A Night Out

The Knight's Rose

Tightening the satchel around her shoulder and throwing her shoes over the stone wall Mina began to climb. Once over the wall she looked around for her shoes and for anyone who might've seen her, satisfied that she hadn't been spotted at all and putting on her shoes she walked down the path of arched trees happily.

 

For the first time ever Mina was out of her castle hours before moonrise and without guards. Her father would always let her out of the castle for morning walks into town as long as she had to guards, she had begged for him to let her out in the evening but he was strongly against it; "A princess shouldn't be out so late, even if you have guards." Is what he'd tell her every time. So now here she was, sneaked out of the castle and walking into town, it was still light out but the sun would set soon. She promised herself to get back home an hour after the moon rises. Arriving at the town square there were looks of surprise and excited exclaiming "Princess, it's the princess!", people bowed and looked at her in awe and she smiled and waved, before stopping at a merchant stand.

 

Mina was loved by all the town's folk, known for being kind and upstarting and encouraging many of the projects that helped the poor keep food on the table and for always acting more like a friendly neighbor instead of princess whenever she interacted with the town's people.  

 

"Good evening princess! This is a rare sight, what brings you out tonight?"

 

"Good evening to you as well Mr. Saito, and I just wanted to see the town once in the night since I've never gotten the chance." Mina said taking a couple apples and putting in her satchel and passing a couple coins to the merchant to pay for it.

 

"Ah yes the kingdom does have a different feel in the evening, vibrant and cool. Thank you and do be safe My Lady."

 

With a thank you and a wave goodbye as the man bowed Mina went on her way, after walking for a while she hears the sound of music getting louder, boisterous voices laughing and singing, and... was that glass shattering? Following the sound she comes to a stop at a small pub, she can hear the bards instruments and singing much clearer now. Intrigued she walks in, she's never been allowed to drink and she's specially never been in a pub.

 

The music comes to a halt and so do the voices, and everyone stares at her. Her bright blue silk dress and pale clean skin quickly draws attention without even meaning too, the pub filled with knights and the kingdom's troops are all at different levels of drunk scurrying to stand and bow out of formality to the noble in the room. Mina allows it and quickly tells them to sit and be at ease.

 

"Please, do not let me stop your fun. I'm only here for the music and to perhaps try a glass of ale."

 

"You heard the Lady, start the music and bring out the ale!" A random knight shouted and the rest of the pub cheered going back to how they were before mina had even walked in. She walked towards the bar and the woman at the bar served her a glass; "On the house my Lady"

 

"Oh, why thank you! I see you also serve pie, may I get a small slice please?" Mina asks setting down some coins on the counter. The bartender goes to get Mina her slice and she drinks the ale, grimacing a bit but pleasantly surprised that it has a sweet after taste, she looks around confused as the pub suddenly starts to cheer and people are getting up to dance. The bards begin to play a song about dancing with your love, the knights and troops men and women alike are dancing happily and Mina watches with amusement and wonder, purely enjoying the sight before her as she eats her pie. She's so used to seeing the troops of the kingdom be so serious, stoic, war fighting soldier. Seeing them happy like this almost childlike made her heart warm.

 

She snapped out of her thoughts and staring when she sees 2 drunken knights holding onto each other as to not trip. "My ladyyu! May. Wee! Have this dance?" The woman and man before her bow exaggeratedly and slowly fall to the floor, to drunk to maintain their balance. She laughs as they giggle and sing along to the song in slow slurred voices, she looks up to see a woman stepping over the bodies.

 

Before her stands a woman wearing the distinguished Navy armor from the Island Kingdom, Goldwood, a close ally to her own Kingdom, Ferrum Garden. Ferrum Garden is known for its green land and mining caves which provide iron, allowing them to sell or trade food, Iron and weapons. While Goldwood Island has abundant forests of Hickory, strong wood used for ships, shields and lumber. A steady and loyal relationship between the two kingdoms was built through trading and the two have always stood behind each other, a part of their fleet serves as Ferrum Garden's coastguard.

 

Mina looked at the armour the woman was wearing as the woman, a silver chain link armor underneath the black iron armor that had ship engraved onto the chest, and leaves around around the arms. She had short hair, up to her neck and light brown eyes that sparkled under the light.

 

"My Lady, how about a dance with someone who can assure you that they won't puke on your beautiful silk dress?" She said as she held out her hand.

 

Mina looked at the beautiful woman before her and simply couldn't refuse, when else would she get this chance and the woman did seem to be one of the few people fully sober. Accepting the hand and the dance Mina got up, lightly putting her hand on the extended arm the woman offered as they walked to where everyone was dancing. The woman began swaying her lightly as she softly sang along until she finally looked at Mina and spoke.

 

"So Princess, what are you doing in a pub at this hour? Isn't that dangerous for a Lady?"

 

"Heard the music and simply followed the sound, I'm glad I came in. It's my first time at a place like this." She answered as the woman slowly extended her arm and made her spin.

 

"And you're out here by yourself? What if someone intends to hurt you?"

 

"Like who?"

 

"Like Me."

 

The woman brought her back from the spin and they were chest to chest as the woman's hands were on her waist, Mina could feel her face get red. They were so close they could feel each other's soft breathing as they spoke.

 

"You dare say that in my kingdom, in a room full of my troops? They'd be on you before you could even think if you lay harm my way." Mina says half cunningly, half joking never breaking eye contact with the woman.

 

"I was only joking but I must admit that threat made my heart skip a couple beats in all the good ways. I'm Captain Park Jihyo, from Goldwood Island. I command part of the coastguard fleet of your kingdom."

 

"I'm Princess Mina Myoui, lady of Ferrum Garden."

 

At that moment a clear bell rings throughout the town signaling the sun has set and the moon has rise. Mina peels herself away from the Captain's arms in a small panic, quickly getting out an I have to go. Jihyo looks at the princess filled with worry at the sudden change of attitude, gently grabbing her to stop her flurry of panic she asks why wrong.

 

"Well to put it shortly I sneaked out of my castle and I have to get back now but didn't bring a horse and-"

 

"I see. Well alright come on, I'll give you a ride make sure you get there safely."

 

"Really? Thank youu" Mina said happily stomping on the spot.

 

They walked out of the pub, Jihyo got on her large white horse first, then extending a hand to help Mina on, the girl quickly wrapping her arms around Jihyo's waist not used to being on such a large horse. With a shout and a quick kick Jihyo made the horse set out at a fast pace.

 

"You know, if you're gonna be a rule breaker you're going to have to relax a bit more" Jihyo shouted over the wind due to the speed.

 

"I got distracted! I intended on leaving earlier! Take a sharp left you'll see a path of arched trees, that's where I jumped over from."

 

-

 

Jihyo helped the Princess down from her horse, Mina gently gave a pat to the large horse whispering a thank you and feeding it an apple. She then turned away from the Captain who was leaning against the stone wall she intended to climb over and began taking off her dress. Jihyo exclaimed with surprised and completely turned her back to the princess out of courtesy, Mina was wearing her nightgown underneath. After taking it off she turned around to find the Jihyo with their back to her.

 

"You can turn around now" Mina whispered, giggling softly.

 

"What kind of princess just starts undressing?!?" Jihyo whispered shouted.

 

"I was wearing clothes underneath you buffoon!"

 

"Oh."

 

The two broke into a fit of giggles and when they were done they stared at each other, the only light allowing them to see each other the light from the moon. The mood had changed and they couldn't quite place their finger on why it did, with an awkward laugh and one last glance at each other that made them blush.

 

"Okay well, I guess this is goodbye princess. Let me boost you up and over." Jihyo broke the odd silence.

 

"Right, well. Thank you for the dance, for the company and for the ride." Mina did curtsy while approaching the woman to let her help her over the wall. The woman crouched leaning against the wall and clasped her hands, and Mina gently stepped on the woman's thigh and then clasped hands allowing her to boost her up and over. Jihyo waited on the other side to hear if Mina landed, and when she did she made way to mount her horse.

 

Mina pressed an ear to the wall listening Jihyo walk off until there was a sudden whisper against the stone wall.

 

"Princess! Are you there?"

 

"Yes, I thought you rode off!" Mina whispered back startled by the sudden whispering of the woman she thought leaving.

 

"I was but I wanted to ask you something!"

 

"What?"

 

"What are you doing tomorrow morning?"

 

"Going for my morning walk through town. With guards this time, so save the lecture."

 

"How about, going on that morning walk with me? Won't need any guards! What do you say?" Jihyo's heart was pounding but she tried to sound as confident as possible.

 

"Okay! Meet me at the town square after the fourth hour of sunrise. I have to go now." Mina broke out in an excited grin, face warm cheeks hurting as she ran off to sneak into her room. Jihyo was wearing the same expression as she mounted her horse finally getting her heart to calm down as she rode off.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

 

Hellooo!! New story! Mihyo! Knights! Princesses! In any case, I hope you enjoyed this 1st chapter, expect a couple more soon! Promise! This idea is fresh in my mind so yeah. As always feedback is greatly appreciated so comment, lemme know what y'all thought! Much love ♡ -Ro