelings. They were kind of suspecting something but couldn’t really act on it… yet.

Jungkook was planning something. Something big. That’s why he was 24/7 in his studio, Golden Closet. He spent hours, days, listening to music, watching tutorials. What kind of tutorials? Not make-up ones, of course not, video making ones. He was planning something big I told you. Jimin’s been annoying the whole world since their debut about how he’d love to go on a trip with ‘Jungkookie’. So, Jungkook finally gathered enough courage –but also money– and bought plane tickets for him and Jimin. Where to? Tokyo. Just thinking about it got him feeling nauseous. He was nervous because he was planning on 1) confessing and 2) doing a vlog. His camera roll was full of his hyung’s pictures but now he wanted to show the world how handsome, cute, beautiful and endearing Jimin was. Yes, Jungkook was planning on posting this vlog. He wanted to show everyone how perfect his (hopefully) soon-to-be boyfriend was.

One week later, at 2AM, Jungkook got out of his studio, hungry. As he was about to go out to buy ramyun from the closest convenience store, he came across Jimin.

“Oh, Jungkookie. Going out?” he asked with his soft voice.

“Yep. I’m hungry.”

“Want me to come with you?” Jungkook shrugged.

“Don’t you have things to do?”

“Not really, everyone is out and I’m bored.” Jimin answered.

“Okay then.”

Both guys got their jackets and walked to the convenience store in a comfortable silence, each one looking at the other from time to time.

“Hyung, do you want something?” Jungkook asked as he was searching for his favourite kind of noodles.

‘Your love’ Jimin thought but shook his head, indicating he didn’t want anything. Thus, Jungkook paid and they went back home.

Half-way home, Jungkook grabbed Jimin’s arm and slowed down.

“Jungkookie?” Jimin asked, turning to the younger.

“I have something to ask you.” Jungkook said, his voice so low it was almost a whisper.

“What is it?”

“Your birthday is soon and I didn’t have any idea for a present-” Jungkook began.

“You don’t have to give me anything.” Jimin cut.

“That’s not it.” Jungkook firmly stated. “I know we’re going to have a break after the promotions are done and I want to take you to Japan.” Jungkook admitted, not daring looking at Jimin in the eyes.

“R-Really?” Jimin asked. He was absolutely bewildered. He expected anything coming from the younger but that. A trip? But was that for only the both of them or are they going with someone else? Or is Jimin going alone?

Jungkook nodded, ready to continue his trip home when Jimin stopped him.

“Are we going together? Just the two of us?” Jimin asked and Jungkook was surprised by the question.

“I mean… yeah. Of course. Don’t you want to?” he asked, his heart accelerating at the question.

“That’s not it. I just thought that maybe you’d bring someone.” Jimin admitted and they resumed on walking.

“Why would I?” Jungkook asked, trying to understand.

“I don’t know. You feel quite distant lately, you’re always in your studio and you’re not telling me or anyone what’s going on.”

“Because nothing is going on, hyung. Seriously, I know you’re all worried about me, Yoongi hyung the first –which is quite ironic– but I’m fine. You don’t have to worry about me at all.” Jungkook admitted.

“If you say so.” Jimin stated, understanding that Jungkook wasn’t going to tell him anything.

“I hope you’re excited about the trip.” Jungkook said, himself excited.

“I am. I really am. I’ve been wanting to go on a trip with you for centuries!” Jimin said, excited.

“I’m glad. I’ve planned a lot of things. I made some research about what could be fun to do in Tokyo and there was so much things I had to make a choice. Of course, since I know there are some things you’d like to plan yourself, I left a few blank spaces in case you’d like to do something specific.” Jungkook explained. Jimin smiled.

“Thank you, Jungkookie.”

 

At the airport

“Jeon Jungkook, I won’t repeat it twice, put your camera down, for Heaven’s sake!” Jimin complained for the umpteenth time.

“Okay, okay, I’m just trying to make some memories, geez.” Jungkook said, pouting after finally letting his camera dangle around his neck.

“Memories will stay in your head, no need to record every single thing.” Jimin said, giggling as he ruffled Jungkook’s hair.

“I’ll stop for now but once we land, you’ll see.” Jungkook threatened with a devilish smile.

 

As promised, when they landed, Jungkook drew his camera and began to film everything (mostly Jimin but the older didn’t need to know that). Jimin decided to play along, doing funny faces at the camera, making Jungkook smile fondly at him. Sometimes, Jungkook told him to do something funny like dance in the middle of the street. Jimin complied, not really understanding why but it didn’t matter. Jungkook often told him jokes to make him laugh and took pictures.

Soon, Jimin decided to do the same, taking his phone out from time to time. He mostly filmed them having fun together, like the time they went to a club. They were jamming to the music, a little drunk and cups in their hands.

However, there were some moments when everything wasn’t just fun and smiles. When Jimin discovered that they would sleep in the same bed and that you could see the bathroom from the bed, Jungkook blushed a very dark red and mumbled of kind of apology about having found only this kind of room, looking nervous. Jimin laughed, telling the younger that it wouldn’t be the first time they slept or showered together.

Every night, when they came back to the hotel, they showered together and went to sleep as early as possible. But some days before the end of the trip, as they were laying down in bed, ready to sleep, Jungkook turned around and spooned Jimin.

“Hyung…” he began and Jimin hummed. “I have to tell you something.” He added and Jimin nodded. He felt the younger’s grasp tighten a bit around him, making him tense a little.

“The reason why I planned this trip with you is that I knew that you wanted to go on a trip with me for a long time. I didn’t have enough money to do it sooner and I apologize that it came so late. I was also searching for the right moment.” Jungkook explained, pausing for a little too long, lost in thoughts.

“Jungkookie?” Jimin began, trying to turn around to face the younger but in vain. Jungkook pressed him closer to him, so close that Jimin could feel the younger’s heartbeat on his back, their hearts beating at the same rhythm at some point.

“Jimin. You’re so precious to me. You remind me of Busan, my hometown. When I see you, I think of the beach, I can hear the waves and smell the sea. When I touch you, I remember those hot summers spent in my childhood, playing soccer with my brother. You smell so sweet, like honey. If I had to choose a scent I’d like to smell forever, it would be your scent. It’s so calming. You’re not just a hyung for me. You’re not a brother, you’re more. You’re so much more for me. You’re my home. If you’re by my side, I feel like I can do anything, I feel like everything will be alright. I love you, Jimin. Not as a member, not as a friend, not as a brother but as a man. I’m in love with you.” Jungkook finished and intertwined his fingers with Jimin’s, leaving a kiss on his nape and inhaling his scent.

Jimin couldn’t breathe anymore. He didn’t know what to say so he got out the younger’s embrace and turned to him. He looked in his eyes for a couple of seconds before leaning in and attaching their lips in a sweet kiss. He hoped he could convey everything he was feeling like that.

When they broke the kiss for air, Jungkook’s eyes were shining with tears. Jimin took his face between his hands.

“I love you Jungkook. Not as a member, not as a friend, not as a brother but as a man. I’m in love with you.” Jimin said, beaming. Jungkook giggled and attached their lips once again.

Needless to say that they didn’t really sleep that night.

 

In the flight back to Korea, they talked about who they were going to tell about their relationship. They knew it wasn’t ‘just a fling’, they knew that it would last. So, they decided to tell the members but also Bang PD as he practically brought them together. They knew that those six people would be very supportive and it made them less nervous. When they landed, Sejin sent Jimin a text, telling him that he was waiting to drive them to the dorms.

“Sejin hyung is waiting for us. Should we tell him too?” he asked Jungkook.

“I mean, he spends all his life with us, it would be unfair to not tell him. He would catch on it quickly anyway.” Jungkook stated.

They greeted Sejin and he led them to the car. When they climbed up, Jungkook leaned forward.

“Hyung, we have something to tell you.” He began.

“What is it? Did you have fun though?” Sejin asked.

“We did, yes. But it’s kinda important.” Jungkook went on.

“Go on then. I’m getting worried.” Sejin said, stopping at a red light and turning to the boys.

“Well, Jungkookie and I are… together. We are a couple now.” Jimin said.

Sejin stared at them for some seconds before smiling.

“It was about time!! All these years of pining made me grow white hair early! Congrats’ boys!” he exclaimed and turned back, driving them home.

When the couple arrived home, all the members were sitting in the living room, watching whichever drama’s reruns.

“Hi guys! Come on, we’re watching a drama.” Seokjin said, holding a bowl full of popcorn in his hands.

“How was your trip?” Taehyung asked.

“It was great.” Jimin said, going to sit beside his best friend.

“I’m happy you enjoyed your trip. We’ll talk about it at the end of this ep.” Hoseok said and Jungkook went to sit on the couch, beside Yoongi who gave him a knowing look.

One hour later, the episode ended and they turned the TV off.

“So, tell us about Tokyo. How was it?” Namjoon asked.

“It was great, there’s a lot of great places to take pictures. Jungkookie didn’t stop taking pictures of the scenery.” Jimin said, not noticing Jungkook blushing.

“Yeah, the scenery…” he mumbled.

“Well, you seem like you had a lot of fun, indeed.” Yoongi said and everyone looked at him, curious. “What? Don’t you see the bad-covered hickey on Jungkook’s neck? Am I the only one?”

“A hickey?! What is he talking about?” Seokjin exclaimed, going to inspect Jungkook’s neck. The latter wiggled out of his hyung’s grasp.

“Stop, hyung! Well, as Yoongi hyung said, I do have a hickey on my neck.”

“And it’s my doing.” Jimin said. “We confessed and we’re now a couple.” He added and the others looked at him, bewildered. Finally, Taehyung talked.

“You’re not joking, right, you really did confess, right?” he asked.

“Yes.” Both Jimin and Jungkook answered.

“Well, congrats! Finally, these years of waiting and watching you drool over each other were worth it!” Hoseok said, making the others laughs and the couple blush.

“I’m happy for you but I’m sleepy so I’m going to sleep.” Yoongi announced, getting up.

“But it’s only 2PM.” Jungkook stated.

“Yes, very early.” The older said before disappearing.

“Anyway, once again, congratulations guys. Are you going to tell Bang PD?” Namjoon asked.

“Of course. He was the one who brought us together, right? And it would be unfair to not tell him. He’s like a father for us. For every one of us.” Jimin replied.

After talking about when and how to announce it to Bang PD, they decided to all go to the agency – except Yoongi who was sleeping. Sejin gladly drove them there after making sure that his boss wasn’t busy.

When they arrived, Sejin whished them good luck, waiting for them in the car. They were greeted by every staff they met on the way to the CEO’s office. They knocked and when they heard the little ‘enter!’, they entered.

“Oh, guys. It’s been some time. How are you?” Bang Shi Hyuk asked they boys.

“We’re fine, thanks. How about you?” Seokjin asked.

“I’m fine. But why are you all here? Do you have a complaint or something?” he asked, joking.

“Well, no. But we do have something important to tell you.” Jimin stated.

“Okay. Go ahead.”

“Well, as you know, Jungkook and I went to Japan–”

“How was it, by the way?” Bang Shi Hyuk cut.

“It was great, but it’s not what we’re here to talk about. Sorry.” Jungkook said.

“I’m sorry. Go on.”

“Anyway, we went to Japan and there we like… admitted that we’re in love with each other. So, we’re now a couple.” Jimin finished, taking Jungkook’s hand.

Bang Shi Hyuk stayed silent for a couple of seconds, not really knowing what to say.

“Okay. I don’t really know what to say besides that I’m happy for you.” He said, smiling.

“What? Aren’t you going to lecture us about how bad it is for two members of the same group to be together? About how it’s such a big taboo in Korea and all?” Jungkook asked.

“Well, no. Y’all know that too well. I knew you weren’t totally straight, none of you are, and that’s okay by me. I don’t care who you like if it doesn’t affect the group. You all know each other the best, that’s why I trust you about this and I’m not lecturing you about inside-group relationships. I know that if you thought you wouldn’t get support from anyone, you wouldn’t have chosen to be together. I trust you. And I love you no matter what you decide to do, if you all think it’s the best thing to do.” Bang Shi Hyuk explained.

“Wow, that’s actually pretty sweet.” Taehyung said, making everyone laugh.

“Come here, let me hug you all.” Bang Shi Hyuk said and they all hugged.

“Now, just be careful. We already have enough rumours going on, you know?” he said, giggling, after they separated.

“We promise. We’ll now take our leave.” Namjoon said and they all bowed to Bang Shi Hyuk before going out of the room.

As he was going to go out of the room, Jungkook stopped.

“Wait, I have something else to tell him. Go down, I’ll be there in a sec.” he said and they nodded, going their way. He waved at Jimin who looked at him weirdly and entered the office again, closing the door behind him.

“PD-nim.” Jungkook began.

“Oh, Jungkookie. Do you have something else to tell me?”

“Um, yes. I’m like, planning to make a vlog about our trip. It’s like a birthday present for Jimin but I’d like to post it on our YouTube channel.

“Really? And why, if I may ask?”

“Well, making videos is something I really really enjoy lately and I’d like the fans to know about it. I’m sure they’ll like it.” Jungkook explained, hopeful.

“I don’t know… It will fuel the rumours and the fandom will go crazy…” Bang PD pondered over the idea for a minute and then nodded. “Let’s do it.”

“Really?”

“Yes. If you think the fans will like it, I don’t see a problem with it. The rumours will also get the group in the most searched personalities of the month and we could use that since you’re having a break for the moment. I’m counting on you for doing it perfectly, Golden Maknae.” Bang PD said, winking at Jungkook.

“Thanks! A last question.” He said and Bang PD nodded. “I was planning on using a Troye Sivan song… You know, it’s Jimin’s birthday present after all.” He said, tugging on the hair at his nape.

“Do as you want. You’re the one making the video, you know what’s best. Now, go back home and rest. You look exhausted.” Bang PD said and Jungkook bowed before going out of the office and running down to the car.

“I’m here!” He said, closing the car door behind him. Sejin locked the car and turned the engine on, driving back to the dorms.

 

One week later

Jungkook’s been working on it the whole week. It was kinda hard since Jimin was always with him but he managed to work on it the most at night. He would make up something about a song he’s working on – which was also true but anyway – and Jimin would usually leave him alone. Jungkook was so surprised to see that Jimin had had the same idea as him. Jimin uploaded a vlog of his own in two parts on Twitter and he found it so cute he brought him to a Chinese restaurant to thank him. He was a bit shocked at how their mind were linked but he liked it.

Anyway, it was now finally done. The vlog. Jungkook sent a text to Bang PD, telling him that it will soon be uploaded to their channel. He waited for half an hour or so, playing whatever game he had downloaded on his phone and when it was done, he shut his computer off and went to the living room, searching for food.

Ten minutes into a bowl of cereals, Jimin came out of nowhere, hugging him tight.

“Jungkook-ah, that was so adorable!! Why didn’t you tell me? I would have dressed better, I would have put some makeup on.” Jimin said, pouting.

“No. you’re perfect like that Jiminie. I want the world to see you through my eyes, just like I see you. I want the world to see the cute, goofy Jimin you are, the real Park Jimin. I love you.” Jungkook said, pecking Jimin on the lips.

“I love you too.”