Final

Too Good At Goodbyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You must think that I'm stupid
You must think that I'm a fool

 

“Hey Babe!”

            You got home and its already late at night. I asked you where you’ve been. You told me you hung out with your old friends. You hug me tight and asked me to go to bed. I just smiled, not showing that I smelled that guys perfume again in your body. I knew you were not with your friends. This has been happening lately.

 

You must think that I'm new to this
But I have seen this all before

 

            I was reading a book one night when I heard I car engine driving off. I heard keys  jingling so I pretended to be asleep. I heard you talking to the phone. I can only hear you talking but I hear a man’s voice I just can’t understand what he’s saying.

 

“Yes love”

“I’ll try to go to the company ball”

“Of course you’ll be my date”

“Uh-huh I love you too”

 

            I just grimaced while pretending to be asleep. Maybe you didn’t notice me going home early today cause I didn’t bring my car. That’s why you’re talking to your lover even in our house. Because of pretending to be asleep I really fell asleep.

 

I'm never gonna let you close to me
Even though you mean the most to me
'Cause every time I open up, it hurts

 

We’ve been avoiding each other lately or practically I’m avoiding you. I went home late at night from work.  I don’t even eat dinner at our house anymore. I just go to bed and sleep then tomorrow I go work. I tried avoiding you even though we live in the same house. It took you long enough to notice what I’m doing. So you asked me. I was just at home that night and surprisingly you’re there too.

 

“Seungwan can we talk?”

 

I looked at you and removed my glasses and put the files I’m reading.

 

“Sure what is it?” I asked nonchantly.

“Is something wrong with us?”

“Huh? What are you talking about?” I acted surprised and confused. Though I already know what you are talking about.

“We rarely see each other anymore. You are more out of the house then here inside with me. We don’t have time for each other anymore. Is something wrong with us? I want to know so I can fix it”

“Nothing’s wrong babe. I was just to busy with the company. We have lots of upcoming projects these days” No everything’s wrong. I smiled at you. I can keep up with this pain cause I don’t want to give up on you. You sit next me and hugged me. It’s been a long time since we hugged each other.

 

So I'm never gonna get too close to you
Even when I mean the most to you
In case you go and leave me in the dirt

 

Since that day you’ve been like before. You’re sweet again, always making me breakfast, kissing me before going to work, going to my office at lunch break and eating together, going home early and always cuddling me. I thought you’ve change but deep inside I knew this is not rea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter